Samir Nasri

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Samir Nasri

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:52

Spoiler: show
Flamboyant young attacking midfielder, Nasri is regarded as an excellent prospect for his national side, he made his international debut in March 2007 at the age of 19 and has won 7 caps and scored 2 goals for France {prior to the start of Euro 2008}. Nasri plays club football for French Ligue 1 side Olympique Marseille where he is a key player and a fan favourite. He has made excellent progress over the last two seasons and was named as the French Ligue 1 player of the year for 2007, as well as Marseille’s player of the year for 2007. Nasri has impressive technical ability, pace, vision and provides a creative spark in the midfield.

Videos:
Spoiler: show

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Samir NASRI

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 11, 13:35

Continuing with discussion. We agree that 87 for TW is too much?¿ IMO yes it could be too much (i was who suggested that value but gooner conviced me) so what do you think about 85?¿

About *playmaking, i think that it should be deleted cause he is an ofensive midfielder and he doesn't go back to help fabregas (who is the PLAYMAKER). Yes he is a very creative and cooperative player but he doesn't do the labour of playmake.

Ulises

Postby Cesc » 2008 Dec 11, 13:47

Yes lets continue, the game meaning of the playmaker star is

"When in possession of the ball, all other team mates become more adapt at receiving the ball."

It doesn't say anything to do with going back to help, it's just to do with putting the right power into passes and being accurate with them, if that's the meaning i think he could keep the star.

Cesc

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 11, 14:13

Cesc wrote:Yes lets continue, the game meaning of the playmaker star is

"When in possession of the ball, all other team mates become more adapt at receiving the ball."

It doesn't say anything to do with going back to help, it's just to do with putting the right power into passes and being accurate with them, if that's the meaning i think he could keep the star.

You are wrong about that, your explanaition describes the *Passing, never playmaking. Playmaking is not related with passing abilities, it's more related with teamwork.

It doesn't say anything about power or accuracy in passes. That means that his team mates will move better and be more able to find spaces to recibe the ball, and also make intelligent runs. It doesn't say anything about passing abilities.

About what i said of going back to help, i mean that he has an ofensive position in the field, and he can't do the labout of playmake if he is positioned in an ofensive area, that's clear i think... A stricker obviusly couldn't own this star f.e.

Fom piggyback:

*PLAYMAKING

Individuals that have the Playmaking special ability are a relatively rare and very special breed. When they are in possession, their teammates in midfield and attack will be much more likely to find space and make intelligent runs. They are also adept at making penetrating passes.

So the player who has the star will not move pass or move better, are his team meate who are going to move better and make intelligent runs but never the player who owns the star. The only doubt could be about penetrating passes, but is obvius that if his team mates dont make runs or find spaces the "playmaker" couldn't make penetrating passes.

That's why fabregas deserves this star and not nasri

I don't think you uderstand me because i have difficults to explain in english, i hope that someone who uderstand this could explain better.

Ulises

Postby kendees » 2008 Dec 11, 14:22

I have to agree with Ulises, here. Cesc is a player who definitely deserves it! Samir not, yet. I agree with a reduce of his TW, I can't believe, that I've agreed with it! 87 is rated too high and it really needs a decrease! ;)

I know that i don't know anything.
kendees

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 11, 14:27

kendees wrote:I have to agree with Ulises, here. Cesc is a player who definitely deserves it! Samir not, yet. I agree with a reduce of his TW, I can't believe, that I've agreed with it! 87 is rated too high and it really needs a decrease! ;)

I was the one who suggested that value, to compensate him because we were going to delete *playmaking, that was my fault... What do you think about 84/85?¿

Ulises

Postby Cesc » 2008 Dec 11, 15:09

The description of playmaking on this site is exactly what passing star means, if that's what playmaking does then what does the passing star do...on this site it says both stars allow players to do penetrating passes easier, and both stars make their team mates make more intelligent runs off of the ball, i think this descriptions need to be sorted out properly because they are different from the game.

*PLAYMAKING

Individuals that have the Playmaking special ability are a relatively rare and very special breed. When they are in possession, their teammates in midfield and attack will be much more likely to find space and make intelligent runs. They are also adept at making penetrating passes.

In the games description this is what the passing star does, It doesn't say anything about better movement off the ball either.

*PASSING

Players with the Passing special ability are more adept at creating goal scoring opportunities; the quality of their final ball (be it a pass or a cross) can be noticeably higher, and will be easier for the receiving player to control.

In the games description this is what the playmaking star does.

Cesc

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 11, 19:58

I explained to you what *playmaking does...

*Passing improove accuaracy and the correct power in passes, this star suits players that make final pases, goal passes or assists.

Ulises

Postby Helios » 2008 Dec 11, 23:35

Ulisses is right. The explanations on this website may contain some mistakes.

It's kinda sad to see guys still confused about the significance of those two abilities while renowned stat makers on Evo-Web explained in detail and several times the role of each one. If only people took the time to read...
Instead of saying "thanks for the valuable information I didn't knew that...", they continue to defend their wrong ideas about the role of each stat spreading confusion and agitation in the site.

We won't advance if we continue to repeat the same thing over and over again.

*Passing improove accuaracy and the correct power in passes...

...ONLY in the last perimeter of the pitch. It helps guys to deliver the Killer's pass and the perforation of defences. The passing star WON'T make your passes more accurate in the midfield (the passing stats do this) but it affects only the accuracy of passes in the last 30 meters.

Helios

Postby quincy_huang » 2008 Dec 12, 09:46

i suggest reduce his teamwork from 87 to 82
same teamwork level as rosicky?

quincy_huang

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 13, 10:22

Helios wrote:Ulisses is right. The explanations on this website may contain some mistakes.

It's kinda sad to see guys still confused about the significance of those two abilities while renowned stat makers on Evo-Web explained in detail and several times the role of each one. If only people took the time to read...
Instead of saying "thanks for the valuable information I didn't knew that...", they continue to defend their wrong ideas about the role of each stat spreading confusion and agitation in the site.

We won't advance if we continue to repeat the same thing over and over again.

Yes, that's true, and that makes me angry, we should do something about things like this

*Passing improove accuaracy and the correct power in passes...

When i said that, i was talking about a general idea, trying to make it more simple hoping that cesc, and other people definetly understad the diffrence between passing and playmaking

Last edited by Ulises on 2008 Dec 15, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
Ulises

Postby Cesc » 2008 Dec 13, 11:12

Helios first you say if people only took the time to read the descriptions on this website, then you yourself say the website descriptions may have mistakes, doesn't that contradict what you just said? You also say ulises is correct but then you yourself correct him.

If you would have looked at the post above you would have seen i have looked at the sites definition, i just pointed out what this website says and what the game says are two different things, if the website is right then fine, i'm not here to defend my wrong ideas because they aren't my ideas, it's just how the game describes it.

Please don't be ignorant and just say " you should have read the site" and look at what i have written and see i have made a valid point here. The playmaking* makes the player adept at making penetrating passes. The passing star makes players more adept at creating goal scoring opportunities. Now is this not essentially the same thing or am i missing something?

Cesc

Postby Helios » 2008 Dec 15, 17:18

Helios first you say if people only took the time to read the descriptions on this website, then you yourself say the website descriptions may have mistakes, doesn't that contradict what you just said?

In my post I mentioned Evo-Web. NOT the descriptions posted in this site.

Now would you care to a look on this link and read it carefully : ;)

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.ph ... count=3501

The most important point is that :

the 'playmaking' special star doesn't really improve or have any affect on the accuracy nor speed of your actual passes!!

And as a bonus more additional information about the passing star :

The Passing star :

plf wrote:That's exactly what it is Crocit, the deadly "Through balls" so the "Passing" special star doesn't make your passes in general more accurate to reach destination (let's say if you're passing from your left back with X to DMF) but is only useful in the attacking 1/3rd of the field.

So to give you a good example, Camel Meriem of "AS Monaco" who by the way is another one of the 100 who was at one point dubbed the "New Zidane" just because he has good vision/passing and Algerian roots, can unlock many defences with great vision and throughball final pass!

But.. during the game this great passer you might find him lose many balls for team with passes that are either not hit hard enough/are overhit with power or inaccurate.

So the best way we can create a guy like this similar to real life is by giving around 84 short pass accuracy, 76 short pass speed AND "Passing" special star. So now his overall passing although good won't always be pinpoint when he's making normal passes in all areas of field, but he'll still have the ability to unlock defences with that one nice throughball when he gets chance most of the times!

So as you can see in this example with the right use of combination of these attributes, it allows us to better demonstrate that player, and the opposite is true as well.

You will see people on file with better "Passing attributes" than Meriem but some don't have "Passing" special star. That's because they don't have the same ability usually to open up defence with a magnificent throughball but over the course of matches have more pinpoint passes to team-mates in all areas of pitch not just attacking 3rd and therefore lose the ball and posession for team less.

I think that should be very clear now and hopefully has taken away any doubt anybody had on what this "Special star" exactly is and does.

I hope that those two posts from the father of stat-tweaking helped you and clarified the difference between those two stars. The brief descriptions (and sometimes inaccurate) in this site aren't very helpful and not explicit enough, we need MORE of those detailed posts with REAL-life examples (like the Meriem's one) to clarify things. If the people get wrong definitions they will create wrong stats .

Helios

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 17, 15:12

I am not going to quote helios explanation. I this that there is no doubt he doesn't deserve *playmaking. The suggestions were:

DELETE *Playmaking (4 agrees, kendees, Helios, balckzidane, Ulises)
TW: 84, on the average.

Last edited by Ulises on 2008 Dec 17, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ulises

Postby blackzidane » 2008 Dec 17, 19:35

Ulises wrote:I am not going to quote helios explanation. I this that there is no doubt he doesn't deserve *playmaking. The suggestions were:

DELETE *Playmaking (3 agrees, kendees, Helios, Ulises)
TW: 84, on the average.

make that 4 agrees

Arsenal FC
blackzidane

Postby spinaL » 2008 Dec 18, 08:59

or 5 ;)

EREDIVISIE SUPPORT
spinaL

Postby Cesc » 2008 Dec 18, 12:37

First post needs an update then, i still think the passing star should be removed even if it's optional...

Cesc

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 22, 14:17

Come on someone who update first post... no once cares about this?¿

Ulises

Postby fishdalf » 2008 Dec 22, 14:46

Done, happy now? :P

fishdalf

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 22, 14:51

Yep :)