Robin van Persie

Moderators: Jez, vinnie, BigStu, Mod's

Robin van Persie

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:54

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Apr 04, 06:59, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Robin VAN PERSIE

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 22, 14:55

I think his Atack and Response are underrated. He is becoming more a box player with good positioning and good reading than a creative player. This season his 8 goals are thanked to his "poacher" abilites (atk, response and shoting abilites, wich i think suits him well) and no to his creative ones (dribbling, speed, tecnique...) I suggest:

ATK: 85/86 (+2/+3).
Response: 84/85 (+4/+5) (Rooney: 86, Tevez: 87, Anelka: 89, Berbatov: 87, seems fair imo)

Last edited by Ulises on 2008 Dec 22, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Ulises

Postby Fides » 2008 Dec 22, 14:57

I think yesterdays goal was more because of his brilliant first touch then his other abilities.

Fides

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 22, 15:05

Fides wrote:I think yesterdays goal was more because of his brilliant first touch then his other abilities.

Didn't see the match yesterday, But isn't he becoming a box stayer forward with good positioning and stats underrated, don't you think that?¿

Ulises

Postby blackzidane » 2008 Dec 22, 16:23

Fides wrote:I think yesterdays goal was more because of his brilliant first touch then his other abilities.

I'd have to agree here, it is down to his brilliant technical ability when trapping and carrying a ball forward with his first touch. If anything I believe his Technique should be raised to a 89-90 region as his trapping abilities are that good

Arsenal FC
blackzidane

Postby Tom » 2008 Dec 22, 19:30

Whilst his goal yesterday was definitely due to his decent first touch, Ulises still has a point about his Response (I disagree about Attack, his positioning has been worse than Defoe for the majority of his Arsenal career). Bar yesterday, all of his goals this season have been down to well-timed runs and reacting quickly to passes in the box, and he's been able to perform these sharp movements for quite a while. He definitely deserves a higher value than an 80, and I feel that at an 84 is spot on. (That's what I gave him in my OF, at least).

Tom

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 22, 20:25

GoonerLover66 wrote:Whilst his goal yesterday was definitely due to his decent first touch, Ulises still has a point about his Response (I disagree about Attack, his positioning has been worse than Defoe for the majority of his Arsenal career). Bar yesterday, all of his goals this season have been down to well-timed runs and reacting quickly to passes in the box, and he's been able to perform these sharp movements for quite a while. He definitely deserves a higher value than an 80, and I feel that at an 84 is spot on. (That's what I gave him in my OF, at least).

Yes probably my suggestio of atack was a bit high. But i want to compare him with players without a good positional sense like, messi, lennon and robben who are 80. And imo he should have a 3 or 4 points gap with them...

Well, i fix the suggested value for response at 84 as gooner agreed. And i lower ATK suggestion to 83/84.

ATK: 83/84
Response: 84 (3 quincy_haung, agrees, gooner, ulises)

Last edited by Ulises on 2008 Dec 23, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Ulises

Postby Brezza » 2008 Dec 22, 22:01

You could raise his ridiculously low aggression value as well while your at it, i dont think hes this conservative coming forward.

I think its his good reactions and well timed runs forward that help him get into those attacking areas rather than pure positioning.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 22, 22:16

Brezza wrote:You could raise his ridiculously low aggression value as well while your at it, i dont think hes this conservative coming forward.

I think its his good reactions and well timed runs forward that help him get into those attacking areas rather than pure positioning.

Of course that's why he deserves higher response than attack. But i found his attack really unfair comparing with messi robben or lenno. Or you are suggesting that his positioning is on par with them, cause i remember to you that messi and robben has higher value than him in response. So we should make more diffrence between them cause you must agree with me that his better at positioning that those players, don't you?¿

Ulises

Postby PMC » 2008 Dec 22, 22:21

his 1st touch against Liverpool reminded me of the legendary non-flying dutchman 8-)

I'm against you
PMC

Postby quincy_huang » 2008 Dec 23, 11:34

Ulises wrote:
GoonerLover66 wrote:Whilst his goal yesterday was definitely due to his decent first touch, Ulises still has a point about his Response (I disagree about Attack, his positioning has been worse than Defoe for the majority of his Arsenal career). Bar yesterday, all of his goals this season have been down to well-timed runs and reacting quickly to passes in the box, and he's been able to perform these sharp movements for quite a while. He definitely deserves a higher value than an 80, and I feel that at an 84 is spot on. (That's what I gave him in my OF, at least).

Yes probably my suggestio of atack was a bit high. But i want to compare him with players without a good positional sense like, messi, lennon and robben who are 80. And imo he should have a 3 or 4 points gap with them...

Well, i fix the suggested value for response at 84 as gooner agreed. And i lower ATK suggestion to 83/84.

ATK: 83/84
Response: 84 (2 agrees, gooner, ulises)

make it 3 agrees please :D

quincy_huang

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 23, 11:52

quincy_huang wrote:make it 3 agrees please :D

Agree with response and atk or just response?¿

When this is updated or disagreed, i will go wit aggresion and technique.

Ulises

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 23, 14:05

he's easily one of the best Long passers in the league with amazing Speed on his passes. How is he not rated higher?

Paddy

Postby quincy_huang » 2008 Dec 24, 15:58

Ulises wrote:
quincy_huang wrote:make it 3 agrees please :D

Agree with response and atk or just response?¿

When this is updated or disagreed, i will go wit aggresion and technique.

both =)

quincy_huang

Postby Lancaster » 2008 Dec 29, 07:35

i think van persie has been healthy all season and has proven hes a great goal scorer. i think we should add scoring to special abilities and drop passing.

hes an OK passer but he has more ability to score than he does to pass.

Lancaster

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 29, 10:52

We were trying to update this, we should keep an order cause if not this is a mess...

Response: 84 (3 agrees, quincy_haung, gooner, ulises)

Ulises

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 29, 14:12

Paddy wrote:he's easily one of the best Long passers in the league with amazing Speed on his passes. How is he not rated higher?

Long Pass Acc.: 84
Long Pass Speed: 86

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2008 Dec 30, 17:49

I agree with the changes to Long Passing and Response. However I think his shot accuracy is too high, Van Persie is a wasteful striker and the placement in his shots really isn't great he only usely scores through power and his fantastic striking of the ball I feel his shot accuracy should be a value like 79 maximum 80 as its an area in which he's comparable to John Carew in my opinion.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 31, 01:53

Disagree with lowering SA and disagree with add *scoring, imo he is well rate here.

I also want to introduce one more suggestion, his TW looks low to me, imo he is more cooperative liking well with his mates is his maing characteristic to my eyes, isn't it?¿ But i can't find a good number.

Paddy wrote:Long Pass Acc.: 84
Long Pass Speed: 86

Agree, and i count 3 agrees?¿

Response: 84 (4 agrees)

Ulises

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 31, 01:55

yay

Paddy

Next

Return to Manchester United FC