Arsenal FC - Team Tactics

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Arsenal FC - Team Tactics

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Aug 11, 17:39

TO BE UPDATED

Last edited by kendees on 2009 Dec 22, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Arsenal FC - Formations & Tactics

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2012 Jul 11, 02:10

if jovetic finally goes to london, what are the posibilities that arsenal play with two SS ( podolski, jovetic) and giroud CF? i think it will be interesting. i don't think the midfield will change, hope that rosicky maintain his latest level, more minutes for chambo and the return of wilshere... fuck i want football!

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2012 Aug 09, 04:24

Please help me out here guys
what formation arsenal used in their friendly matches? has been a regular one or different for every match?

also what do you think, cazorla will be the AM relegating rosicky and ramsey to the bench? or replace song (if it goes to barca) as a CM along with arteta?

Damn, sorry for double posting :S

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby vierico » 2012 Aug 29, 10:50

GK: Szczęsny
CB:Mertesacker
CB: Vermaelen
RB: Jenkinson
LB: Gibbs
CM: Diaby
CM: Arteta
RM: Gervinho
LM: Podolski
AM: Cazorla
CF: Giroud

vierico

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2012 Aug 29, 22:39

the better so far...

--------------------------Szczesny
--------------Mertesacker---Vermaelen
Jenkinson------------------------------------Gibbs
-------------Arteta--------------Diaby
-------------------------Cazorla
-----Gervinho------------------------Podolski
---------------------------Giroud

Waiting for sagna, and diaby replacement

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2012 Sep 15, 20:49

Now i think chambo will be a starter for the right side as a SMF helping in defensive duties, unless walcott enters then he change to the left side, and in attack normally giroud as CF and podolski as a SS, or podolski and gervinho playing more freely like today, changing places a lot, dont know which position exactly for gervinho. Coquelin was great too as a defensive CM

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby chanman » 2012 Sep 16, 04:10

Da InvIncIblEs wrote:Now i think chambo will be a starter for the right side as a SMF helping in defensive duties, unless walcott enters then he change to the left side, and in attack normally giroud as CF and podolski as a SS, or podolski and gervinho playing more freely like today, changing places a lot, dont know which position exactly for gervinho. Coquelin was great too as a defensive CM

When Podolski is up front Gervinho plays as SS from what I can tell.

chanman

Postby Sefyu » 2012 Oct 04, 12:13

What do you think guys is Arsenal's tactic this season, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1? For me it's more a 4-2-3-1, with Chambo as RMF (I'm sure he plays RMF, not RA) and Gervinho as a SS up front at the moment. But I'm absolutely not sure about Podolskis role, is he LMF, LA, SS or even AMF when he plays on the left side? AMF maybe because he comes a lot through the middle as well (Gibbs sometimes very lonely on the left flank :D ). Against Olympiacos in CL for example Chambo and Podolski played much deeper than Gervinho, which is an evidence for 4-2-3-1... whoscored.com lists Podolski always as LMF, too.

Finally, I'm concerned if Arteta plays more as a DMF, or a CMF.

Would be great to hear some opinions ;)

Sefyu

Postby tricsli » 2012 Nov 04, 16:36

This I think has been the main starting XI for Arsenal this season, playing a 4-2-3-1 formation. For their preffered XI, I imagine the returning Wilshere would take the LCM place and Sagna will replace Jenkinson. When they are fit, Gibbs will replace Santos and Szczesny will obviously come back in as first choice keeper.

tricsli

Postby Reverend » 2012 Nov 11, 13:21

I think it Wilshere must be starter:

Last edited by Reverend on 2012 Nov 20, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
Reverend

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2012 Nov 11, 19:20

its difficult to see andre santos as a starter, even if there is not gibbs, vermaelen will be playing as a LB and koscielny with mertesacker will stay as CBs. Also i think wenger will start using walcott again as a RWF or RMF. He needs walcott to expand his contract, and ramsey is not much of a help in the side.

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby MotherHen » 2012 Nov 11, 19:48

I do my starting line up as if everyone was fit. For Arsenal i have... 4-3-3

Szczesny
Sagna ... Mertesacker ... Vermaelen ... Gibbs
Arteta ... Wilshere ... Carzorla
Walcott ... Podolski ... Giroud

MotherHen

Postby Reverend » 2012 Nov 20, 14:41

Now Koscielny and Mannone are starting and Gibbs are injured.

GK: Vito MANNONE
CB: Per MERTESACKER
CB: Laurent KOSCIELNY / Thomas VERMAELEN
RB: Bacary SAGNA
LB: Thomas VERMAELEN © / Kieran GIBBS
DM: Mikel ARTETA
CM: Jack WILSHERE
RM/RWF: Theo WALCOTT
LM: Lukas PODOLSKI
AM: Santi CAZORLA
CF: Olivier GIROUD

Short Free Kick: ?
Long Free Kick: ARTETA
FK 2nd Taker: ?
Left Corner: ?
Right Corner: ?
Penalty Kick: PODOLSKI
Players to go up: MERTESACKER / VERMAELEN

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
Reverend

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2012 Nov 20, 18:12

thats more like it, but i think szczesny is back, so mannone is out for good

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby Z41N_787B » 2013 Apr 14, 22:15

This section hasn't been updated in a while so here is my suggestion as an Arsenal fan :) :

GK: Lukasz FABIANSKI
RCB: Laurent KOSCIELNY / Per MERTESACKER
LCB: Thomas VERMAELEN ©
RB: Bacary SAGNA
LB: Nacho MONREAL / Kieran GIBBS
DM: Mikel ARTETA
CM: Jack WILSHERE / Aaron RAMSEY
RMF/RWF: GERVINHO / Theo WALCOTT
LMF: Santi CAZORLA / Lukas PODOLSKI
AMF: Tomáš ROSICKÝ / Santi CAZORLA
CF: Olivier GIROUD

Short Free Kick: CAZORLA / ARTETA
Long Free Kick: ARTETA
FK 2nd Taker: ARTETA / CAZORLA
Left Corner: CAZORLA / WALCOTT
Right Corner: CAZORLA / WALCOTT
Penalty Kick: ARTETA / PODOLSKI
Players to go up: KOSCIELNY / VERMAELEN

This is more or less the lineup used by Arsenal in the past few games with Rosicky playing an integral role who I think will remain in the team until the rest of the reason.
If someone could take a screenshot of this lineup in the Game Plan section that would be great.

Z41N_787B

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2013 Apr 15, 02:19

i just want to add that the RCB first option is clearly mertesacker and the one who changes is LCB between verm/kosc, therefore mertesacker going up to corners even more than the others two. Also i've seen in some matches, when is needed near the end of the match, that mertesacker goes up a lot looking for aerial balls i guess, kinda similar to ranocchia at inter.
About ramsey, he plays almost always, as DM with arteta something more offensive, as a CM when wilshere is not there, and as RSM a lot this last matches. Also you could add Walcott as an alternative CF, has started some matches like that, or wenger take out giroud to put walcott.

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2013 Apr 23, 20:52

Well there is something really weird thats going on, and it is walcott taking every Short, long free kicks and corners when he plays. and i just wonder why in hell, having arteta and cazorla as experts, could it be that in trainings he is deadly for free kicks? and great accuracy for corners? or is just a way of wenger trying to maintain him in the team, so he give him that work, taking into account that he couldn't be captain. to be fair his shots had a nice speed as well as swerve, he just need to score from free kicks.

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby laura03 » 2013 Aug 04, 14:16

This formation should be updated now since there's a great chance that key players will be transfering here in some time this season.

laura03

Postby Ahmedk » 2013 Aug 05, 12:16

please add Serge GNABRY a player from arsenal reserve he showed quality
i thing wenger is preparing him for next season

Ahmedk

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2013 Sep 06, 04:17

wanna hear opinions if you want, about the formation wenger will use this season, and since they wont play in premier until the 14th, we can guess.
so for GK i still believe szcesny will be the first choice, as he has been doing great saves in the last matches, of course wenger will make viviano play to see how he adapt to EPL. i guess if szcesny fucks it up once, he will be benched a couple of matches, but the one who is fucked the most is fabianski, he will never play again.

as for CB it is clearly that, at least for me, the pair will be per and kos. sorry for verminator but he is just too incosistent and full of injuries. even sagna could play more than him. i hope he come back soon.

now the sidebacks... well the right side is really weak right now, jenkinson has a decent speed and power, but no really good- at attacking or defending. the good thing is that he is young. in the other hand we have sagna... we have sagna... fuck, sagna is better as a CB than as a RB right now. the left side has potential, while gibbs isnt really the best he adapts and links well in the side, and i still want to see monreal a little more, he has the potential to be a solid starter.

the midfield is the most interesting right now, i think cazorla will still be the main AM moving a lot, and ozil doing more of a side work or even as a SS using his speed and dribbling, but what about rosicky, one of the best so far, of the most dangerous with clearly ideas and going forward, really hard to say for me. Could wenger try 5 midfielders with giroud/podolski/sanogo only forward? two wide AMs? a DMF, a CM and a AM with his three hybrid- forwards as last years? to- me, only one thing is sure, cazorla and ramsey are the only ones who will be in the starting IX most of the time.

as for the forwards, well, my cards are to giroud and walcott only. idk what will happen with podolski. sanogo will not make arsenal to win any trophies, so wenger will not use him very much. bendtner is bendtner so not much to say. and chu young park, even if it hurts me to say, he wont play much again, i dont think wenger will use him if the last time never used him, and in celta de vigo didnt do much really (i think?).

Special mention to flamini, who will be the joker por arsenal, he can play better than sagna as a RB, or could do a nice work as a DMF or CMF. i want to think he will be important this season. hear me god of football.

so my bet:

-------Giroud-----------
---------------------walcott
ozil.......cazorla----------
-----wilshere-------------
---------------ramsey------
gibbs--------------jenkinson
-------kos----per-------------
---------zscesny------------

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby vinnie » 2013 Sep 06, 05:21

I gotta say, wilshere's positioning and awareness when it comes to defence is pretty undeveloped, and I think wilshere ramsey will have problems, real communication problems at times. i'd like to see arteta in there, and possibly wilshere will need to be benched to make way, as ramsey has seemed to be getting the hang of fulfilling his defensive work very nicely.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
vinnie

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal FC