Luis Antonio Valencia

Moderators: vinnie, Jez, BigStu, Mod's

Luis Antonio Valencia

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:23

Videos:
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show
Valencia joined Manchester United in June 2009 for a fee believed to be in the region of £16 million from Wigan and impressed in his first season at Old Trafford with a number of assists and seven goals for the club.

The right winger began his career with CD El Nacional in his native Ecuador and having made his international debut in 2005 in a 5-2 World Cup qualifying win against Paraguay - marking the occasion by scoring two goals - he was snapped up as a 19-year-old by Spanish side Villarreal for £1.2 million. But after failing to break into the Yellow Submarine first team, he was loaned out to Recreativo Huelva as he adjusted to football in Europe. In 2006, his performances at the World Cup caught the eye and Wigan signed him on loan for the following season.

The Ecuador international spent three years with Wigan Athletic, initially on loan for 18 months before sealing a permanent switch in January 2008. An impressive campaign in 2007-08 saw him linked with moves to Liverpool and United as he became one of the most important players for the Latics. Another consistent season followed and having been tracked by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for some time, the Red Devils beat off reported competition from Real Madrid to sign the winger.

He made his debut for United in the 2009 Community Shield and netted his first goal against Bolton Wanderers in October 2009, keeping a frustrated Nani out of the team or at least consigned to his unfavoured left-wing position for much of the season thanks to a series of lively performances. He will likely be a key figure once more in United's 2010-11 campaign.

Strengths: Pace in abundance and a direct approach have made the Ecuadorian one of the most-feared wingers in the Premier League. His ability to find Wayne Rooney's head from pinpoint crosses was the source of many a goal for United in the 2009-10 season.

Weaknesses: A tendency to over-complicate things and not deliver the early ball can frustrate, while his defending leaves a little to be desired. Needs to add more goals to his game.

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Feb 10, 08:50, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Basilio » 2011 Apr 24, 19:58

this thread is ver very accurate, one of the most accurate that ive seen in the whole database, congratulations english mod's, but thinking about his recent performance i could disscus some little changes:

ACC: he is very accelrative, in 1-on-1 situation when he confronts his opponent he is deadly ,he starts from 0/km and suddenly he is at 50/km, a very good example is the chicharito goal assited by valencia this weekend. ( 87/88 )

LPA: world class definitly world class. ( 88 )

LPS : as paddy said it could be downgraded by some points as he normally goes for precision but im not so sure cuz if he wants too he can make impressive powerful crosses, i think its his precission that makes his crosses look slower. :roll:

AMF?? wtf??: ive never seen him playing on this position, but i had seen him playing lots of times at CMF in ecuador selection and teams. ( remove add CMF )

DA: not sure he is that good, considering DS inflicts a lot in his turnings as well as DA it could be downgraded by 1/2 points.

CURL: good curling in all his crosses and corner kicks i rate him into 80 in pair whit krasic.

BALANCE: my god he is strong, his nickname in latinamerica is train( tren in spanish ) and he isnt heavy whit 181x78, he grow up a lot since he went to manchester, just compare these pics( 84 at least ):

ACTUAL:
also the one at the first post is actual.

BEFORE( wigan ) :

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby andycole9 » 2011 Apr 25, 19:08

mabue wrote:this thread is ver very accurate, one of the most accurate that ive seen in the whole database, congratulations english mod's, but thinking about his recent performance i could disscus some little changes:

ACC: he is very accelrative, in 1-on-1 situation when he confronts his opponent he is deadly ,he starts from 0/km and suddenly he is at 50/km, a very good example is the chicharito goal assited by valencia this weekend. ( 87/88 )

LPA: world class definitly world class. ( 88 )

LPS : as paddy said it could be downgraded by some points as he normally goes for precision but im not so sure cuz if he wants too he can make impressive powerful crosses, i think its his precission that makes his crosses look slower. :roll:

AMF?? wtf??: ive never seen him playing on this position, but i had seen him playing lots of times at CMF in ecuador selection and teams. ( remove add CMF )

DA: not sure he is that good, considering DS inflicts a lot in his turnings as well as DA it could be downgraded by 1/2 points.

CURL: good curling in all his crosses and corner kicks i rate him into 80 in pair whit krasic.

BALANCE: my god he is strong, his nickname in latinamerica is train( tren in spanish ) and he isnt heavy whit 181x78, he grow up a lot since he went to manchester, just compare these pics( 84 at least ):

ACTUAL:
also the one at the first post is actual.

BEFORE( wigan ) :

i think to raise:
BAL:84
ACC: 88
LPA:88
and decrese:
DA:85
LPS:83

andycole9

Postby Luisao82 » 2011 Apr 26, 09:46

Question is: why is he called 'Train'? Is it because he's strong like a bull or is it because he has got a relatively powerful run?

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
Luisao82

Postby Paddy » 2011 Apr 26, 10:12

I've never heard him being called that. Like Ever.

Paddy

Postby Eternal Night » 2011 Apr 26, 10:48

Adolfo Valencia was "El Tren" Valencia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolfo_Valencia

The intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
Eternal Night

Postby iman » 2011 Apr 26, 16:07

i didnt heard about train but yes he is really strong.
we had CR7 before and what i see this man is stronger than him.
CR7 had 84 in ManU and now 85 while he was taller and heavier.

i dont give him under 84 for BB. (in my OF he has 85)

i agree by other ideas of Mabue and Andycole9.

iman

Postby jurgens » 2011 Apr 26, 21:21

I don't know why incisive run was removed, if hes going from the side and doesn't cross hes going to cut in, not to mention incisve run will make his play more focused on the lines at the side, which is exactly where his play revloves. with 87 lpa and teawork of 84, hes gonna keep to the sides and go for the vast majority of the time.

For LPA.. I agree with a raise. I'd give him an 87, no more... I think other than ribery hes the only SMF in the world I think deserves a value that high, at least from those i watch semi reguarly.

I'd agree with BB of 84 too. I think thats a fine value for him, hes strong as hell.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Basilio » 2011 Apr 26, 22:41

for the ones who didnt heard of "train"valencia this is a video wich i found in youtube whit that nickname, as i said the nickname is only in LATINAMERICA :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLRmoR_oUQI
well the vid is with the nickname "trensito" but i didnt know how to say it in english, maybe, little train?

@luisao82 he is called "train" because od both things you mentioned.
@jurgens ive never saw him with that card, i think it wasnt remove cuz he never had it, but i suggest it and noone said anything :roll: , never though about TW but yeah it could be a good option.

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby Paddy » 2011 Apr 26, 23:31

What is needed with this set is:

LPA: 87
LPS: 82

Lower shooting stats.

Higher accel.

Bal: 83/84

Lower weak foot stats.

*Outside.

Paddy

Postby jurgens » 2011 Apr 27, 00:10

Paddy wrote:What is needed with this set is:

Lower shooting stats.

Higher accel.

Lower weak foot stats.

*Outside.

agree with outside, forgot to mention that. What are your thoughts on incisive run?

And I believe he needs a higher agression due to that high def/ I keep finding him further back in the field and not avible for a pass cause hes covering for rafael.

I don't know if hes worth that agi value either, 84 seems better, maybe less...

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Vranny » 2011 Apr 27, 00:24

jurgens wrote:And I believe he needs a higher agression due to that high def/ I keep finding him further back in the field and not avible for a pass cause hes covering for rafael.

This is definately a problem for me too. He plays like wide DM in game often sitting in the middle of the pitch to cover gaps in midfield.

Vranny

Postby andycole9 » 2011 Apr 27, 18:02

Paddy wrote:What is needed with this set is:

Lower shooting stats.

Higher accel.

Lower weak foot stats.

*Outside.

agree with yor sugestions:LPA and LPS and for BAL i think 84 and for shooting stats i sugest:SA:76SP:83/84ST78 a dnfor ACC:88

andycole9

Postby Fiddy » 2011 Apr 27, 18:16

Yeah, agree with Paddy and andycole9's numbers.

Fiddy

Postby Basilio » 2011 Apr 27, 20:25

it isnt a possiblye 83/84 for balance, is more a 84/85 he is impressive strong, do you really think rooney is stronger? personally i dont.

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby andycole9 » 2011 Apr 28, 04:40

If all agree with my and Paddy's sugestions then update him

andycole9

Postby iman » 2011 Apr 28, 09:00

another thing
i think he should get *side, he is always on side to send long passes

iman

Postby Jez » 2011 Apr 30, 16:00

Agree with Paddy's suggestions although I did suggest an 88 for Long Pass Accuracy some time ago, I wonder if people would prefer the 87 or the 88?
100% agree with giving him *side. I tested him with it in my game and he plays far more realisticly.
You could probably make a case for giving him Side: R as well.
Agree with removing the Attacking Midfield position as well.

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby andycole9 » 2011 Apr 30, 17:49

Stu update him.
Remove AM
BAL:82---->84 on par with Florent MALOUDA .
ACC:86---->88 HE is very accelrative 1 point behind Nani and on par with Ashley YOUNG,JONAS Gutierrez and Marc ALBRIGHTON.
DA:86--->85 Decrese by 1 point.I think he is not that good.
LPA:86--->87 His is quite simply, world class.He is can eb at less on par with Cesc and Lapmard
LSP:84--->82 His cross are very accuracy but not very fast.
SA:76
ST:79
Decrese his shooting stats by 1 point He don't have that good shoot.
+ add
*Side
and for cards add P10 - Incisive Run
I've test that stats and work perfectly

andycole9

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2011 May 01, 00:50

jez wrote:Agree with Paddy's suggestions although I did suggest an 88 for Long Pass Accuracy some time ago, I wonder if people would prefer the 87 or the 88?

I prefer 87.

alawadhi3000

Postby Gugu » 2011 May 01, 19:19

I've updated him

I completely disagree with lowering any of his shooting stats paddy - he has a very good shot - one which is both accurate and powerful - and can be deployed in most areas of the pitch regardless of any defenders hustling him. He certainly doesn't need lowering, he is among the best shooters in the league and very well represented with his current shooting stats.

Gugu

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC