Radamel Falcao

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Radamel Falcao

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 12, 22:09

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Radamel FALCAO García

Postby p1rha » 2010 Jan 19, 14:47

danielfrancog wrote:how much does this guy have to do to get what he deserves in header WHAT a GOAL against pacos ferreira

Daniel u want to raise his header and u show us a video of a goal were he just heads it in the direction he's running?! :roll:

He doesn't try to place the ball at all, he just puts it in the middle. He has been prolific with his head but imo his heading numbers are fine, he's goals highlight more his poaching abilities than his natural heading ability.

p1rha

Postby danielfrancog » 2010 Jan 19, 15:09

[youtube]http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1103279&page=36[/youtube]

1:17.......1:29......237

no if i sugest this is because ive seen his ability for years and there is no way in hell taking into account his high and weight that hell be able to score headers like he has and if ur suggesting that that goal doesnt take a great deal of technique to score just shows that ur ether a hater or u know nothing about football (no offense) the video above shows 3 great examples of technique and header abilities and ill look around for some of his goals in river but those arent easy to find

danielfrancog

Postby p1rha » 2010 Jan 19, 23:05

danielfrancog wrote:[youtube]http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1103279&page=36[/youtube]

1:17.......1:29......237

no if i sugest this is because ive seen his ability for years and there is no way in hell taking into account his high and weight that hell be able to score headers like he has and if ur suggesting that that goal doesnt take a great deal of technique to score just shows that ur ether a hater or u know nothing about football (no offense) the video above shows 3 great examples of technique and header abilities and ill look around for some of his goals in river but those arent easy to find

1. i'm not sugesting anything. I'm saying it loud and clear: that goal doesn't take a great deal of technique to score!

2. If u folow the portuguese league threads here u'd know i'm not a hater towards any specific player/club, other members can tell u that. If i know nothing about football... well i'll let that for others to judge.

3.There's no video :? Ur either a hater or u know nothing about posting videos (no offense) :roll:

4. Being serious now :P Falcão is very good with his head, his diving headers are great u just miss it completly by showing that video were he scores the kind of goal any player can. U really left me wondering what's so special about that goal that makes u think he can't do that often enough with his current numbers. If anything the goal against Paços might call for higher jump, and that is that.

p1rha

Postby da_ni » 2010 Jan 20, 10:00

and with these stats he's alreaady one of the best headers in the PL...there's only a hand full of people with Heading higher than his...his heading is fine the way it is..we're already abble to score most of the chances he gets in the penalty area, but well miss some to, as he also does (against Paços he sent one inches wide :evil: when he hadd the time in the world to score)

"My heart only has one colour: Blue and White!!
João D. Pinto
da_ni

Postby JMVP » 2010 Mar 31, 18:31

I think what could be raised it's his jump, he really has a perfect timing in his jumps and has very good impulsion too. I remember one of the first goals he scored for Porto, were he jumps so high his body ends in an almost horizontal position in mid air. His response could also be higher, he is a bit Liedson-like in terms of reactions.

And what about his DA? I don't remember seing him dribling past anyone, his defenetly not an 83, i'm not even sure if he deserves an 80. His first touch is not better than Liedson's as well, and not just one point behind Saviola.

JMVP

Postby da_ni » 2010 Apr 01, 10:30

JMVP wrote:I think what could be raised it's his jump, he really has a perfect timing in his jumps and has very good impulsion too. I remember one of the first goals he scored for Porto, were he jumps so high his body ends in an almost horizontal position in mid air. His response could also be higher, he is a bit Liedson-like in terms of reactions.

And what about his DA? I don't remember seing him dribling past anyone, his defenetly not an 83, i'm not even sure if he deserves an 80. His first touch is not better than Liedson's as well, and not just one point behind Saviola.

his is a good dribler, but he uses his dribling to keep the ball, not to drible past anyone. The leats i would give him is an 82. In Porot we can see him quite often coming down the field searching for the ball, holding the ball waiting for the team to raise the pitch and then pass it to the wig or something (hence the Tactichall Drible*). About technique, i agree he shouldn't be higher than liedson, but is Liedson the one that is underrated. I already sugested a significant raise in his technique, Falcão i think is fine the way he is there.

João D. Pinto
da_ni

Postby JMVP » 2010 Apr 01, 15:45

da_ni wrote:he is a good dribler, but he uses his dribling to keep the ball, not to drible past anyone. The leats i would give him is an 82. In Porot we can see him quite often coming down the field searching for the ball, holding the ball waiting for the team to raise the pitch and then pass it to the wig or something (hence the Tactichall Drible*). About technique, i agree he shouldn't be higher than liedson, but is Liedson the one that is underrated. I already sugested a significant raise in his technique, Falcão i think is fine the way he is there.

Sorry but i can't agree with that. It's true he holds on to the ball well but that's not really dribling is it? He just stands still and holds the charge. Besides, would you say he deserves the same as Hugo Viana, Alan and Hulk? (alright, alright, all of these are underated but still...). From what i've seen he hasn't got the skills to be on the same step of David Luiz or even Fucile. But to be honest these ladders mean little since they are all flawed. One thing i'm sure though: with my current 79 and his agility, speed and balance he still dribbles defenders, and i think it's easier to dribble a defender in game with him than it would be in real life.

And since i'm at it, why has he got 1-1 finish and 1-touch pass? He doesn't place shots and he constantly aims at the keeper. He hasn't show any special aptitude for volleys, on the contrary, he has show a excelent aptitude for diving headers. And why hasn't he got the scoring star?

JMVP

Postby da_ni » 2010 Apr 01, 17:40

JMVP wrote:
da_ni wrote:he is a good dribler, but he uses his dribling to keep the ball, not to drible past anyone. The leats i would give him is an 82. In Porot we can see him quite often coming down the field searching for the ball, holding the ball waiting for the team to raise the pitch and then pass it to the wig or something (hence the Tactichall Drible*). About technique, i agree he shouldn't be higher than liedson, but is Liedson the one that is underrated. I already sugested a significant raise in his technique, Falcão i think is fine the way he is there.

Sorry but i can't agree with that. It's true he holds on to the ball well but that's not really dribling is it? He just stands still and holds the charge. Besides, would you say he deserves the same as Hugo Viana, Alan and Hulk? (alright, alright, all of these are underated but still...). From what i've seen he hasn't got the skills to be on the same step of David Luiz or even Fucile. But to be honest these ladders mean little since they are all flawed. One thing i'm sure though: with my current 79 and his agility, speed and balance he still dribbles defenders, and i think it's easier to dribble a defender in game with him than it would be in real life.

And since i'm at it, why has he got 1-1 finish and 1-touch pass? He doesn't place shots and he constantly aims at the keeper. He hasn't show any special aptitude for volleys, on the contrary, he has show a excelent aptitude for diving headers. And why hasn't he got the scoring star?

Dribling skills aside, i agree with you in the finishing thing.. i agree here with you. it's one thing i remembered a while back, he should get farias Scoring*, and Farias should have Falcao's 1-1 Finishing*, he places his shots much more than Falcao, and is more efficient than him facing the GK.

João D. Pinto
da_ni

Postby danielfrancog » 2010 Apr 04, 09:25

very nice goal today

danielfrancog

Postby da_ni » 2010 Apr 04, 12:06

here are some considerations abot his pouching abillities.
cardozo is beeing portrayed as this awsome finisher, but taking a look on the number we have Cardozo with 19 goals so far, currently falcao has 20, and is the top goal scorer, waiting for benfica's match to see if he'll remain there untill next week, and we also have saviola with 11 goals, lets compare their goal records so far in the league.

Cardozo, from his 19 goals so far, 6 of them where socered b penaltyes, and he also has one from FK, leaving 12 goals from free play (jogo corrido).

Savola has 11 goal, and all of them where scored from free pla, meaning that he's only 1 goal behiend cardozo from free play goals.

Falcao, with yesterdays goals, stands at 20 goals so far in the legue, and he has only scored one from a Pealty, meaning he has 19 goals from free play already, well above the others.

João D. Pinto
da_ni

Postby Djoni » 2010 Apr 04, 15:38

da_ni wrote:here are some considerations abot his pouching abillities.
cardozo is beeing portrayed as this awsome finisher, but taking a look on the number we have Cardozo with 19 goals so far, currently falcao has 20, and is the top goal scorer, waiting for benfica's match to see if he'll remain there untill next week, and we also have saviola with 11 goals, lets compare their goal records so far in the league.

Cardozo, from his 19 goals so far, 6 of them where socered b penaltyes, and he also has one from FK, leaving 12 goals from free play (jogo corrido).

Savola has 11 goal, and all of them where scored from free pla, meaning that he's only 1 goal behiend cardozo from free play goals.

Falcao, with yesterdays goals, stands at 20 goals so far in the legue, and he has only scored one from a Pealty, meaning he has 19 goals from free play already, well above the others.

Falcão is far better finisher than Cardozo. Cardozo has no quality for Benfica. He is the worst player in Benfica's starting 11. He can't controll a ball, can't driblle, all of his passes are pure shit, he has no right foot and plays shit with is head.
He was the top scorer because he is the penalty scorer. Most of his goals are penalties and easy goals.
Falcão is a real goal poacher. He can play with is left foot too, when is needed and can score beautifull goals with is head. Resumindo: "Tem instinto goleador."

Djoni

Postby da_ni » 2010 Apr 04, 16:10

Djoni wrote:
da_ni wrote:here are some considerations abot his pouching abillities.

Falcão is far better finisher than Cardozo. Cardozo has no quality for Benfica. He is the worst player in Benfica's starting 11. He can't controll a ball, can't driblle, all of his passes are pure shit, he has no right foot and plays shit with is head.
He was the top scorer because he is the penalty scorer. Most of his goals are penalties and easy goals.
Falcão is a real goal poacher. He can play with is left foot too, when is needed and can score beautifull goals with is head. Resumindo: "Tem instinto goleador."

Cardozo is also a very good player, has a very decent heade, has a powerful shot, can score FK, but is a bit slow, and i don't think that he has that awfull ball control, he can receive a ball pretty well, but Falcao mooves in the penalty area better than him, like you said, has that "instinto matador".

João D. Pinto
da_ni

Postby JMVP » 2010 Apr 04, 20:18

I don't think it is down to instinct, that's a diferent thing. It's all about lack of speed and agility, no heading technique and no right foot at all, and these last 2 are serious fauls when we talk about centre fowards.

Cardozo positioning and antecipation are great, probably better than Falcão's. He just misses to many goals and he is a terrible header (yes, he is an aweful header he just scores with his head inside the small box and because he is so tall) while Falcão is a great header and he has 2 feet. Disaggre a bit on the technical aspect as well. In fact in the last few games he did some dribling runs. Of course his first touch is bad but it is partly due to lack of agility and speed, he takes an eternity to get moving and once he gets the momentum he just can't turn. He also takes an eternity to get his shot ready, it's not like he looses control of the ball so often he just does everything so slowly!

JMVP

Postby zmiguel91 » 2010 Apr 16, 19:05

Dribble Accuracy: 83 -> 86
Shot Accuracy: 83 -> 85
Header: 84 -> 88
Jump: 85 -> 90
Team Work: 78 -> 83

zmiguel91

Postby JMVP » 2010 Apr 16, 21:28

zmiguel91 wrote:Dribble Accuracy: 83 -> 86
Shot Accuracy: 83 -> 85
Header: 84 -> 88
Team Work: 78 -> 83

DA 86?! Is that a joke or what?! Personally i think his 83 is quite generous, show me Falção dribling past anyone please.

JMVP

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 Apr 17, 09:35

I don't think so.

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
Luisao82

Postby da_ni » 2010 Apr 17, 09:58

You're brave!! sugesting a raise when i was having a hard time justifying the current 83!

zmiguel91 wrote:Shot Accuracy: 83 -> 85

Don't think so. He still misses many shots, specially easy ones.

zmiguel91 wrote:Header: 84 -> 88

Headding 88 is too high, in my ladder only classics like José Torres, Vialli and Kevin Keegan have it. 85/86 is as much i would go (86 - classic Nené, and 85 - F. Torres, huntelaar, Van Nistelrooy, L. Fabiano, Zigic, and H. Almeida)
Abou his jumping...imaybe... F. Torres and Eusebio have 87, and i think Falcºao can jump higher than them, plus, his shorter.

zmiguel91 wrote:Team Work: 78 -> 83

i think it's fine as it is.

João D. Pinto
da_ni

Postby Prata » 2010 May 20, 09:50

Than heading 85 and jump 87(i still have debouts in an 88 :S and I don't think F. Torres jumps so high :lol: )

His shoot power could be 81, his ST could be better too... 84 like Cardozo

Doing a lot of stuff int the Portuguese League -transfers, updating players, updating squads,...
Prata

Postby JMVP » 2010 Aug 30, 14:26

I disagree with raising SP, i think it's one of his flaws. Heading is fine imo, what needs to be raised is his response and jump, because he has great timing and impulsion but usually he doesn't place his headers very well, he just jumps like a god damned salmon!

Agree with raisin ST though, it could be even higher, and aggression should be higher as well.

JMVP

Postby da_ni » 2010 Oct 02, 14:36

The other day, me and JMVP exchanged stas on how we thought Falcao would be better emulated... and it's funny how in some areas we came to the same values:

Attack » 85
TS » 81
DA » 81
DS » 78
SPA » 76
Header » 83
Jump » 88
Agg » 87
and TW » 79...

Then we both agreed that hyis Def. should be lowered, 2/3 points to 42/41, his response should be increased, i sugested to 85, but he was a bit more drastic, and sugested 87, but that may be a little too much... In agility, i decreased him in 1 point, he increased him in 1 point also, so it could remain as it is! He also sujested an increase in ST to 85, i could go with that, and a slight decrease in Tech., one point at least, he doesn't have that classy first touch, but it isn't that bad, it isn't worse than hulk tbh...

so, to sum this last part:
Def » 41
Resp. » 85
ST » 85
Tech. » 82

João D. Pinto
da_ni

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC