Gregory van der Wiel

Moderators: antony, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Gregory van der Wiel

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:15

FernandoA13

Re: Gregory Van der Wiel

Postby FernandoA13 » 2013 Dec 03, 13:32

I personally like this set as it is, imo Adrien adjustments are pretty spot on. With this set you can emulate van der Wiel's style easily. Only thing i would debate is STA, I think van der Wiel can sit slightly higher, i believe his STA is his best asset something like 85/86 imho.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
Fides

Postby Fides » 2013 Dec 03, 13:43

Personally I think his BC/TECH at 76 is a tad harsh. He is technically quite proficient.
Looking at the SB TECHNIQUE/BC ladder I see:
80: Schmelzer, M. Janssen, Bertrand
79: Baines, Kadlec, Azpi., Mattieu, Inkoom
78: Janmaat, van Aanholt, Eboue, Rosi, Buttner
77: Lustig, Molinaro, Bosingwa, Ziegler
etc.

I would say he is at least 78...maybe even higher.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2013 Dec 06, 00:25

I hate making ladder but indeed his technical skills is I think why he's more a starter than Jallet. Because Jallet is far more dangerous, can make deadly crosses for Cavani and Ibrahimovic, run more and is good at both attack and defence. The only thing is that Jallet suck technically speaking, but he can past a player with his speed. Van der Wiel don't have such trouble, but in all other area he's so average for a team who want to win the UCL.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Forza-Málaga

Postby Forza-Málaga » 2014 Mar 08, 15:03

He plays always, past Jallet. Really he's so moderate?
Roy

Postby Roy » 2014 Mar 08, 15:31

Forza-Málaga wrote:He plays always, past Jallet. Really he's so moderate?

Yes.
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor
Forza-Málaga

Postby Forza-Málaga » 2014 Mar 08, 16:12

Roy wrote:
Forza-Málaga wrote:He plays always, past Jallet. Really he's so moderate?

Yes.

Ok :lol:
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2014 Mar 08, 17:41

What do you mean ? Jallet was injured. Van der Wiel is good, but not for a top club. A sideback of club like this like Lichsteiner, Maxwell, Dani Alves, Marcelo, etc... have much more abilities, especially technical skills. Van der Wiel just has some energy, giving a lot of offensive help, fast but that's all. You could find a lot of sideback like this...
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2014 Mar 10, 11:05

He is very predictable aswel. His long passing is very wasteful. Non ACC. Idk but maybe he should have tactical dribble, he always dribbles to keep possession and then passes it back. Atleast that what he did at Ajax. And playing for the national team. Have to admit haven't seen him that much at PSG only some CL matches and a couple highlights. Don't get me wrong he is an ATT SB because he runs a lot into space en then most of the time deliveres a shitty cross.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2014 Mar 10, 11:42

Yeah he take well space to give his support run in the side into offensive actions but then his cross are shitty like you said. He also can't pass opponents with his technical skills, he's a bit limited, that's why he always get with a back passes.
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2014 Mar 10, 16:28

Does he really need this relatively high TW value (77)?
I think his off the ball movement has mostly an ilogical, random pattern; he's an anarchic player whose synergy with the rest of his teammates is almost "null".
This phenomenom is specially noticeable when it comes to defend (particularly on counterattacks from the opposition).
I'm not sure about an exact, proper value for his TW, but I'm pretty sure ain't worth greens.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2014 Mar 10, 17:10

I feel the exact opposite about his TW :D

In offensive actions he always took the side in the right time, giving support at the good moments, I don't find his off the ball movements anarchic. His denfive placement are sometimes really good, even if he lack of defensive intelligence to intercept the ball. Will look at this more closely but I find him well with his teammates.
RasniPantela

Postby RasniPantela » 2014 Mar 10, 17:47

He is supportive as Adrien said , but not that much (77) , 75 looks more realistic for him.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2014 Oct 01, 07:50

Isnt this set a bit harsh if you compare it to Aurier and Jallet (or Digne and Maxwell)? I see that nobody over here is a fan of him, but he isnt starting at PSG for nothing. In the CL I already have seen him delivering good crosses at his strikers (like yesterday, that was class!) and in general I feel he matured as a player.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2014 Oct 01, 09:44

I'm not a big fan of him indeed, but he's not bad either. He wasn't called for the WC right ? proof that I'm not the only one who find him limited^^ I don't think his set is that harsh. I think Form could go up

His main quality is his consistency in my opinion. Aurier is far over him judging only on skills. But the fact is that van der Wiel is more consistent. He has equal offensive help than Aurier but Aurier is far better for defensive duties. van der Wiel is able to totally missed interventions, or let his opponents go on the side. Also van der Wiel aren't much injured, wich is not Aurier case this season (like player who played the WC, as Thiago Silva or Lavezzi who struggle to come back this seson because of injuries. They played too much with the WC).

About his crosses, it's hard to rate. When I saw his crosses, it looks like he try just to put it on the box, but don't target his partner that well. That's more: "I put my crosses in this space because I know someone of my team will try to touch the ball to score". example of what I feel with his crosses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHm6SrdvxXk Some sideback are able to give perfect crosses in the header of the striker on the box. I never found van der Wiel that good to deliver aerial crosses to Cavani or Ibra header. But he make a lot of assist because he put them into the box at the good time. I don't know really. May be a raise on green for LPA. I would say Form and LPA could have a raise, yeah. He could even be low yellow sometimes on crosses but I'm not really sure for his LPA.

This one is great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ1wcNilsP0
mcmattie

Postby mcmattie » 2014 Oct 01, 10:23

He wasn't called up for the WC because he was injured. Would a low green value for both SPA and LPA be too much? Not too special values I think and he does show it often enough imo. He can also give nice low crosses. Passing speed and Swerve could be higher as well, perhaps some other things slightly.
Last edited by mcmattie on 2014 Oct 01, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2014 Oct 01, 16:33

Just raised Form, LPA and Ment.

And also update Digne and Aurier, you compare him to them but already had in mind some change for both. Digne is also very limited in his movement. He run and cross all the time but that so preditacble that his crosses are always stopped by opponents feet^^

Aurier is especially good at defensive duties, tackling, interceptions. He has better physical abilities, he's strong especially. And also able to pat opponents with trick, can create goal chance and have an amazing cross. I don't see van der Wiel on that level at all really. That's not a problem of fan or whatever, just of realism.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2014 Oct 01, 20:32

Adrien for what it's worth: i can't see vd Wiel being greens MENT, rarely steps up imo.
mcmattie

Postby mcmattie » 2014 Oct 02, 07:41

FernandoA13 wrote:Adrien for what it's worth: i can't see vd Wiel being greens MENT, rarely steps up imo.

I have to agree. I'd concentrate on his actual skills.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2014 Oct 02, 08:06

True. For instance his BC (his general control is good as I argued earlier in this topic, 78/79 is more accurate), EXP, DEF (Maxwell has 66, vd Wiel isnt that much worse IMO), WFA and WFF can be higher.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2014 Oct 02, 09:29

May be his more accurate with his left feet, never really saw him using it. At least WFF should stay low to reflect how he dribble and cross, always staying with his right foot, and will move his body to cross with the right instead of the left when he's not with his right foot.

Return to “Cagliari Calcio”