Jack Wilshere

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Jack Wilshere

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:53

Spoiler: show
Jack Wilshere is an amazing English talent. In February 2008, he made his debut for Arsenal Reserves against Reading, and scored Arsenal's only goal of the match. In April he made his home debut, against Derby County Reserves, coming off the bench to assist Rhys Murphy. Against a West Ham United side, he set up the first goal for Portuguese striker Rui Fonte and was the scorer of the second goal, a curler that went into the top corner. He then played in the Atalanta Cup along with the club's other Under-16 players where they won the tournament and Wilshere winning player of the tournament.

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show

Last edited by vinnie on 2013 Nov 29, 23:30, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Jack WILSHERE

Postby deity86 » 2010 Nov 15, 17:28

I agree with the Balance reduction and would actually have it 1 lower despite my previous arguments to keep it at a higher value. His Agility more than compensates for it and is a big reason for his "strength" along with his determination. He is taller than 170 and maybe even a cm or two taller than the 172 also. He appears slightly taller than Arshavin who's listed as 172 on here.

I do think a few areas are generous for the moment like his shooting stats, Tech, TW. I think it's too early for his TW to be that high. Not because of age but because he lacks in that department sometimes. In terms of vision I'd have no hesitation but he tends to hold on to the ball too often (I know he has *TD) rather than releasing it at the right time which can lead to problems. I also disagree with his SPS being that high. I actually think he has a problem with under-weighting his passes to be fair. I actually have his accuracy rated higher but speed quite a touch lower personally. I do have a problem with his Tech on that high a value, he lacks consistency in his touch. At it's best it would be fine on that value but he has a tendency to switch off and take a fair few touches to control fairly simple balls. I've probably been a bit harsh on him in my OF but I don't think he should too far from his current value.

Defence and Agility are exactly what I have him at. Speed stats look fine though I would have him at an 87 for ACC. I have his DS a few points higher, though he's not the quickest player you'll ever see he maintains his speed on the ball very well indeed combined with his good control of the ball. I've got him at a 79 for Mentality. I've had him with *Passing on my OF for ages now but I think it's the right time to give it to him on here.

I agree with alot of things in the set and it seems I have very similar values in most areas. Sorry for not going in depth but they're just some thoughts. I've been very conscious (maybe too much) of trying not to overrate him so maybe I'm being harsh in a few aspects of his game.

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby pedala robinho » 2010 Nov 15, 17:53

Nice, deity :D. Thanks for your reply.

So, about the stats, I wouldn't disagree with the ACC 87, actually it was the first value that came to my mind, when I've done his stats. He has a similar style of running to Iniesta, not so fast but incredible first meters. About DS, maybe 84 would be an interesting compromise? He wouldn't be too fast, as he does not have a high TS. On Shooting Skills, I wouldn't argue with decreasing both SA/ST by one point. Technique also, as I said, I can't see him so regullarly, so, my suggestions are based on the "flashs" of my mind. He seems to have a really smooth touch, but as you say he can be inconsistent sometimes, what would you say about a 84? Putting him on pair with Canales? For TW, I wouldn't argue with decreasing it to 82, as he'll still be over Coutinho and Canales. Mentality, for sure, 79 is a safe value.

About his Weight/Height, on Wiki (the most untrustful site on the world xD), he's listed at 173, so, I wouldn't argue with this. Also would drop one point more his BB. With the high Agility, he'll be able to escape from the hard tackles.

About passing skills, what values you have on mind? Something like SPA: 81, SPS: 80 would be fine? I rated his SPS higher exactly because I have the feeling that he put's so much power on all his short passes, even when it's unnecessary. It seems that he does not have a decent control of the power.

Summarizing:

Height: 173 cm
Weight: 68 kg

Body Balance: 78
Acceleration: 87
Dribble Speed: 84
Shot Accuracy: 74
Shot Technique: 76
Technique: 84
Team Work: 82

pedala robinho

Postby Mr. Evans » 2010 Nov 15, 18:23

deity86 wrote:I agree with the Balance reduction and would actually have it 1 lower despite my previous arguments to keep it at a higher value. His Agility more than compensates for it and is a big reason for his "strength" along with his determination. He is taller than 170 and maybe even a cm or two taller than the 172 also. He appears slightly taller than Arshavin who's listed as 172 on here.

I do think a few areas are generous for the moment like his shooting stats, Tech, TW. I think it's too early for his TW to be that high. Not because of age but because he lacks in that department sometimes. In terms of vision I'd have no hesitation but he tends to hold on to the ball too often (I know he has *TD) rather than releasing it at the right time which can lead to problems. I also disagree with his SPS being that high. I actually think he has a problem with under-weighting his passes to be fair. I actually have his accuracy rated higher but speed quite a touch lower personally. I do have a problem with his Tech on that high a value, he lacks consistency in his touch. At it's best it would be fine on that value but he has a tendency to switch off and take a fair few touches to control fairly simple balls. I've probably been a bit harsh on him in my OF but I don't think he should too far from his current value.

Defence and Agility are exactly what I have him at. Speed stats look fine though I would have him at an 87 for ACC. I have his DS a few points higher, though he's not the quickest player you'll ever see he maintains his speed on the ball very well indeed combined with his good control of the ball. I've got him at a 79 for Mentality. I've had him with *Passing on my OF for ages now but I think it's the right time to give it to him on here.

I agree with alot of things in the set and it seems I have very similar values in most areas. Sorry for not going in depth but they're just some thoughts. I've been very conscious (maybe too much) of trying not to overrate him so maybe I'm being harsh in a few aspects of his game.

To summarize deity's suggestions (on pedala's set):
BAL: 78
ACC: 87
DS: 85-86
SPA: 81-83
SPS: 79-80
TEC: 84-85
MEN: 79
TW: 82-83

I agree with deity's suggestions except for BAL. I think 78 in BAL would make him a bit too weak, he's so light and tiny, so i agree with pedala's value.
But if his height gets increased even more, i would agree with 78.

I would go for DS @ 86 SPA @ 82, SPS @ 80, TEC 85 and TW @83. I would also decrease his TS by one (maybe even two) more point. His TS really isn't impressive, at least he hasn't shown anything impressive, and i think putting him over Fabregas would be unfair, especially in combination with his great ACC.

And about his shooting stats, you've rated them too high. He hasn't shown anything of that level at a regular basis. I think rasing his current SA and ST by one would be more than enough.

I thought his DEF was bit better though.. And isn't 82 in CUR a little bit too much?

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby deity86 » 2010 Nov 15, 18:25

I actually have him on an 85 for DS but would have no problem with an 84. He does seem to glide on the pitch with the ball at his feet.

For shooting I still don't think he's proven himself yet. If there's a criticism of Jack it's that he doesn't shoot enough, a typical Arsenal player in the sense that he'd prefer to play that extra pass even when in a good position to shoot. That makes it pretty hard to judge his overall shooting to be honest. Though the suggested values will by no means make his deadly, they still rate him above players who have proven themselves as effective shooters. I've got him on the same values as the current 1st post on my OF until he proves himself.

I'd be fine with the current 1st post Tech but again wouldn't argue with a point higher ;)

My thoughts on his TW change quite often. Sometimes he can dictate a game (even with Cesc on the pitch), everything can run through him. Then there's the games where he doesn't quite seem to gel with everyone, he doesn't get into the spaces to receive the ball and can waste possession. He has the benefit of an Arsenal team that are usually on the move all the time, he more often than not has multiple options but he tends to pick out the right option a good majority of the time. I wouldn't argue with that value, I'd guarentee it'll will be in the late 80's further down the line in his career ;)

The thing with Jack is that he's very elusive. On the ball he has that low centre of gravity that comes with being so small, he kind of just bounces off of challenges and can keep his momentum going. In a pure battle of strength he can hold his own but will inevitably lose out to most players, but he will always try. It's funny watching him have physical duels with players like Andy Carroll and other big players, he's like a little terrier biting at their heels :D

I have him on 82/78 for SPA/SPS personally. With too high a SPS it feels like he can pull of unrealistic passes to me. He can rip a defence open, but not with a overly-powerful pass. He's very precise but I don't think he has the greatest range when it comes to short passing. As I alluded to before, I do feel he under-weights his passes quite often, making a team mate have to change their run to get onto a pass instead of putting it perfectly to feet. He can pull off nice passes in game with his accuracy + *Passing just without it being over the top to the point he's playing 40 yard through balls with perfect weight on them. It's just a personal preference having his SPS that touch lower though ;)

I can't be bothered to explain it but I'd have his Attack a couple of points lower than your set. Another note, I'd remove WF completely and in the future SM could probably go too.

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby pedala robinho » 2010 Nov 15, 18:49

So, I have done minimal changes on my set, according what we have discussed. I tried to balance both Evans and deity suggestions.

About his ATK, I wouldn't put this under, I mean... He's an intelligent guy, he can position himself well, and can find empty spaces to put nice passes (yep, ATK affects this). Just to put a comparation with a player of similar position: Anderson is rated at 74, if I'm not mistaken. I can't believe Wilshere should be under him.

And about TS: I do think the 80 is fine. The major problem with his speed is that he doesn't show this often, but he's capable of doing some nice runs.

pedala robinho

Postby Gugu » 2010 Nov 15, 21:23

My personal belief is that Attack should not go down. A higher attack value has the effect of verticalizing passes, and wilshite's passes seem to me like that to a T 8-) He gets into some good positions in the box too from deeper situatuins to pull off shots.

Last edited by Gugu on 2011 Jan 01, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
Gugu

Postby Mrky_MNE » 2010 Nov 15, 21:31

'''wilshite's'' ? :lol: :D

Mrky_MNE

Postby Gugu » 2010 Nov 16, 09:07

Ohhh, Accident, I rate him really 8-)
I'll keep it though ;)

Gugu

Postby lushoxfloow » 2010 Nov 18, 23:00

it seems a bit hard long pas:

- 75 (+5)
- 74 (+7)

lushoxfloow

Postby andrew0402 » 2011 Jan 01, 12:09

Attack: 75
Defence: 48
Balance: 78
Stamina: 82
Top Speed: 82
Response: 78
Agility: 87
Dribble Accuracy: 81
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 82
Short Pass Speed: 80
Long Pass Accuracy: 76
Long Pass Speed: 74
Shot Accuracy: 72
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 74
Free Kick Accuracy: 65
Curling: 79
Header: 68
Jump: 70
Aggression: 82
Mentality: 79
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 82

Condition/Fitness: 5
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 5

CARDS:
P17 - Free Roaming
S06 - Outside Curve

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Dribbling
*Tactical Dribble
*Outside
*Playmaking

andrew0402

Postby tomaster » 2011 Jan 01, 14:14

Wilshere, he needs massive upgrade in Mentality and Stamina, in last two big games (ManU and Chelsea) he could cover huge part of the pitch, till the last minutes (well not in ManU match, he was changed). His tenacity was impressive.

tomaster

Postby ronaldoisfat » 2011 Jan 01, 14:48

Teamwork can also go up along with mentality and stamina.

ronaldoisfat

Postby lushoxfloow » 2011 Jan 01, 19:35

Club: Arsenal
Number: 19
Position: AMF*, CMF, (SMF)
Nationality: English
Injury Tolerance: B

Foot: L
Side: B

Length: 173
Weight: 68

Attack: 75
Defence: 50
Balance: 78
Stamina: 83
Top Speed: 81
Response: 80
Agility: 88
Dribble Accuracy: 83
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 82
Short Pass Speed: 81
Long Pass Accuracy: 79
Long Pass Speed: 76
Shot Accuracy: 73
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 76
Free Kick Accuracy: 73
Curling: 81
Header: 68
Jump: 72
Aggression: 82
Mentality: 80
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 83

Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 3
Consistency: 5

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Dribbling
*Tactical Dribble
*Passing ?
*Outside

Last edited by lushoxfloow on 2011 Jan 02, 14:36, edited 2 times in total.
lushoxfloow

Postby Paddy » 2011 Jan 02, 01:39

I don't agree with either of those sets, both seem to have disregarded him being utilised in the 'Pirlo' role of a deep lying playmaker.

Paddy

Postby jorgecavs » 2011 Jan 02, 07:47

I like the set of lushoxfloow, needs to be updated anyway. He is in a high level.

jorgecavs

Postby Gugu » 2011 Jan 02, 10:14

To be honest, Mr. Evans' changes seem the most reasonable.

Mr. Evans wrote:I would go for DS @ 86 SPA @ 82, SPS @ 80, TEC 85 and TW @83.

TEC 85, and SPA 80 seem a touch high, I'd bring them lower. His trapping is decent at best, and sometimes he is careless with his control so a chance is wasted. And I don't think he has tremendous range on his short passing, he can do all of his passes easily with a 79, but sometimes lose possession when trying for range.

Gugu

Postby tomaster » 2011 Jan 02, 11:47

I can agree with "careless control" but he usually use his speed to recover the ball, same thing with passing, he lost accuracy when he's trying long passes.

tomaster

Postby lushoxfloow » 2011 Jan 02, 14:10

Paddy wrote:I don't agree with either of those sets, both seem to have disregarded him being utilised in the 'Pirlo' role of a deep lying playmaker.

*Passing ?

lushoxfloow

Postby pedala robinho » 2011 Jan 04, 14:03

AGG seems too high on both sets. Anyways, I've done some changes on my set on previous page.

pedala robinho

Postby lushoxfloow » 2011 Jan 05, 16:20

Pedala I like me his stats, believe that it works better without *dribbling
That thinks on tecnique 84/85 and Team Work 83

pedala robinho wrote:*PASSING SKILLS:
Probably one of his biggest assets, the speed/power he puts on his short passes is really interesting. Combined at a decent accuracy, makes him able to do some killer passes, along with *Passer. I would put him over Coutinho and Canales in all passing skills.

Probably: Short Pass Speed: 80 ?

That thinks you?

lushoxfloow

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal FC