Javier Mascherano

Moderators: Korinov, brazilianpesfan, Fixer, Mod's

Javier Mascherano

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 14:09

INFO:

Spoiler: show
Mascherano made his debut for Liverpool against Sheffield United on 24th February 2007 and was praised by the Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez and team captain Steven Gerrard after Liverpool's 4 - 0 victory. After playing in a match against Arsenal on 31 March, Benitez called Mascherano a "monster of a player." His first Champions League appearance came in the quarter-final first leg against PSV in Eindhoven on 3 April. Hastily establishing himself as a starter at the club, Mascherano played in the Champions League Final that year against AC Milan, which Liverpool lost 2-1. He was voted Liverpool's man of the match by the fans on the official Liverpool website.

In July 2007, Mascherano scored his first two goals for the senior Argentina's team during the Copa América 2007 and was widely selected as the best Argentine player in a squad full of stars.
by Fides

INFO:
Spoiler: show

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Oct 23, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Javier MASCHERANO

Postby Xyder » 2011 Jul 15, 13:52

Ok then, we keep it.

What about TS/ACC? IMO he's a bit better than Melo, who's actually on 83/82. The most reluctant show of his great speed and burst was the UCL game against Arsenal, when he saves the ball when Bedtner was facing Valdés

Xyder

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Jul 15, 17:00

jurgens wrote:
Mr. Evans wrote:No he doesn't and that's why I don't think he should have it. He plays a long ball to the wings sometimes, who doesn't btw, but not someone who likes playing long balls from deep behind the defence.

Pinpoint pass description doesn't say anything about passes behind the defense? It's nothing more than a behavior card, that makes player use long balls to distrubte more. Mascherano has always been a player who likes to make long passes when he sees the chance, and thats what the card will make him do. And though its not really his focus, hes put many a through ball over the defense to set alves through this year. Absolutly needs it.

It doesn't? My bad and my apologies then :oops:.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Jul 15, 18:54

Xyder wrote:Ok then, we keep it.

What about TS/ACC? IMO he's a bit better than Melo, who's actually on 83/82. The most reluctant show of his great speed and burst was the UCL game against Arsenal, when he saves the ball when Bedtner was facing Valdés

I'm with you mate. Always he was fast, I remember in River's times when was his first matches in 1st, he demonstrated his TS more than his ACC. He's very quick to coverings (he could demonstrate more in NT than in Barsa). He reaches an amazing TS in this cases.

Vickingo

Postby xeneize » 2011 Jul 15, 19:12

without doubts his TS better than his ACC, what values you think?

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, THERE WILL BE NOT ANOTHER LIKE YOU
xeneize

Postby Xyder » 2011 Jul 15, 19:37

If I don't remember bad, he was on TS 84 / ACC 83, or at least in my OF. Watching some other DMFs it looks fine and IG it's good, fast at the covering, specially when Alves go up.

Xyder

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Jul 15, 19:51

What about his Balance? He really isn't this strong. He's just very aggresive and commited in his challenges, pretty much always gives his all but his strength is nothing special. Nothing over a 82 if you ask me.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby xeneize » 2011 Jul 15, 20:11

to me with 83 could work fine his BAL, 82 looks a bit low to me

xeneize

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Jul 15, 20:12

Xyder wrote:If I don't remember bad, he was on TS 84 / ACC 83, or at least in my OF. Watching some other DMFs it looks fine and IG it's good, fast at the covering, specially when Alves go up.

I was thinking the same value my friend :)

Mr. Evans wrote:What about his Balance? He really isn't this strong. He's just very aggresive and commited in his challenges, pretty much always gives his all but his strength is nothing special. Nothing over a 82 if you ask me.

IMO yes. He has a very good "handling" and force in his body. Despite being not too much tall/heavy, his BB is really good. I don't agree with a decrease.

Vickingo

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Jul 15, 20:22

Well I disagree with the both of you then :mrgreen:. His strength doesn't compare to the likes Lass Diarra (172 cm/73 kg BB: 85) and Nigel de Jong (174 cm/72 kg BB: 85).

Mr. Evans

Postby BigStu » 2011 Jul 15, 21:16

Yes he isnt that strong, but the determination cannot be replicated without an inflated balance valur

BigStu

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Jul 16, 01:11

For that reason he isn't at the same level, is nice 84, or may be 83 will be better.

Vickingo

Postby Xyder » 2011 Jul 16, 09:51

So... BAL 83, TS 84, ACC 83?

About the past discussion on STA, I feel he's tireless, if in FCB he doesn't need to 'waste' so much energy it doesn't he hasn't the ability. I wouldn't touch it, but I like to hear more opinions about.

Xyder

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Jul 16, 10:11

BigStu wrote:Yes he isnt that strong, but the determination cannot be replicated without an inflated balance valur

True but we don't give divers and players who go down easily lower values than they deserve so that would be unfair to treat the Mascherano types differently.
But if I'm the only one who feels this way, I won't push the issue ;).

Mr. Evans

Postby Xyder » 2011 Jul 16, 10:26

Mr. Evans wrote:
BigStu wrote:Yes he isnt that strong, but the determination cannot be replicated without an inflated balance valur

True but we don't give divers and players who go down easily lower values than they deserve so that would be unfair to treat the Mascherano types differently.

I see fine a little decrease there, he steal balls more for being a tedious player than strong one.

Xyder

Postby čale » 2011 Jul 16, 11:34

cale1991 wrote:BB: i will put my vote here for a significant decrease here as i don't see him as a tough player at all, yes he is intimidating but he doesn't muscle players of the ball (thats his main weakness with his jumping if you ask me) he relies on his tackling and interceptions so it makes him look like he is tougher than someone else. Personally i would go for an 81.

Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
čale

Postby BigStu » 2011 Jul 17, 08:19

Mr. Evans wrote:

Treating divers like that would just make things unrealistic(because players would not be as capable as the real players can be), whereas as treating the determined players like this makes things quite realistic

BigStu

Postby xeneize » 2011 Aug 02, 00:07

Xyder wrote:So... BAL 83, TS 84, ACC 83?

so?, is going to be update in BAL/TS/ACC? :mrgreen:

and what about his STA/MENT?

xeneize

Postby ceps2111 » 2011 Sep 01, 05:22

i dont know if im breaking the rules by asking the next question or if it has been discussed before...

what does it need to get mascherano as a Center Back? i know he keeps playing as a DMF in the national team but he plays every week as a Center Back, so i hope anyone can tell me if he's gonna get the CB as his registered position or he'll continue as a DMF, thanks :)

ceps2111

Postby Xyder » 2011 Sep 01, 16:46

In FCb he played more in the DMF position than CB, but due to the injuries and sanctions, he plays as CB with more regularity in the last matches (this actual season and the past one).

Xyder

Postby jurgens » 2011 Sep 25, 14:48

There was a suggestion here months back about a raise to his ST, of course at the time it was based off little. But over the last year for barca and argentina.. we've seen him take a lot of pretty decent shots, hard shots. Not suggesting much of a raise but a 72 ST would be a good change imo. Hes able to make pretty consistent good connections on long range drives.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

PreviousNext

Return to FC Barcelona