Hélder Postiga

Moderators: Korinov, brazilianpesfan, Fixer, Mod's

Hélder Postiga

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 14:05

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Hélder POSTIGA

Postby RB7 » 2008 Dec 15, 19:11

He has some moves that could easily get him the *Lines star like that goal vs Estrela da Amadora..
But I'm not sure about him deserving it yet.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby element » 2008 Dec 16, 00:52

Maybe, because of the low agression that shouldnt be a problem

element

Postby RB7 » 2008 Dec 16, 14:07

element wrote:Maybe, because of the low agression that shouldnt be a problem

Yeah but I'm not sure yet. He sure is very wise in his movement but let's not make him too good.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby RB7 » 2009 Jan 06, 15:03

*Lines should be optional, what do you think?

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby Viriato » 2009 Jan 06, 19:20

Yes, I do believe he's given the occasional flash of *Lines. Optional sounds fine to me.

Viriato

Postby RB7 » 2009 Jan 06, 21:24

Viriato wrote:Yes, I do believe he's given the occasional flash of *Lines. Optional sounds fine to me.

Updated then ;)

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby RB7 » 2009 Jan 12, 11:54

I think his SPA could be green.. any thoughts on that?

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby element » 2009 Jan 18, 19:01

''Hélder Manuel Marques Postiga, the son of a fisherman, has had a rollercoaster start to his career. After appearing set to fulfil his considerable potential early on, he faded away into football obscurity before regaining his form in spectacular fashion to become the potent striking threat that many have always believed he could be.

Postiga’s potential was spotted at a young age by FC Porto, and at just 18 the striker’s combination of explosive power and exquisite technique earned him his first appearances in FC Porto’s senior squad under the tutelage of Fernando Santos. The following year, under new coach Octavio Machado, Postiga cemented his place in the squad.

Postiga’s full season debut proved to be fruitful as the striker bagged 9 goals in 27 appearances.

Dream season

His second year was even more productive. Jose Mourinho had taken the helm and Postiga scored 13 goals in 31 games, winning every title FC Porto competed in to lift the Portuguese Championship, Portuguese Cup and UEFA Cup.

His prowess around the net earned him a summer transfer to Premiership club Tottenham Hotspur in 2003. However, in England Postiga’s fortunes went into decline. He never adapted to English football and only scored 1 goal in 19 appearances, as his former team-mates at Porto were lifting the Champions League crown.

Postiga was sold back to FC Porto the following summer, but he continued to struggle with form and lack of confidence. In one and a half seasons following his return, Postiga only managed 3 goals in 26 appearances.

With his dip in form FC Porto loaned out Postiga to French outfit, St. Etienne, where he made a reasonably good impression, featuring in 8 games and finding the net three times. Despite an appearance at the World Cup, Postiga found himself in football limbo as Porto’s Dutch coach, Co Adriaanse, had no place for the striker in his squad.

But the shock resignation of Adriaanse and subsequent appointment of experienced coach Jesualdo Ferreira in the summer of 2006 signalled a remarkable turnaround in Postiga’s fortunes. Ferreira immediately welcomed Postiga back into the FC Porto fold.

At 24 years of age, Postiga’s new lease of life is proving to be his most productive spell thus far. Up until the winter break, Postiga hit a scoring streak that shot him to the top of the Portuguese Bwin Liga goal charts, with 9 strikes in 13 appearances, as well as finding the net in the Champions League.

International career

Helder Postiga has his whole career ahead of him, yet in his see-saw career to date he has already managed to earn 27 international caps with the Portugal senior team and has a healthy return of 9 goals to his name.

His most famous goal to date was in the Euro 2004 quarter-final match against England. With the English one goal up and looking a good bet to advance to the semis, Postiga came on as a substitute and pulled Portugal level just before full-time. He then converted his spot-kick in cheeky fashion as the hosts won the penalty shoot out.

Postiga was a member of the Portugal squad that finished fourth in the 2006 World Cup, and following the retirement of Pedro Pauleta will feel confident of securing a regular starting berth in the national team.''

element

Postby brazilianpesfan » 2009 Aug 14, 14:55

Stamina 79?He can't resist a full match?I think 80 is fine (:

brazilianpesfan

Postby da_ni » 2009 Aug 14, 15:06

RB7 wrote:I think his SPA could be green.. any thoughts on that?

i could agree with that...he can make good passes... even in his porto days, Co Adriense tried him in AMF, behind 2 FWs, trying to take advantage of his criativity...but in sporting that role was filled by djaló at times...

"My heart only has one colour: Blue and White!!
João D. Pinto
da_ni

Postby RB7 » 2009 Aug 15, 13:09

Updated slightly on Stamina, Short Passing and Condition.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby RB7 » 2009 Aug 19, 10:58

His mentality improved a lot, he's been fighting hard for every single ball and running constantly.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby Viriato » 2009 Aug 19, 14:11

I was just going to post that yesterday, as he's shown great effort and willingness to engage the game ever since pre-season started. Deserves 80 Mentality, imo.

Viriato

Postby Viriato » 2010 Sep 30, 17:53

I stand corrected: maybe just 79 for Mentality, but an increase to 80 in Teamwork; he's much more of a team player now, and quite reliable at that. Also, add SS to his positions, as he's been deployed behind the strikers to good effect.

Viriato

Postby jorgeaugustogil » 2010 Oct 23, 21:41

Viriato wrote:I stand corrected: maybe just 79 for Mentality, but an increase to 80 in Teamwork; he's much more of a team player now, and quite reliable at that. Also, add SS to his positions, as he's been deployed behind the strikers to good effect.

About mentality 80 suits better imo, according to the ladder at 79 we find players like Cesar Peixoto and Orlando Sa. The will Postiga's showing this season put him at a level above this two guys.

The Teamwork issue and SS position seems fine.

One thing I notice is that Postiga is trying many long range shoots. His pulling that very well and with a lot of power. He doesn't ask for permission to try that anytime he gets a space.

I suggest:
SP:84
P13 - Long Ranger

jorgeaugustogil

Postby Viriato » 2010 Oct 24, 15:05

Sounds reasonable.

Viriato

Postby RB7 » 2010 Oct 25, 16:35

Actually I don't really see him as a Long Ranger. He's not the guy to shoot a lot from distance very often but he does it when its less expectable 'cause he's smart. If he was a wingman I'd easily give him Incisive Run but I don't think Long Ranger is his thing just yet. We don't want him to shoot out of nowhere instead of providing good passing like he does most of the times.
My view on this subject would be a boost on Aggression and Teamwork so that he can shoot more often but won't stop helping up his team.
I agree on the mentality thought and I think it could go up even more than 80. If you take Kevin Davies from Bolton as an example he's got a huge number but moves a lot less than Postiga and he has such a number because he's decisive and keeps scoring in the last minutes. Well, how many times as Postiga been decisive lately? How many times is he still pushing defenders in the last minutes and having post hits?
Be free to reply guys , we'll be working on many updates now.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby jorgeaugustogil » 2010 Oct 25, 20:24

RB7 wrote:Actually I don't really see him as a Long Ranger. He's not the guy to shoot a lot from distance very often but he does it when its less expectable 'cause he's smart. If he was a wingman I'd easily give him Incisive Run but I don't think Long Ranger is his thing just yet. We don't want him to shoot out of nowhere instead of providing good passing like he does most of the times.
My view on this subject would be a boost on Aggression and Teamwork so that he can shoot more often but won't stop helping up his team.
I agree on the mentality thought and I think it could go up even more than 80. If you take Kevin Davies from Bolton as an example he's got a huge number but moves a lot less than Postiga and he has such a number because he's decisive and keeps scoring in the last minutes. Well, how many times as Postiga been decisive lately? How many times is he still pushing defenders in the last minutes and having post hits?
Be free to reply guys , we'll be working on many updates now.

Good points!!!
He shoots from distance many times but provides good passing even more, but still think a 84 for SP would be better.
About mentality, when you put the issue like that, no one who've seen recent Sporting's games would be against a higher value.

You got me again, but I'll keep try'in :P :P

jorgeaugustogil

Postby JMVP » 2011 Jan 04, 00:09

SA 80 + *1-1 Scoring? C'mon, he is far from deadly in front of the keeper and the placement is, by far,the worst thing about his shooting. You could consider middle shooting with the way he has been shooting...

His LP could be boosted, especially LPS. He is better than most fowards in his passing,and just today he delivered another perfect cross that Liedson manged to convert.

JMVP

Next

Return to Deportivo de La Coruña