Thomas Vermaelen

Moderators: Korinov, brazilianpesfan, Fixer, Mod's

Thomas Vermaelen

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:41

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Thomas VERMAELEN

Postby deity86 » 2010 Mar 13, 13:16

I also think some of his more technical stats i.e. DA/SPass/LPass/FKA and Tech could use some tweaks aswell as his Mentality and maybe his TW, but I can't be bothered to post anything at the moment :lol:

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby krzygut » 2010 Mar 15, 01:28

I like the idea of TS82 ACC 83

krzygut

Postby Phil » 2010 Mar 15, 18:20

krzygut wrote:I like the idea of TS82 ACC 83

What do everyone else think ?

Phil

Postby pietja » 2010 Mar 15, 19:59

Well, I don't really see his ACC being better than his TS. I would personally go for something like 82/82 or maybe 82/81 as Chelseakid suggested.

pietja

Postby kendees » 2010 Mar 16, 14:23

I really think he actually isn't that fast. I remember his sprint encounter between him and Kevin Davies! It was absolutely 50:50, it wasn't too late and no one of them was on the ball. So I think, we're quite kind if we rate him at 80/80. I wouldn't go any higher than 81/81. That's my point.

I know that i don't know anything.
kendees

Postby tomi77 » 2010 Mar 16, 19:43

phil-g2006 wrote:His ACC is better than his TS imo, i'd say:

82 - TS Ferdianand is on 81 and I think that he's a little bit faster than him and anyone else who are on 81 (Shawcross for example) and is as fast as Lescott at 82 imo.
83 - ACC He's got pretty good acc for a centre back, better than the likes of Gallas to accelerate and to compare with Lescott again i'd say he's equal to him in this aspect also.

Yes I also agree with this for now. At least its acceleration will be more than that of the Gallas.

tomi77

Postby Anders » 2010 Apr 07, 13:08

IMO his Fitness must be 8, he played almost every game for arsenal, from the 33 games in Premier League that Arsenal has played, he has play 31 and in Champions League from 12 he played 11.
If you see the Arsenal [Condition/Fitness] Ladder
8: Manuel ALMUNIA, DENÍLSON, Cesc FABREGAS
He has played more often them all of this 3 players.

Anders

Postby MarcusAurelio » 2010 Apr 07, 14:07

I believe Condition is a more long-term stat, and thus we need to delve into his Ajax-period statistics to decide upon whether he's deserving of that value, at least in my opinion.

Requesting classic stats for:
Johan MJÄLLBY
Magnus HEDMAN
Andreas JAKOBSSON
Viktor ONOPKO
MarcusAurelio

Postby chanman » 2010 Apr 07, 15:19

I was just going to post about his condition yesterday but i forgot :). But I believe his position could also go up to at least a 7 and Sol Campbell's condition could come down to a 5. Even though like Marcus said you have to take into the consideration of his games at Ajax too but I believe it is safe to say that he is deserving of a higher value even though a 6 isn't a bad value.

chanman

Postby MarcusAurelio » 2010 Apr 07, 17:13

Well, I'd definitely agree to a 7, but I thought an 8 might just be a tad too premature.

Requesting classic stats for:
Johan MJÄLLBY
Magnus HEDMAN
Andreas JAKOBSSON
Viktor ONOPKO
MarcusAurelio

Postby BigStu » 2010 Apr 07, 17:32

contary to what I prevoisly said some time ago, I agree with you Marc

BigStu

Postby choccy » 2010 Apr 07, 17:35

Has anybody tested him with higher AGG? I'm sure it's a tactical choice by Wenger but giving him an arrow just doesn't do the trick.

Con 8? In short :oops:
Unless my memory is mistaking me he's already been out for a few games through injury, surely an 8 requires a player to stay injury free (i.e Lampard)

Persona non grata
choccy

Postby deity86 » 2010 Apr 07, 18:41

choccy wrote:Has anybody tested him with higher AGG? I'm sure it's a tactical choice by Wenger but giving him an arrow just doesn't do the trick.

Unless my memory is mistaking me he's already been out for a few games through injury, surely an 8 requires a player to stay injury free (i.e Lampard)
Yep, I have him with a higher Aggression. I'll probably post up some suggestions at the end of the seasons, mostly minor changes to the technical side of his game which have been metioned around the thread amongst others (including Aggression).

I don't agree with your thoughts on Condition though. Someone like Lampard has an Injury Tolerance of A as he rarely if ever gets injured which contributes towards the quantity of games he can play. It seems a bit harsh to judge a players fitness and ability to play numerous games just because he's missed games due to injury. If Lampard picked up an injury or two a season which dented the amount of games he played would he deserve to have his Condition dropped purely for that reason forgetting his incredible ability to string games together? That being said I wouldn't agree to an 8 for Tommy V ;)

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby Zagon_14 » 2010 Apr 07, 20:42

krzygut wrote:I like the idea of TS82 ACC 83

Agree

Zagon_14

Postby HENRY14EVER » 2010 Apr 08, 04:29

Agree on top speed 82 and acc 83
He is faster than players like Ferdinand, Silvestre, and Samba !!!

Next Targets:
1) Completing Qatar NT (Done)
2) Completing Al-Rayyan + Al-Sadd (Done) + Al-Arabi < Long way to go :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-z2jtUS9-Y
HENRY14EVER

Postby Anders » 2010 Apr 08, 14:08

chanman wrote:I was just going to post about his condition yesterday but i forgot :). But I believe his position could also go up to at least a 7 and Sol Campbell's condition could come down to a 5. Even though like Marcus said you have to take into the consideration of his games at Ajax too but I believe it is safe to say that he is deserving of a higher value even though a 6 isn't a bad value.

About Ajax, in 34 games the Ajax has played in Eredivise he played 31, and this season in Arsenal he play the same number of games in Premier League that Lampard, but Lampard has play more minutes, in Champions League Vermaelen Has played 11 games and Lampard just 7.

Anders

Postby choccy » 2010 Apr 09, 18:03

deity86 wrote:
choccy wrote:Has anybody tested him with higher AGG? I'm sure it's a tactical choice by Wenger but giving him an arrow just doesn't do the trick.

Yep, I have him with a higher Aggression. I'll probably post up some suggestions at the end of the seasons, mostly minor changes to the technical side of his game which have been metioned around the thread amongst others (including Aggression).

I don't agree with your thoughts on Condition though. Someone like Lampard has an Injury Tolerance of A as he rarely if ever gets injured which contributes towards the quantity of games he can play. It seems a bit harsh to judge a players fitness and ability to play numerous games just because he's missed games due to injury. If Lampard picked up an injury or two a season which dented the amount of games he played would he deserve to have his Condition dropped purely for that reason forgetting his incredible ability to string games together? That being said I wouldn't agree to an 8 for Tommy V ;)

Sounds good, arrows don't make him attack enough IMO.

I have to backtrack on how I argued my case for not giving him CON 8, you're on the money there. Poor point by me tbh :oops: He's still no CON 8, even if he was incredibly consistent in Holland. He has to prove an incredible consistency through several seasons at the highest level to warrant an 8, Lampard and Rio Ferdinand (before his back problems) are the only I can think of deserving it the EPL the last two or three seasons. It's not a slight on Vermaelen, he's obviously very talented but an 8 is premature for sure.

Persona non grata
choccy

Postby Felagund » 2010 Apr 18, 02:50

P18 - Extra Attacker??
When Arsenal needs a goal he stay forward, and in several ocassions he goes up when recovers a ball,

Felagund

Postby Anders » 2010 Apr 18, 14:47

Felagund wrote:P18 - Extra Attacker??
When Arsenal needs a goal he stay forward, and in several ocassions he goes up when recovers a ball,

Yes he sometimes go forward, but an Extra Attacker is a little premature.

Anders

Postby Ken » 2010 Apr 18, 22:03

I don't understand why some people still strongly disagree with him having Extra Attacker. Take a look at Agger or Toure, are they really burst forward more than Vermaelen ? I mean Vermaelen is exactly the definition of an Extra Attacker. You can hardly find any defender in the league who is more offensive-minded than him.

Ken

PreviousNext

Return to FC Barcelona