--------------------PIRRI----------------
-------------------------------------------
-----------XAVI---------------INIESTA-----
----------------------------------------
-----------------LUIS SUÁREZ---------------
-------------------------------------------
--------KUBALA------------------GENTO---
-----------------Di STÉFANO --------------

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

by »

Re: Spain All Stars

Postby Fevernova » 2009 Oct 06, 15:59

"Sometimes one may feel like a Mammoth, cornered by Saber tooths, but one day the Mammoth will come-back right at them..."
Fevernova

Postby Dearmann » 2009 Dec 11, 03:57

Rafael Gordillo should be in the first squad by far.

Dearmann

Postby kevanos » 2009 Dec 31, 10:48

Hi brezza Luis Del Sol was a player often forgotten he was one of the greatest miedfielder ever in Spain (he started as a left winger ): "siete pulmones" (seven lungs ) was an essential player in spanish soccer history he played ten years in italy (8 years for juventus ) he won more his life over there that the unique reason to explain his short involvements in national team he was still a monument of spanish football .... it's impossible to occult him ;) "Piru Gainza deserve a spot too he was the other great forgotten in this team (already made ;) )

kevanos

Postby Xyder » 2010 Apr 21, 15:58

Let me explain my thoughts Brezza:

I see fine the actual choice of keepers, maybe we can add Arconada (he played more matches than Buyo, also Arconada was a key piece for being runner's up in Euro '84) as reserve, but the first keepers are fine.

For defence seems fine to me too, some players like Alkorta or Abelardo have so many caps (54 caps both), Marchena has 56 caps and Nadal has 62 caps, all of them good defenders, but if I've got to choose one of them I go Maceda, with 36 caps and 8 goals if anybody agree with that, I go for Marchena for beeing a key piece in EURO '08.

In the midfield, Luis del Sol is must, like kevanos said, he was one of the players who win the EURO '64, win 1 Champions League with Real Madrid, has played in Juventus and Roma. I would add some players like Juan Señor (I think isn't created yet) with 41 matches and 6 Goals (being DMF) a Zaragoza's legend. Valerón and Albelda shouldn't appear IMO, besides, Caminero and Guerrero at least as reserves, due to his good matches in 90's. But I see fine all the midfielders... so I will replace Gordillo for Luis del Sol, to have 7 defenders and 8 midfielders (more appropiate for the formation you choose to play with). Señor, Caminero and Guerrero could be in the reserves list, I don't see them replacing anyone in the midfield.

As forwards I would make some changes too, first I would replace Piru Gaínza for Luis Regueiro, Carlos Alonso "Santillana" or Fernando Morientes. Morientes and Regueiro have better goal scoring ratio than Piru, also Piru only played 33 matches and scored 10 goals, otherwise Luis Regueiro has 16 goals in 25 matches (being 4th topscorer of Italy WC '34, with 3 goals), Morientes has 27 goals in 47 matches and Santillana has scored 15 goals in 36 caps, but he was one of the best forwards that Spain has in the last 50 years. So I invite to the other user choose one of them and replace Piru for him and put Piru as reserve. Also think that Quini and Luis Aragonés shouldn't appear in that list, I'm agree that they are probably two of the best forwards of Spain, but when they go with NT his number aren't good at all, for example a player like Tamudo has better numbers than Luis Aragonés, Quini or Kiko :roll:

Xyder

Postby zguc » 2010 May 08, 15:27

Why does the team no Arconada, the best Spanish goalkeeper in the last quarter century, I think it is better than Iribar.

El orgullo y desafío.
zguc

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Jun 26, 14:54

I'm pretty sure that after this WC Villa can strongly be considered, after all, he's bound to become Spain's all time top scorer. He´s only 4 goals short... :shock: :shock:

"Sometimes one may feel like a Mammoth, cornered by Saber tooths, but one day the Mammoth will come-back right at them..."
Fevernova

Postby Brezza » 2010 Jun 26, 18:57

Swapped Villa with Piru. Added Del Sol and Arconada to the reserves ;)

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Jun 27, 00:49

Thanks, Brezz, Villa still has a lot of games ahead of him with Spain, and he already scored 41 goals and ended up Spain´s top scorer in several tournaments, as well as scored tons of important (and beautiful goals). All of this when only 28 years old, still young to give Spanish people many great moments… ;)

Fevernova

Postby Jez » 2010 Jul 14, 00:21

In light of the fact that Spain have just had the most succesfull period in their history, I think it's only fair that we make some changes to this squad. Surely the current crop deserve more than 5 players in a 23 man squad. From an outside perspective and a purely neutral one, I'd include Sergio Ramos and maybe Xabi Alonso. What do people think? If people don't agree to any changes to the squad, then I think at least the first eleven needs changing. I'm fully aware of the legend that is Zamora, but Casillas has just captained his country to their first ever World Cup and of course the European Championship two years ago. The same could and probably should be said of David Villa and Xavi. Villa has effectively fired Spain to the World Cup and Xavi was outstanding in both Euro 08 and the World Cup. I get the impression that people will be against including current players in All Star lineups but I don't think anyone can really look past the inclusion of the current crop in the starting eleven. Iniesta is another potential starter. That goal will go down in history.

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby Brezza » 2010 Jul 14, 01:05

Updated Squad and Formation slightly

Sergio Ramos> Olivella
Iniesta > Amancio
Torres > Langara
Xabi Alonso > Luis Del Sol (slightly debatable)

Brezza

Postby Xyder » 2010 Aug 12, 00:54

Yep, I'm agree with both that base of EURO '08 and WC '10 must be on the first squad, Casillas has surpassed Zamora, but we have to recognize that Casillas have better teammates than Zamora, but in essence Casillas had achieve enough medals to be the first option in front of the net.

Xyder

Postby Jez » 2010 Aug 27, 04:12

Didn't realise Rio Ferdinand was considered a Spanish Legend.. *cough*Torres link*cough*

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby Dearmann » 2010 Aug 27, 14:05

Jose Pirri is a must instead of Guardiola. Otherwise, This squad will have no destroyer.

Dearmann

Postby Fixer » 2010 Sep 01, 22:58

Clicking Torres leads to Ferdinand.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby locoloco » 2010 Dec 20, 06:15

If Di Stefano is there, Kubala can be too.

locoloco

Postby hesha_villa » 2010 Dec 23, 00:51

good squad 9.8 / 10
but i think Jacinto de QUINCOCES & Joan SEGARRA & Estanislao BASORA must be out
and replaced by Miguel Ángel Nadal & Sergi Barjuán & Víctor Muñoz

hesha_villa

Postby locoloco » 2011 Jan 08, 23:01

Kubala is in the europe all stars and he isn't in the starting lineup?

In my PES I did:

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casillas -------------------------------------------------------------

--- Puyol ------------------------------------------------------------ Hierro (C) ----------------------------------------------- Camacho -------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Guardiola (as SW) -------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------- Xavi ----------------------------------------------- Luis Suárez ----------------------------

---------------- Kubala ------------------------------------------- Di Stéfano --------------------------------------------- Gento (Raul/Villa) ---------

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Puskás ---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by locoloco on 2011 Jan 27, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
locoloco

Postby Fixer » 2011 Jan 09, 10:50

You can't make a 11 without Raúl.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby Toneti- Esp » 2011 Jan 09, 12:19

But this team is based in the best spanish players or the players who most have done for the National Team?

Toneti- Esp

Postby Fixer » 2011 Jan 09, 13:06

I think It should be the MOST important players but also the better they were the more advantage they should have. Not only a matter of titles, or else It'd be the current squad. To me Villa should be in the starting eleven TBH, Eurocup, World Cup, max scorer on both and NT top Scorer together with Raul.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

PreviousNext

Return to NT All Star Teams