Gareth Barry

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Gareth Barry

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:03

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Gareth BARRY

Postby jurgens » 2012 Jun 06, 10:40

yeah he is realllyyyyy slow. I don't know if he deserves either in 70's.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby REAL_MADRID » 2012 Jul 28, 23:09

After watching him in most his matches last season I think this set needs some tweaks.

The first is Defence. He has been a key player for City's defence this year. Playing in a defensive/central midfielder role alongside Yaya (CMF), he has been this season the City player who has win more tackles. Take a look at the ladders:

78: Carrick
77: De Jong
76: Lucas, Sandro, Fellaini
75: Tioté, Mikel

He can be in greens without any doubt, I think 75/76 would be Ok for him.

The second point is his BB and Stamina ratio. I think the first is overrated and the second underrated. He is a very strong player, but 85 looks a bit excessive, IMO he could go down in this aspect by 1-2 points. In the other hand I find his Stamina a bit low... he always plays more than 40 matches per season, most of these from starting to the end. He is one of the fittest players in PL and covers a lot of meters every match. He currently sits on 83 for Stamina, that is an average number. Considering players like Lucas (86), Tioté (87), Sandro (85) I dont know why Barry stamina is so low comparing with these players, something like 85-86 would suit him better IMO.

Also Attack could go up 1-2 points IMO.

What do you think about my suggestions?

REAL_MADRID

Postby CHarper » 2012 Jul 29, 06:05

REAL_MADRID wrote:After watching him in most his matches last season I think this set needs some tweaks.

The first is Defence. He has been a key player for City's defence this year. Playing in a defensive/central midfielder role alongside Yaya (CMF), he has been this season the City player who has win more tackles. Take a look at the ladders:

78: Carrick
77: De Jong
76: Lucas, Sandro, Fellaini
75: Tioté, Mikel

He can be in greens without any doubt, I think 75/76 would be Ok for him.

The second point is his BB and Stamina ratio. I think the first is overrated and the second underrated. He is a very strong player, but 85 looks a bit excessive, IMO he could go down in this aspect by 1-2 points. In the other hand I find his Stamina a bit low... he always plays more than 40 matches per season, most of these from starting to the end. He is one of the fittest players in PL and covers a lot of meters every match. He currently sits on 83 for Stamina, that is an average number. Considering players like Lucas (86), Tioté (87), Sandro (85) I dont know why Barry stamina is so low comparing with these players, something like 85-86 would suit him better IMO.

Also Attack could go up 1-2 points IMO.

What do you think about my suggestions?

he and Yaya were vital to the achievement of the championship, according to ls suggestions but also I think deserves more defense Yaya, his 64 is little because I believe that he was unfolded much in the past season

"No soy el mejor del mundo, pero creo que no hay nadie mejor que yo"
Jose Mourinho
CHarper

Postby jurgens » 2012 Nov 25, 12:31

honestly, I'm more comfortable with him sitting in green for response.. I've never been comfortable with the current and you can see in the past discussions my reasoning for it, he should never have been rated based on statistics. His tw also needs a hike, his movement is very good and when hes not playing... you can really tell city plays so much worse without him

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Vickingo » 2012 Dec 02, 12:23

Seriously, his speed is incredibly low, sometimes I feel Totti is faster than him...seems kinda 65 or so as well as his acceleration is crap. Sinceraly I don't remember the minute vs Everton but in one ball he showed a really awful acceleration with a good space of advantage to win a ball vs Fellaini? (not sure though) and he lost it cause that. His DS also doesn't seem on greens, just sayin'. About the rest, yeah his teamwork is pretty nice indeed as Rob said could have a little boost.

Vickingo

Postby blaugrana » 2012 Dec 05, 05:59

if you buy players like Javi Garcia and have players like Gareth Barry on the midfield in european stage they will probably make 3 and 4 Twilights before something starts to happen. The one responsible for these actions should be thrown out of the club.

And yes, he is slower than Totti.

blaugrana

Postby jurgens » 2012 Dec 05, 06:40

What are you talking about? Barry is one of their most important players, he needs yaya though, much like yaya needs him. Garica is just a glorified CB that should only be put on with yaya/barry in the mid to create, as he can't do shit. Mancini put on a line up to lose, pretty obvious hes focusing on prem since that match meant nothing.

jurgens

Postby blaugrana » 2012 Dec 05, 09:23

Well still imo Barry and evidently Garcia isn't enough for european competion, they should have kept De Jong. They still had the chance to qualify for EL yesterday which would have meant more playing time for more players and more experience from european football. Its not like they will evolve by playing solely in the primitive premiership, but Mancini seems more interested in gaining another pl title.

blaugrana

Postby Basilio » 2012 Dec 24, 21:03

he was constantly entering the box last match, anomaly ?

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby jurgens » 2012 Dec 24, 21:04

depends, he tends to hang around outside the area a lot in general though

jurgens

Re: Gareth Barry

Postby KeyserSoze » 2013 Jan 28, 19:44

He doesn't need nor deserve that value for Jump as of today (77).
I honestly don't think he jumps much higher than Cabaye (73).
I have Barry with Jump 75 in my OF anyway.

KeyserSoze

Postby Jez » 2013 Jan 29, 18:14

Still feels that little bit too mobile in-game for me. Not entirely sure whether it's his Explosive Power or his Dribble Speed (could easily be both), but I could easily see one or the other dropping by a point or two.

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby BigStu » 2013 Jan 30, 17:12

yep I could see a lowering of both

BigStu

Postby kuer86 » 2013 May 10, 01:09

is there someone with a prime set of him?

kuer86

Postby jurgens » 2013 Sep 03, 00:08

Idiotic letting him go on loan. City are going to have real woes in the holding mid area this season.

jurgens

Postby Vranny » 2013 Sep 04, 00:52

Any comments to make regarding his stats before he dons the royal blue of Everton?

Vranny

Postby jurgens » 2013 Sep 29, 05:21

Barry was massively important to city. Yaya's defending and positional sense.. and effort is quite poor most of the time. Barry often was put in a really impossible situations due to Yaya's lethargy in defense. But he did a decent job of it nonetheless. Hes a very nice, safe passer, sound distributor and can pull off some really nice long distance passing. Hes also pretty smart offensively and even has a pretty good shot, good placement. I gave him a boost in defense, it's really debatable if he needs it, hes not very clean, but hes smart and ruthless. Hes the type of player who'll make cynical fouls pretty often, rough player in that regard. Hes not solid defensively, but hes quite good and puts in a fair amount of work. He has problems with bouts of laziness and his speed and agility can cause some problems too. He is very strong though, and he can win a lot of balls back through that alone, and he does. All in all, hes a very good player who city were crazy to just let go. City's mid is, weak as hell defensively.

I gave him a little update in his stats. I'll just say all of his key stats, are well defined in this set, they are quite obvious. But I've been messing around with other standards and what not so much, that I'm not really gonna touch them. I'll just say all his key traits are represented in the set, but depending on your view of standards, perhaps they could go a few points higher/lower. All in all, it's very accurate to me.

jurgens

Postby Phil » 2013 Oct 31, 09:16

Why did City let this guy go :/ Probably been our best player so far. I really like like him, he is a very intelligent distributer with also a bit of metal to his game, great piece of business by Everton. Stats seem pretty spot on too.

Phil

Postby Vranny » 2013 Oct 31, 10:00

He and McCarthy have both started the season brilliantly together. I'm just hoping he doesn't end up stiffing us and heading elsewhere for more money once his loan with us and contract with city finishes up.

Vranny

Postby PES Stats Database » 2014 Jan 12, 17:23

PES Stats Database

PreviousNext

Return to Everton FC