Sebastian Giovinco

Moderators: čale, Epsi, crisfar, zuo, Mod's

Sebastian Giovinco

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 13:48

Last edited by DeFrenZ on 2009 Jan 02, 21:32, edited 5 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Sebastian GIOVINCO

Postby Dan_Trequartista » 2009 Jul 19, 15:36

Technique 90 is about right. This Season he will hopefully be given the chance to shine under Ferrara. But despite his opportuinities being limited by Ranieri, and no call up by Lippi, his Natural ability is beyond question. He is Technically world-class.

Dan_Trequartista

Postby DeFrenZ » 2009 Jul 19, 16:01

Dan_Trequartista wrote:and no call up by Lippi

Lippi let Casiraghi play the U21Euro at full power, except for Rossi and Santon. He will call someone from the old U21 on next callups... hopefully Giovinco if he gets playtime :) Even though Italy right now doesn't have an AMF... he'll do the LWF probably.

Image Italy
Image Juventus F.C.
DeFrenZ

Postby nico90 » 2009 Jul 19, 17:25

To me technique can go up to 90
awesome first touch

nico90

Postby Skyhook_01 » 2009 Jul 31, 23:04

He's at least 80 in BALANCE, last Serie A games including the Peace Cup so far he's shown oncredible progression in this area, you should've seen him take on Metzelder and win the ball despite being like 2 meters shorter...

Skyhook_01

Postby DeFrenZ » 2009 Jul 31, 23:13

he still gets pushed on easily, though. he's much unconsistent on this matter, yet. (see 53' for a super ball-hold against 3 men)

not a very good game overall, even though you still see the class.

Image Italy
Image Juventus F.C.
DeFrenZ

Postby Alex_10 » 2009 Aug 01, 08:16

eheh the pitch was too heavy for him, he's mainly based on silky touch and great agility, and on that beach.. i see the reason why Ferrara puts in Zanetti

]The Italian Corner on PSD[ http://pesstatsdatabase.com/off-topic-chit-chat/italians-do-it-better-a-k-a-the-italian-corner-t12414.html
Alex_10

Postby jurgens » 2009 Aug 01, 08:47

He needs a major update. Hes so underrated here. Doesn't matter how often he plays he clearly has world class attributes and his stats should represent this regardless.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2009 Aug 01, 09:03

I'm suggesting:

Balance: 77
Agility 93
Dribble Accuracy 91
Dribble Speed 94
Curling 85
Technique 95

He fully deserves all of these and more. I'm not to sure on his passing stats they do need any increase as well.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Alex_10 » 2009 Aug 01, 09:13

not yet man, take a look at the entire thread and check ladders (Deity is wasting a lot of time to them keep updated! :evil: ), and then post something useful.. sorry if this could sound rude but any newbie that comes on this forum throw in numbers without taking a look at ladders or reading the thread in his wholeness..

]The Italian Corner on PSD[ http://pesstatsdatabase.com/off-topic-chit-chat/italians-do-it-better-a-k-a-the-italian-corner-t12414.html
Alex_10

Postby jurgens » 2009 Aug 01, 09:24

Alex_10 wrote:not yet man, take a look at the entire thread and check ladders (Deity is wasting a lot of time to them keep updated! :evil: ), and then post something useful.. sorry if this could sound rude but any newbie that comes on this forum throw in numbers without taking a look at ladders or reading the thread in his wholeness..

Perhaps you should try posting something "usefull" instead of stroking your ego over what your join date says. Fyi, I'm not new to this site, I've been here since the new board was created and was part of the old, I merely felt no need to register until recently.

And on topic. I've read this whole thread and I'm fully aware of the laders too. Please, tell me what he actually does not deserve? Nothing? Thought so.

I don't see why getting a just update on a world class player is so diffuclt here. He will have them soon enough, he deserves them too. But, you all need to fight it for no real reason and at the same time leave vastly overrated players who haven't even played in a year remain in god region regardless. Oh the hypocrisy...

jurgens

Postby Ace » 2009 Aug 01, 09:58

mate the fact is he isn't world class yet. He is not a starter so don't play often (and with Diego he will not play in starting 11), please say us why for example should we give him Technique 95.. he will become the 4th in the world after Ibra, Ronaldinho and Riquelme and on par on Berbatov, Kaka and Messi........do you really think Giovinco already deserve to be at their level?

Ace

Postby jurgens » 2009 Aug 01, 10:02

For the most part... Yes, yes I do. He has near flawless, effortless first touch, he controls the ball like a true master. I'm sure many will agree with me on this. Maybe if not 95 a 94 is just too. Though 95 really is not overrating hos first touch.

jurgens

Postby DeFrenZ » 2009 Aug 01, 11:30

actually, I'm okay with these values, for a year or so. The only reason I didn't push for these values is that he hasn't showed them consistently.

(and I actually think that TEC could even go over 95, but he doesn't play often enough to let me be sure about that... it's just that I don't know anyone with a silkier touch than him)

Image Italy
Image Juventus F.C.
DeFrenZ

Postby Ace » 2009 Aug 01, 12:09

DeFrenZ wrote:The only reason I didn't push for these values is that he hasn't showed them consistently.

that's exactly what I think :)

Ace

Postby Alex_10 » 2009 Aug 01, 12:52

ehehehe same here :D

Alex_10

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Aug 01, 13:38

jurgens wrote:I don't see why getting a just update on a world class player is so diffuclt here
:lol: who says Gio is world class. If he's world class, what does that make Messi? point is, he needs to play more regularly. no harm in waiting to see what he can do on a consistent basis rather than based on a handful of games.

jurgens wrote:He will have them soon enough, he deserves them too. But, you all need to fight it for no real reason and at the same time leave vastly overrated players who haven't even played in a year remain in god region regardless. Oh the hypocrisy...
vastly overrated players like who? He might earn them soon, he might not, so I'd rather wait until I'm close to 100%. That said, there are quite a few agrees for tech @ 90 which sounds about right to me. I also agree with curling @ 85. But lets wait, there are other updates he needs and I'd prefer to do them all at once.

DeFrenz wrote:it's just that I don't know anyone with a silkier touch than him
Cassanoooo... Also Camoranesi on the night was superb... his dribbling also.

Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
Rfuna

Postby DeFrenZ » 2009 Aug 01, 15:52

Honestly, Cassano is a GREAT ball trapper (i rate him on the 94 mark)... but he's not capable of the magics that giovinco sometimes (quite often, though) does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNUH5yulJic -> nice video, even though the best trappings aren't there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aagjeXeF ... re=related -> old video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JndTZoqbqA4 -> great game by him (look the 2 traps in the 2'40" action and the one in the 3'45"... can you do these with low orange TEC?)

Image Italy
Image Juventus F.C.
DeFrenZ

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Aug 01, 16:54

DeFrenZ wrote:Honestly, Cassano is a GREAT ball trapper (i rate him on the 94 mark)... but he's not capable of the magics that giovinco sometimes (quite often, though) does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNUH5yulJic -> nice video, even though the best trappings aren't there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aagjeXeF ... re=related -> old video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JndTZoqbqA4 -> great game by him (look the 2 traps in the 2'40" action and the one in the 3'45"... can you do these with low orange TEC?)

his touches in the last vid are amazing, they're hardly trappings tho, he just has phenomenal speed and agility, he just turns immediately, as soon as the ball touches his feet, he just twists and goes with it, quickly catching up to the ball. I'd like to see more trapping from long balls rather than direct short passes. I mentioned one game where Totti trapped a ball from an Arthur goal kick, it was a big kick too, not too far from the oppositions pk area, Totti took it down once with such grace, I think with his left foot but I'm not sure. I see Cassano do this from long ball cross passes, Camoranesi too every time I watch him (which isn't all that often). I'm not disagreeing with a 90+ value, but I would like to arrive at a definate number for tech and other stats and do one massive update.

Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
Rfuna

Postby DeFrenZ » 2009 Aug 01, 17:03

He rarely does such things, cause he usually makes the ball run (long balls means often that you'll be on the offside line, so not losing time is important). I don't know if it's in those videos, but i've seen him do an outside-running trap (like cassano did in bari-inter if i remember well)...

oh, and, the 2'50" trap is quite as the type you ask (even if the ball was not very fast)

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8QGxoRZ ... re=related (1'35" the one i was talking about)

Image Italy
Image Juventus F.C.
DeFrenZ

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 02, 00:36

I'm amazed to see it wasn't hitman who started this :P

We discussed this THOROUGHLY all last season, and settled on an update and values. Now that it is the off-season people are clammering for massive updates...based on what? masterbating to Highlights :lol: ?

I'm being a bit jokey...but with guys like Cigarini(who has a less flashy, but just as silky touch are still at 85/86), you are actually going to say Giovinco is 10 points higher than a guy like him :|

I think Giovinco has the talent to become world class...but lets relax a bit. If people are watching South American football...there are a LOT of guys with almost as good touches, and could have similar highlight packages. But they sit at 85(TOPS), because they aren't getting the exposure of a youth for Juventus.

So let's not get carried away saying that we are hypocrites. How about you be objective, and use good logic to how he rates among well established players such as cassano and totti who have been mentioned.

I vowed to stay out of Juve threads for this reasons. 95 tech :roll:

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

PreviousNext

Return to Juventus FC