Nicolae Dică

Moderator: Mod's

Nicolae Dică

Postby PMC » 2008 Dec 09, 12:40

Nicolae Dica is one of the great exports of Fc Arges when they produced a generation that involved Adrian Mutu and Rica Neaga. While Mutu was soon abroad to play on the highest levels in Europe, Dica stayed in Romania and became one of the classiest playmakers at Steaua Bucuresti. N.Dica was a consistent scorer and assist man and also became the keyplayer in attack when Steaua had great stints in Europe. He also got called up by the NT and really managed to compete with Mutu for a short period as they both constantly made the scoring sheet. Then something must've happened and I don't know what. His performances got worse and he suddenly stopped to deliver. He has always been known to be very slow which probably explains why he never had that many tempting offers from abroad but his decline began quickly and his move away to Calcio Catania wouldn't help his career either as his difficult attitude makes it hard for him to integrate into a team.

Last edited by PMC on 2010 Jun 22, 21:13, edited 8 times in total.
I'm against you
PMC

by »

Re: Nicolae DICA

Postby PMC » 2009 Jun 07, 17:03

i think he can be moved now

I'm against you
PMC

Postby Papanight » 2009 Jun 19, 12:03

Please move him to Ira

Papanight

Postby A-SK » 2009 Aug 04, 13:53

I actually think his agility should be higher. He doesn't run rings round people, but he turns well under pressure and can maintain the ball well as a result of his technique and low centre of gravity. It's his speed that lets him down. Not his turning speed. He always seems to dribble in a crouched position sort of like Messi. That just show his low centre of gravity. I actually think it should look something like this:
Balance: 76
Top Speed: 75
Acceleration: 73
Agility: 77
Dribble Speed: 74

I've simply raised his acceleration and his agility. I reckon his agility, combined with his technique is the only way he can maintain possession.

A-SK

Postby PMC » 2009 Aug 04, 14:25

it sounds like a fair suggestion... its true that he tries to hold back opponents with turns and such... he just plays footy at a level that would have been appreciated in the 70s I reckon. Anything else?

regarding speed... I must admit i haven't seen him for a while but I don't think that the average CB is any slower than him... but it could be a form issue too.

I'm against you
PMC

Postby A-SK » 2009 Aug 04, 16:28

I find some of the fidure rather baffling...
Forexmple:
Attack: How did this go from 83 to 81? If you're willing to drop his attack, atleast give him *Positioning as optional. He reminds me of Alex, but I'd probably rate Alex 1 point higher. 82 sounds good for Dica.
Stamina: I really don't think he deserves 82. His energy level is far too low for my liking. He often just sits and waits. I know this could be respresented with his mentality, but he just doesn't have the required energy of a professional footballer. I'd like to see this come down to about 80. He'd still be able to last minutes, but only at a slow tempo, just like the reall thing.
Response: I see no problem with 84. His reading of the game is truly amazing. He outshown everyone during steaua's time in the uefa cup. Very Alex esque.
Dribble Accuracy: In alot of ways, he's similar to Lampard. Not really technically gifted on the ball, but can treat the ball with delicacy. Should be on par with Lampard (IMO).
Passing: His ground and aerial passes are that identical? I doubt it. Even Spain's "real" playmaker (Xabi) is more gifted in the air rather than the ground. In terms of passing, I doubt any player on the planet is equally good on the floor as they are in the air. I'd suggest you sort that out. As for the speed....I really don't know what to tell you :? I don't know alot of good passers that can pass with precision, but without power. Inzaghi for example, is a good shooter, but struggles to get any real power behind his shots. Couldn't you raise his SPA and LPA to mid 70s? Sounds far enough to me.
Shot Power: I've seen this guy take a free outside the box, so why does he have such a poor figure? Just about every keeper on the planet would have sufficient reflexes and keeper skills to save his shots, but as we all know, not every keeper can. I know he doesn't striker the ball hard when he normally scores, but I'd be tempted to give him atleast 81. Atleast he'd have venom in his shots to score from about 20 something yards. We all know he's capable of it.
Free Kick Accuracy: I don't consider 80 a good enough value. His free kicks seem alot more threatening than the ones Alex takes. I reckon with the current value, combined with his SP, he'd struggle to get any real deal of power or precision behind his free kicks.
Aggression: His off ball movement is very good for a midfielder. His clever movement combined with his positioning, makes him very striker like. 82 sounds like a good value. He's be able to avoid the attention of the defenders with 82.

Hope that was a good read :D

A-SK

Postby PMC » 2009 Aug 04, 21:39

I'm stunned to see you compare him to Alex because these stats were done by me and a fellow Fener fan who happened to have a similar opinion of him. He also thought the same regarding Alex and Dica.... quite surprising.

Regarding positioning... the reason I dropped it was because I think that despite being a very intelligent player, he kinda decreased in this aspect... he didn't seem too involved in such actions and wasn't that noticable in his last year at Steaua to warrant being on the same level as the best romanian strikers such as Bucur and Danciulescu.

Stamina - despite being very slow, I've never encountered him being "tired" near the end... he always keeps his slow tempo and rarely got subbed out for Steaua at all. Quite on the contrary, he always was someone who was able to "run" for 90 minutes and traveled the whole pitch to receive balls from his colleagues.

Responce - I absolutely agree

DA - you think you've got a point here, agree!

Passing - His crosses remind me of lobs more than crosses actually... he never put real power into them but kept them very long in the air, a bid comparable to Ümit Özat but more precise if you know what i mean. His short passing also always had a very soft touch... its like he treats the ball like its made out of glass or something. He definately slowed the game down a wee bid when he was in possession. A slight raise could be reasonable though.

Shot Power: Yeah you're right... he can smack them in with power when he has to take a FK... i just focused more on his general shots that were generally more placed and lacked power.

What would you suggest for FKA? I used to consider Dica better in that aspect than Mutu or Chivu but it's not possible to put him in such high numbers i think.

Aggression... there's where i have my problem with him... yeah he's quite attack minded or atleast used to be but at the same time you can often find him everywhere except for inside the box! He only enters at very special moments and usually is quite lethal there... he doesn't frequent the attacking 3rd too much but when he gets in there he's dangerous. He's really someone who needs alot of liberties to blossom and I think this didn't work in his favor at Catania.

I really appreciate your effort

I'm against you
PMC

Postby A-SK » 2009 Aug 04, 23:20

Paul, i follow alot leagues, but i just can't be arsed to reply to every single thread on the database. Everyone assumes that i only follow the Turkish league alone, but that isn't the case. If you want my opinion, please just PM me ;)

A-SK

Postby PMC » 2009 Aug 05, 01:34

A-SK wrote:Paul, i follow alot leagues, but i just can't be arsed to reply to every single thread on the database. Everyone assumes that i only follow the Turkish league alone, but that isn't the case. If you want my opinion, please just PM me ;)

I never said that you only follow the TSL :lol:

I was only surprised to see that you are familiar with Dica who was basicly MIA for a season at Catania. Your suggestions were definately logical and reasonable ;)

I'm against you
PMC

Postby PMC » 2009 Aug 23, 18:33

I read he scored twice tonight... is there a way i can see the goals?

I'm against you
PMC

Postby stavrello7 » 2009 Aug 30, 20:04

you can see Dica's goals here

want a job at KONAMI.. seriously..

stavrello7

Postby Nrby » 2009 Aug 30, 20:40

not the best of quality ... you can find basically anything @ www.footytube.comwww.footytube.com

here's a better one :P

impressive free kick

Nrby

Postby PMC » 2009 Sep 10, 20:21

updated including Ali's suggestions

I'm against you
PMC

Postby stavrello7 » 2009 Sep 10, 20:30

want a job at KONAMI.. seriously..

stavrello7

Postby PMC » 2010 Jan 06, 22:25

he sort of disappeared already, right? :(

I'm against you
PMC

Postby PMC » 2010 Jan 11, 16:26

he's close to CFR Cluj

I'm against you
PMC

Postby Angel of Death » 2010 Jan 11, 17:14

He might go there since he was released from Iraklis today

VAMOS ARIS

Having some general ideas and will start creating some teams
Angel of Death

Postby PMC » 2010 Jan 11, 17:19

well then move him straight to CFR

I'm against you
PMC

Postby oops_sergiu » 2010 Jan 11, 21:00

Uuu signed with CFR:( another magnific move by Muresan X(

www.pesromania.ro
oops_sergiu

Postby PMC » 2010 Jan 11, 22:20

don't complain... He's probably the only played signed to a Serie A club who would join CFR according to Mandorlini :D

I'm against you
PMC

Postby 1one » 2010 Jan 16, 12:08

the only problem is that he didn't really "play" in serie A. he seems overrated , he is not the same dica that used to play for steaua, no wonder he gets kicked from a league to another...next stop China.

1one

PreviousNext

Return to Retired Players