Alexandre Song

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Alexandre Song

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:58

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Alexandre SONG

Postby Paddy » 2010 Jan 05, 22:37

Songs touch is quite poor in my opinion. The ball often bounces off of his foot and then he'll mostly have to chase it, somewhat similarly to Kuyt. His passing is a little better than this, especially the pace of his passing, which're generally struck with a fair bit of thump-age, to coin a term.

Paddy

Postby monKevski » 2010 Jan 05, 23:04

As you said his touch is similar to Kuyts one, but sometimes Kuyt can take the ball quite easily to the ground. Same with Song, overall he doesn't need so much space to get the ball completely under control, the 78 here doesn't reflect that in my eyes.

For his Passing speed, you're right, most of his passes are full of power, sometimes a bit too hard so that the others can get them.

monKevski

Postby chanman » 2010 Jan 06, 02:34

monKevski wrote:As you said his touch is similar to Kuyts one, but sometimes Kuyt can take the ball quite easily to the ground. Same with Song, overall he doesn't need so much space to get the ball completely under control, the 78 here doesn't reflect that in my eyes.

For his Passing speed, you're right, most of his passes are full of power, sometimes a bit too hard so that the others can get them.

I can agree with this. His shot power could go up also if his SPS goes up.

chanman

Postby josephd18 » 2010 Jan 07, 05:59

Enforcer for sure!

josephd18

Postby pietja » 2010 Jan 07, 13:18

chanman wrote:I can agree with this. His shot power could go up also if his SPS goes up.

Not really, he almost never decides to take the shot and when he does, he really lacks confidence, what makes his shots inaccurate and weak. SP is fine as it is really. If anything, I would possibly even decrease it rather than increase :shock:

pietja

Postby Alcohomicide » 2010 Jan 08, 04:54

SPA: 79

Definitely more accurate and direct than Diaby and Diao and I think even Denilson and Boateng, but not as accurate and direct as Timmy Cahill, G. McCann and Palacios who are 80, although I rate Palacios a little higher personally.

SPS: 78 - Needs a pump up here. His short passes are a bit zippier and have greater range than these stats suggest. He's capable of anything inside the kind of zones Corluka and B. Hughes. The odd one gets intercepted, but it happens a tad too much with Song right now.

LPA: I was thinking 75, because 73 is an insane value here and it's not -just- this season I feel he's shown he's better than this although has shown more consistency this year. The problem I have with 75 is I feel he's better than Diao, Diaby and even Papa Bouba. I'd like more discussion on this and LPS and technique. Maybe a comparison thing would be handy?

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Postby pietja » 2010 Feb 11, 00:58

josephd18 wrote:Enforcer for sure!

Watching him this season I'm starting to agree with this statement.

As for passing and first touch, another good display by him today.

pietja

Postby tc811 » 2010 Mar 10, 22:11

A true DMF. Plays as the ideal back line enforcer, and always looking to distribute the ball ala Makelele.

In response to Alcohomocide, I think it may be hard to judge Song's long passing because he hardly plays it long in the first place... he prefers to go more direct and restarts the play with short passes upfield or throughballs down the wing for Clichy or Sagna to run.

tc811

Postby MarcusAurelio » 2010 Mar 11, 13:46

To be honest I still feel that his Technique (and possibly DA, but only a few points) could be a tad higher, also he seems more agile than a 79 would show, quite a twisty fellow in my opinion.

Requesting classic stats for:
Johan MJÄLLBY
Magnus HEDMAN
Andreas JAKOBSSON
Viktor ONOPKO
MarcusAurelio

Postby chanman » 2010 Apr 08, 15:55

Is Song the same height as Vermaelen? He looks taller than him right, some listings range from 183 to 185, im not sure on this.

chanman

Postby VanDaMan » 2010 May 01, 16:11

This post is Rubbish

Defence - 76>79[/color

Balance - [color=#FFFF00]86
>88[/color
( In the Arsenal and Manchester City He managed to out-strength
Vieira a couple of times and i usually see him overcome 3 people
During tussles. )

Stamina - [color=#FFFF00]86
> 87
Acceleration - 81 > 79[/color
Dribble Acc. [color=#00BF00]76
> 80[/color
Short Pass Acc. [color=#00BF00]77
> 81

Short Pass Speed 76 > 84
May seem stupid but, his passes are often too heavy but , mostly accurate

Shot Power - 79 > 83
Jump - 84[/color > [color=#FFFF00]87
Team Work - 81 > 86

And for cards How about : Enforcer // Anchor Man ??
Deep Cover ??

This is how mine is He is Very, Very Accurate in the game.

VanDaMan

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 May 01, 19:58

WoOw, let's not exaggerate.

Though I do think that his Agility is underrated. I also feel that he's a bit taller.
He seems like 1.84m.

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
Luisao82

Postby pietja » 2010 May 03, 03:34

Ehh, I must say I kinda loose my faith on this board. Alco gave a comment on his obviously too low passing stats 5 months ago (sic!) and none of the mods had any interest in this guy since then... While at the same time teams like Barca get milions of mods answers everyday... Really a shame that Alco's last login was on 17th of march, maybe then we could get some more feedback here.
I'm not a good statmaker (and so I don't give specific values often), bud I can, on the other hand sometimes tell when a player looks too good/bad in game compared to his RL displays. And francly, Song is a good example here. As mentioned before, his passing is clearly to low, also Agi boost is a must IMO, he's definatelly more nimble than his current value would indicate. Same for DA, now he sometimes pushes the ball so far away from his feet, his value of 76 seems bit of a joke to me. I also still belive that his first touch is worth at least +1.

As for cards, I'm a bit confused that guy like Busquets have both behaviour DMF cards, while Song hasn't got any, while in my personal opinion latter is the one that should get them first.(I mean if any of the 2 should, in the first place)

pietja

Postby Vranny » 2010 May 03, 06:24

MarcusAurelio wrote:To be honest I still feel that his Technique (and possibly DA, but only a few points) could be a tad higher, also he seems more agile than a 79 would show, quite a twisty fellow in my opinion.

I would agree with this. I've been quite impressed with his ability to give himself more time and space to pick out passes due to his dribbling and movements on the ball this season.

Vranny

Postby deity86 » 2010 May 03, 09:59

pietja wrote:Ehh, I must say I kinda loose my faith on this board. Alco gave a comment on his obviously too low passing stats 5 months ago (sic!) and none of the mods had any interest in this guy since then... While at the same time teams like Barca get milions of mods answers everyday... Really a shame that Alco's last login was on 17th of march, maybe then we could get some more feedback here.
I'm not a good statmaker (and so I don't give specific values often), bud I can, on the other hand sometimes tell when a player looks too good/bad in game compared to his RL displays. And francly, Song is a good example here. As mentioned before, his passing is clearly to low, also Agi boost is a must IMO, he's definatelly more nimble than his current value would indicate. Same for DA, now he sometimes pushes the ball so far away from his feet, his value of 76 seems bit of a joke to me. I also still belive that his first touch is worth at least +1.

As for cards, I'm a bit confused that guy like Busquets have both behaviour DMF cards, while Song hasn't got any, while in my personal opinion latter is the one that should get them first.(I mean if any of the 2 should, in the first place)
One of the main reasons there's not as much comment is due to relative inactivity by mods, which applies to all EPL teams and players not just Arsenal. I know Tom has been busy with revising and exams and Van just hasn't had as much time on his hands lately. Alco's gone AWOL again (:lol:) and I've only just started taking more of an active role lately so it's unfair to say the mods haven't got any interest in him. There's plenty of players that don't get comment so it's nothing personal against a particular player, it's just the way it goes.

Back to the player, I agree there are few changes that can be made, mostly in the technical areas that have been mentioned. I'll sum up some values later.

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby pietja » 2010 May 03, 12:37

deity86 wrote:There's plenty of players that don't get comment so it's nothing personal against a particular player, it's just the way it goes.

Well yeah, I'm aware that the situation is similar in the whole EPL, but since Arsenal is my favourite team, I feel the biggest pain about it :) I really didn't want to sound rude or anything, just wanted to get some attention in here... I noticed that you are by far most active blue/green guy on the EPL some time ago deity and I really apreciate your work, the comment was about others, who seem to lost interest in the site lately :/ (as opposite to other leagues mods). Anyways, I'll cut the bullshit now and will patiently wait for a nice set for Alex :)
Cheers!

pietja

Postby deity86 » 2010 May 04, 12:33

I'm not sure too much needs changing giving a general look over of the stats, certainly not drastic changes. He's without a doubt been the most improved Arsenal player this season. In my opinion he's been just as important as Cesc this season, without Alex we've struggled at times.

His dribbling is all about ball retention, he doesn't often dribble to take on players but to work himself into a better position to lay the ball off. He actually shows good control of the ball whilst dribbling, I'd have him at DA: 79.

SPA/SPS - It's an area of his game I've been critical of in the past but he's seemingly improved. He displayed his ability on loan at Charlton going back a few seasons but never really translated it to his time at Arsenal until recently. Now he seems to be a bit more adventurous with his passing, being able to play incisive passing as well as being a bit more casual and economical. As Alco eluded to he plays nice crisp passes (as VanDaMan said a few posts back, sometimes he puts too much pace on his passes though I don't agree with the value suggested) that more often than not reach the target. I would only tweak his SPA ever so slightly and raise his SPS a bit more. I'd give similar values to Alco, SPA: 78 and SPS: 80.

LPA - An area of his game that has been quite impressive. He's very adept at playing diagonal passes aswell as precise balls over the top. Sometimes he lacks in consistency (in terms of long passing) but he's certainly a bit better than the current value(s). I agree with Alco's value of a 75, possibly even a notch higher.

I feel his Curling could come up a couple.

I'd probably only bump Technique by 1. He's incredibly frustrating and the comparison to Dirk Kuyt previously seems quite fitting. Both at times can receive the ball nicely and under pressure yet struggle to receive easy passes. I think Alex has improved immensely though with the technical side of his game and hopefully he can keep progressing.

I think this season he has developed into a "P14 - Enforcer" type player, it's one of the reasons he's racked up so many yellow cards. He pressures extremely tightly, sometimes stupidly giving away easy free kicks trying to win balls that can't be won cleanly. I really don't see him as a "P04 - Anchor Man", he can play a genuine "holding" role but he gets around the pitch too much for a genuine "holding" player.

I'm actually unsure but I tend to think his Response could come up slightly, he's quick to react to and intercept passes and just overall has a good reading of the play.

I'd like to see what Tom has to say as this is his set, we need to send out the "Tom Signal" to get his attention ;)

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby Vandeach » 2010 May 04, 14:33

pietja wrote:
deity86 wrote:There's plenty of players that don't get comment so it's nothing personal against a particular player, it's just the way it goes.

Well yeah, I'm aware that the situation is similar in the whole EPL, but since Arsenal is my favourite team, I feel the biggest pain about it :) I really didn't want to sound rude or anything, just wanted to get some attention in here... I noticed that you are by far most active blue/green guy on the EPL some time ago deity and I really apreciate your work, the comment was about others, who seem to lost interest in the site lately :/ (as opposite to other leagues mods). Anyways, I'll cut the bullshit now and will patiently wait for a nice set for Alex :)
Cheers!

I don't think it's fair to say that we've 'lost interest' it's just that one has to understand that things like revising for exams, work and maintaining an active social life take more priority than this website, particularly as I haven't played PES for quite a period of time. I did warn people that I would have less free time, and have even suggested two possible people to help moderate the EPL.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby pietja » 2010 May 04, 17:02

Ok then Van, 'were forced to lost interest' is what I meant :) No hard feelings mate! I also didn't played PES for some time now and I come to this site mainly to forget about studies just for a few moments... Hopefully we'll all have some more time to play during the summer break. ;)

Back to Song, what you think about that little Agi boost deity? Although he can seem quite slow at his manouvers at times, he also showed a few twisty turns this season, so maybe 80 here is something to consider? Not 100% sure though.

pietja

Postby deity86 » 2010 May 05, 20:24

Song's Agility is really annoying to judge. At times he can pull off ridiculous turns and fool multiple players, yet other times he turns about as quick as disable elephant. He could sit on an 80 but I don't see too much problem with the current value at the moment personally.

deity86

PreviousNext

Return to West Ham United FC