Pedro Rodríguez

Moderators: JuLiTo, brazilianpesfan, Korinov, Fixer, Xyder, Mod's

Pedro Rodríguez

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:58

EXPLANATIONS (outdated):
Spoiler: show
ATT & AGG:
Pedro has a quite good positional sense, knows well where/when/how to stand/run/dribble/shot. One point ATT above Bojan & Mata. In addition,he deadly rushes toward to the goal waiting for his chance to score. One point AGG above Mata,one below Agüero and the same as Di Mara or Perotti.

DEF& MENT:
Guardiola assigns him some defensive duties, and he does them perfectly. When defends, Pedro sticks to the oponent forcing him to lose the ball. I remember how he pissed off Eto'o in the CL semi-final. Moreover, he ends to drops back to help the backline and get the ball back. Two points above Messi in Defence and the same as him in MENT.

ACC & DS:
It's one of his best qualities as a striker. He makes nice bursts that enables him to proceeds on the ball and breaks the offside traps,one point below Higuain. Furthermore,he doesn't lose much speed when dribbles.

Shooting:
First of all we're talking about a young striker who scored 23 goals last seasons. One of Pedro's brands is his strong, long-distant shots that keepers can't predict or reach. The same thing inside the box, he places his shots with a quite good accuracy. I'd say one point SA higher than Bojan.
He "usually" puts his shots calmly, and doesn't lose much of his precision under pressure. I don't think Pato is superior to him in ST.

DA & TEC-*tactical dribbling:
Pedro has a great control on the ball keeping it glowed to his feet. One point below the likes of Simao, Guardado, Rossi & Villa. Or maybe on par with them? needs more discussion.
Beside that, his first touches and trapping are world-class. He directs the ball quite well from one touch and performs magical volleys in an amazing manner. Could be on the same level as Reyes or Navas.
I added *tactical dribbling because he not only escapes from his markers using his speed, but he likes to face defenders, using his pure skills to mock them & keep possession.

CLASSIC SET(S): 2009-2011

Last edited by Oswaldo on 2010 Oct 06, 14:48, edited 14 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: PEDRO Rodríguez

Postby JMVP » 2011 Feb 01, 22:01

tasmin wrote:he scores just behind 1 or 2 opposition defenders most of the time(that's why he has middle shooting)

That has nothing to do with middle shooting. Maybe you didn't express well, in any case middle shooting is simply the enhanced ability to score long range shots with extra power and accuracy.

tasmin wrote:or go for aggressive runs through the free space which is mainly his goal poacher + line characteristics

That's *reaction/maraunding. Goal Poacher is for the ones who stand on the last line always ready to react to a rebound, a through pass, a cutback pass, etc. It doesn't give the player any special ability, it just defines his style of play and the positions he assumes in the field. One decisive difference between those 2 is that reaction is very useful for midfielder to appear from the back as a surprise element, while the goal poacher is at the front (that last line i was talking about) and usually he's being marked. The Goal Poacher card does not make the players go on runs behind the defence.
Regarding this set in particular, i think Pedro deserves Goal Poacher just as much as any other Barça player, which means he doesn't.

Lines is simply the ability that makes the players time their runs perfectly, avoiding the offside trap. In previous PES versions it also gave the players the ability to burst with the ball when they started the run from the offside line. The players with *lines were able to perform a special tap ahead movement that was very efficient.

tasmin wrote:for me a player without *positioning can't get 1-1scoring

Why? Don't get it. I would still disagree, but it would make more sense if you had mentioned *lines or *reaction and not * positioning. Positioning is given to players who pick the best positions to receive crosses and other types of passes that generate scoring chances, but many of the players that regularly find them selves on 1-on-1 situations don't deserve positioning.

Hope i cleared some of your miss conceptions Tasmin.

JMVP

Postby tasmin » 2011 Feb 02, 13:54

JMVP wrote:
tasmin wrote:he scores just behind 1 or 2 opposition defenders most of the time(that's why he has middle shooting)

That has nothing to do with middle shooting. Maybe you didn't express well, in any case middle shooting is simply the enhanced ability to score long range shots with extra power and accuracy.

tasmin wrote:or go for aggressive runs through the free space which is mainly his goal poacher + line characteristics

That's *reaction/maraunding. Goal Poacher is for the ones who stand on the last line always ready to react to a rebound, a through pass, a cutback pass, etc. It doesn't give the player any special ability, it just defines his style of play and the positions he assumes in the field. One decisive difference between those 2 is that reaction is very useful for midfielder to appear from the back as a surprise element, while the goal poacher is at the front (that last line i was talking about) and usually he's being marked. The Goal Poacher card does not make the players go on runs behind the defence.
Regarding this set in particular, i think Pedro deserves Goal Poacher just as much as any other Barça player, which means he doesn't.

Lines is simply the ability that makes the players time their runs perfectly, avoiding the offside trap. In previous PES versions it also gave the players the ability to burst with the ball when they started the run from the offside line. The players with *lines were able to perform a special tap ahead movement that was very efficient.

tasmin wrote:for me a player without *positioning can't get 1-1scoring

Why? Don't get it. I would still disagree, but it would make more sense if you had mentioned *lines or *reaction and not * positioning. Positioning is given to players who pick the best positions to receive crosses and other types of passes that generate scoring chances, but many of the players that regularly find them selves on 1-on-1 situations don't deserve positioning.

Hope i cleared some of your miss conceptions Tasmin.

thanks for your explanation :) ! but i have something to say :
point 1.about middle-shooting :
-from the explanation mentioned here at PES about the special abilities i know middle-shooting is expressed as long ranger shots but from my view and definition i think for long ranger shots card long ranger is the one .
but in my view middle-shooting is the one which is the type of long rangers players are available to shoot from crowded situation or between 2 or 3 opposite defenders rather than clean long rangers .that's why i said that ! because pedro is not great in clean long ranger like forlan but he is very good in shooting between 2 or 3 opposite players or pressure situation or from crowded position !
point 2.about aggressive run :
-yes,that was my fault i couldn't explain it properly but though i knew it. but thanks for indicating my mistake !
point 3.about 1-1 finish :
-again mistake from me ! it should be *positioning is one of the elements ( but most minor) with the major ones reaction or lines for 1-1 situation !

vamos arriba la celeste !
tasmin

Postby JIN726 » 2011 Feb 14, 10:24

I Think 1 on 1 finish is Must.His 1 on 1 is even better than Messi.I rarely saw his miss that.And his SA is no doubt low.I think 82 fits him.And I don't think he deserves Goal Poacher. Goal Poacher is for strikers like Inzaghi.PEDRO is not such striker.

JIN726

Postby Sharp Eyes » 2011 Feb 23, 09:17

IMO he needs an increase in stamina he never stop for the 90 min i suggest +3 --> 86 more than messi by 1

Barca4ever
Sharp Eyes

Postby Fixer » 2011 Feb 23, 10:36

Not sure about 86 but trully a bit more, yeah. His work rate is fairly high and he can do many things throughout the match. Surely a BIT more than 83+80

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby bssm » 2011 Feb 27, 21:04

Great goal yesterday, he has turned into a really good finisher, no way his SA is worse then Ronaldo(81) or only one point more then Adebayor. Not that its something to go by and i don't think its really true but Guardiola says he is the best finisher in training outside of Messi.

bssm

Postby JIN726 » 2011 Mar 23, 14:19

PEDRO is a great both-feet player.But I think his major foot is left foot.

JIN726

Postby Fixer » 2011 Mar 23, 14:21

Edit: Wait a second...I think you're right.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby JIN726 » 2011 Mar 23, 14:25

I make another suggestion.I think PEDRO's 1-1 finish is great.His 1-1 is alomst not worse than messi.You can see his match.
And SA 80 is too low.82 is fit.

Last edited by JIN726 on 2011 Mar 23, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
JIN726

Postby Fixer » 2011 Mar 23, 14:29

The problem Is that he plays on the right side, and that may lead to confusion. But not sure where but I've read somewhere that he's naturally left footed. Maybe someone else has info about this.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby JIN726 » 2011 Mar 23, 14:34

I edited my reply.

I think he is left-foot.You can keep looking on him.I have seen Pedro for 2 years with each game.I'm sure of my suggestion :SA 82 and 1 on 1 finish.

JIN726

Postby JMVP » 2011 Mar 23, 16:00

I also think his main foot is the left one, look how he runs with the ball. I also agree with a raise in SA, 83 maybe?

JMVP

Postby Fixer » 2011 Mar 23, 16:03

Yup I'd rather go to 83 rather than 82. Can't be below Higuaín, really. Sometimes he even looks better.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby JMVP » 2011 Mar 23, 16:08

Attack and response could also go up a couple points, his overall movement off the ball is great. And does he really deserve scissor skills? I don't think so.
Goal poacher could be deleted too, and instead we could add *reaction/maraunding.

JMVP

Postby JIN726 » 2011 Mar 24, 04:04

haha,82 SA at least ,in fact I also think he's 83 but 80-83 the difference seem to be big so I suggested 82 :lol:
Also agree with remove Goal Poacher. And Acc 89 is a bit over.87-88 imo

JIN726

Postby bssm » 2011 Mar 26, 02:46

Agree with a shot raise, he is a fantastic finisher and deserves 83 though i think his shot power is too high. He can hit them with a good amount of power but he doesn't do it that often, most of his finishes are inside the box or the ones outside have such good placement that they don't need a lot of power, exactly like Messi.

I wouldn't put him on the same level as Rossi(84)

I think his shooting should be something like this.

83 SA
83 SP
84 ST

1 v 1 Finish

JMVP wrote:Attack and response could also go up a couple points, his overall movement off the ball is great. And does he really deserve scissor skills? I don't think so.
Goal poacher could be deleted too, and instead we could add *reaction/maraunding.

Agree with all of this his movement off the ball and just general attacking play is way above the likes of an 81. 81 put him on Arshavin's level who he is quite a bit better then, i don't think he is too close from Aguero(84).

bssm

Postby Fixer » 2011 Mar 26, 10:58

Okay so It's between 82-83. More opinions? Then I'll get this updated.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Fiddy » 2011 Mar 26, 11:06

Yeah, seems fine by me, a 83/83/84 combination could work well ;)

Fiddy

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Mar 26, 13:55

I agree with SA 83 and his ATT and RES coming up but I don't agree with lowering his SP. He has some fire in his shots and you wouldn't be able to emulate that in-game with a 83. A few examples:

Look at the goal he made from 1:04 going.
Definitely worth a 84.

Then look at the goal after that.
That shot wasn't that hard but the amount of power he generates from a standing point is something that would require at least an 84 in-game but probably even more.

Then look at the goal from 1:48 going.
Also without a doubt worth at least a 84.

Then look at the goal he made from 2:28 going.
Look at how he had to turn his body but still generates a lot of power, sending it straight in the top corner. Again, worth at least a 84.

He deserves a 84 without a doubt and should definitely sit at least one point above Messi.

About ATT and RES, I was thinking a two point raise in both stats? His RES is for sure a 84.

I also agree with JMVP to remove Goal-Poacher and I also don't think he does the 'Incisive Run' enough, as in cutting in and going for a shot on goal, to warrant the card.
I also don't like the Darting Run card on him, it makes him go on (pure 'speed-based runs') runs too much. If he was a 'Trickster' or 'Mazy Runner' (or even a 'Cut-Back Passer', although i'm not sure on that combination with the Darting Run card), it would limit the runs he would go on in-game but since he doesn't deserve either of those cards, it makes him go on runs too much. But I'm not sure,maybe they fixed it in PES 2011.

Also think his TS and DS both deserve a one point raise. He is faster (TS) than Messi and I've had him on DS: 89 for so long and I think he deserves it.
His Ment deserves a raise too, his should be the highest of Barca's front three. The same goes for his STA.

And I would wait on changing his 'Foot'. I for one am not fully convinced he's left-footed but it's a though one though. He uses both feet so often and naturally. But you would think that if he was left-footed he would cut in a lot more playing from the right..

Last edited by Mr. Evans on 2011 Mar 26, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Phil » 2011 Mar 26, 14:18

I thought I was the only one who thought he was underrated a bit in speed, there were suggestions to even decrease it not long ago. I actually think he could even get 88 in TS, he is very fast on the straights and is the fastest player of the Barca front 3 imo. I remember him once this season were a player had about a 10 yard advantage yet Pedro still destroyed him in the end, very fast player. I see him being faster than the likes of Nani and A. Young too but 87 wouldn't be that bad a number either.

A MEN & STA raise are certainly long deserved, he absolutely hounds players down at times and imo is the most hardworking player at Barca behind Puyol and maybe Alves. I've been playing him with 85 - MEN & 86 - STA for a while now and it seems to work fine. He is a superb athlete and fighter and kinda reminds me of Antonio Valencia in this sense.

His attacking intellegence and goal scoring ability has been consistantly very good for the last 2 years so it's hard to disagree to the proposed raises in response, shooting and attacking. What do people think of agility also ? He's a very, very agile player and even though he weighs so little I think this could possibly be raised a touch too.

Phil

PreviousNext

Return to FC Barcelona