Lionel Messi

Moderators: brazilianpesfan, Fixer, Korinov, Mod's

Lionel Messi

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:56

READ BEFORE POSTING ON THIS THREAD

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show

CLASSIC SET(S): 2010-2011 & 2009-2010 & 2005-2006

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Jun 07, 00:41, edited 14 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Leo MESSI

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 29, 11:43

Since Messi's TS was updated, rised from 86 to 88. Without any discussion and comparation (Messi was wrong rated over benzema or aguero for example), the speed ladder doesn't look fair to me, the gaps between players are wrong imo, i think that is should be something like that:

92: Arjen ROBBEN

91: KAKÁ

90: Cristiano RONALDO

89: PATO

88: Sergio AGÃœERO

87: Leo MESSI

If we keep messi at 88 then all the players over messi should be rised 1 point wich is not fair (well not aguero and robben cause both were rised because of fair comparation with messi). We are having troubles to rate speed of those player cause messi is a bit overrated imo, but with a rise of Messi's DS of 1 point to keep his speed with the ball, and making him imo more real cause he doesn't even loose speed while running. Think that messi is a bit slower tha aguero, aguero a bit slower than pato, pato slower than ronaldo, etc... So my suggestions are:

TS: 87 (-1)
DS: 97 (+1)

Ulises

Postby manutd » 2008 Dec 29, 11:52

Ulises wrote:Since Messi's TS was updated, rised from 86 to 88. Without any discussion and comparation (Messi was wrong rated over benzema or aguero for example), the speed ladder doesn't look fair to me, the gaps between players are wrong imo, i think that is should be something like that:

If we keep messi at 88 then all the players over messi should be rised 1 point wich is not fair (well not aguero and robben cause both were rised because of fair comparation with messi). We are having troubles to rate speed of those player cause messi is a bit overrated imo, but with a rise of Messi's DS of 1 point to keep his speed with the ball, and making him imo more real cause he doesn't even loose speed while running. Think that messi is a bit slower tha aguero, aguero a bit slower than pato, pato slower than ronaldo, etc... So my suggestions are:

I disagree
I think his TS shouldnt be that low (5 points behind walcot)

manutd

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 29, 12:03

You are confusing Agility with top speed like many people here, Sergio Ramos (TS: 84), Drenthe (TS: 85) cathed him by speed every he get passed for example. Even in his great goal against getafe, some defenders catched him again after he get dribbled. All this i am telling you could be cheked in youtube.

Ulises

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2008 Dec 29, 12:13

But you have to take into account that he doesn't beat his opponents by pure sprinting, he beats them with his mazy dribbles and amazing agility

TheTrueSeto

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 29, 12:23

TheTrueSeto wrote:But you have to take into account that he doesn't beat his opponents by pure sprinting, he beats them with his mazy dribbles and amazing agility

Absolutly true, that's what i try to reflect in his stats, walcott or robben does but not messi. And imo the ladder i posted reflect this, and is fair in the gaps.

Ulises

Postby AvatarST » 2008 Dec 29, 13:50

Injury tolerance should perhaps go back to B? Looks like last season's injury woes were down to Rijkaard's fitness coaching rather than his own injury proneness.

Postby ravlee » 2008 Dec 29, 14:14

i think it should be B anyways - i mean i think that u also gotta consider the amount of fouls he receives - there are a lot players who have B, but they get fouled like 1 time in 5 matches - but messi gets fouled 10 times per match - and still isn't injured EVERY time

ravlee

Postby Tavo » 2008 Dec 29, 14:23

Hmmmm... but every Barça fan is always afraid he's gonna have those 1/2 month long injury he does have every season. Maybe....condition could go down and have B as IP, so he won't get injured after the second foul he gets in that match but when he gets injured (in a league...it wouldn't matter in a friendly) he'll be injured for some time....right?

Tavo

Postby pedala robinho » 2008 Dec 29, 17:45

Ulises wrote:TS: 87 (-1)

Agree. Nothing more to say. And agree with the ladders you suggested too.

pedala robinho

Postby Aureliano Buendía » 2008 Dec 29, 20:35

As I said when we were debating the TS update I agree too with 87 and increasing his DS, but mates, the 88 won, so we have to accept it.

Aureliano Buendía

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 29, 21:43

Aureliano Buendía wrote:As I said when we were debating the TS update I agree too with 87 and increasing his DS, but mates, the 88 won, so we have to accept it.

You are wrong!! none value won, cause this was updated without any discussion, with less than 5 agrees, and only with the opinion of some (i am sorry about this) noobs, and just in 1 hour.

But what is the problem to discuss about stats here?¿ Couldn't we change the stats?¿ Are the stats fixed forever and ever.

Ulises

Postby pedala robinho » 2008 Dec 29, 22:47

Sorry, but you guys have only one argument always about his Top Speed: "His TS can't be 5 points behind Walcott". So,

1. Is he faster than Benzema? I'm totally surely NO! So, Benzema deserves 89 in Top Speed, to be faster than Messi? Again, NO!
2. Is he faster than Ashley Cole? NO!
3. Is he as fast as Henry? NO!
4. Is he as fast as Abidal? NO!
5. Is he as fast as Fernando Torres? NO!
6. Is he as fast as Kolo Touré? NO!

Please guys, open your eyes! Messi is one of the best, if not the best player in the world. But he isn't that fast IMO! He's the most Agile player in the world, one of the best Acceleration, the better Dribbler, and the best DS in the world. What more you want?

If you can't see Messi 5 point behind Walcott, so why not decrease one point of Walcott and one for Messi? I can live with this, and is IMO more reasonable than give 88 for Messi TS.

pedala robinho

Postby Dino » 2008 Dec 30, 01:10

Ulises wrote:You are wrong!! none value won, cause this was updated without any discussion, with less than 5 agrees, and only with the opinion of some (i am sorry about this) noobs, and just in 1 hour.

Are you calling GoonerLover, Mr RVN, S-J23, Markulur & as_10 noobs?

Dino

Postby HitMan » 2008 Dec 30, 08:45

pedala robinho wrote:Sorry, but you guys have only one argument always about his Top Speed: "His TS can't be 5 points behind Walcott". So,

1. Is he faster than Benzema? I'm totally surely NO! So, Benzema deserves 89 in Top Speed, to be faster than Messi? Again, NO!

Please guys, open your eyes! Messi is one of the best, if not the best player in the world. But he isn't that fast IMO! He's the most Agile player in the world, one of the best Acceleration, the better Dribbler, and the best DS in the world. What more you want?

If you can't see Messi 5 point behind Walcott, so why not decrease one point of Walcott and one for Messi? I can live with this, and is IMO more reasonable than give 88 for Messi TS.

agree with messi TS 87 good arguments by pedala

messi is just explosive ACC and DS, but surely not his TS!

The old guard making room for the NEW guard...FORZA GIOVINCO

non football related: www.zeitgeisttrailer.com and WATCH ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM

visit: www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

and most importantly visit: www.thevenusproject.com
HitMan

Postby Giff » 2008 Dec 30, 09:18

The FK acc. is a little bit low. I mean he have been taking free kicks when the needed someone who were lf. He have also scored some.

I dont think he should have big increase but at least +3 or +2. Just now does he have the same FK acc. as Sergio Garcia and I dont think they are equals on that area.

74 or 75 should be more correct

Since he are a regular penalty taker for the team, shouldnt he have penalties as a speialabilty too?

Giff

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 30, 13:38

Pazza Interista wrote:
Ulises wrote:You are wrong!! none value won, cause this was updated without any discussion, with less than 5 agrees, and only with the opinion of some (i am sorry about this) noobs, and just in 1 hour.

Are you calling GoonerLover, Mr RVN, S-J23, Markulur & as_10 noobs?

I didn't see them agreeing with TS. At least not before it was raised....

Ulises

Postby as_10 » 2008 Dec 30, 13:46

Giff wrote:Since he are a regular penalty taker for the team, shouldnt he have penalties as a speialabilty too?

no, its true that hes the official PK taker(together with eto'o), but he has missed two in 1 year

S-J23 started all the changes in the speed ladder, me and Mark agreed, Mr RvN also made some suggestions about his speed, and Gonnie said something too, its all in the old forum ;)

I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
as_10

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 30, 14:05

as_10 wrote:
Giff wrote:Since he are a regular penalty taker for the team, shouldnt he have penalties as a speialabilty too?

no, its true that hes the official PK taker(together with eto'o), but he has missed two in 1 year

S-J23 started all the changes in the speed ladder, me and Mark agreed, Mr RvN also made some suggestions about his speed, and Gonnie said something too, its all in the old forum ;)

Only S-J23 who started the discussion, when you and mark agreed it was alredy updated. Anyway do you think he should be over benzema torres or aguero?¿

Ulises

Postby Giff » 2008 Dec 30, 14:35

There must be reason why tkae penalties for Barca. I mean either does he deserve penalties as a special abilty or a an increase in accrucy. But does the shot technique and mentality affect a penalty?

Giff

Postby Ulises » 2008 Dec 30, 17:36

SUGESTIONS:

DS: 97 (+1) (too keep THE SAME his speed with the ball)

(3 agrees, pedala robinho, hitman, ulises)

I know it wouldn't be lowered anyway but at least leave people logical arguments...

Ulises

PreviousNext

Return to FC Barcelona