İlhan Eker

Moderator: Mod's

İlhan Eker

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Jun 19, 14:45

Last edited by A-SK on 2010 Feb 01, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
general suvorov

by »

Re: ILHAN Eker

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jan 02, 08:15

His ball distribution is one of his best assets. He's rather calm in possession of the ball and prefers to play ground passes to his teammates rather than clearing it. He's also renowned for charging forward and lending a helping hand to his teammates up front. He acts like the "extra attacker" so maybe the card is fitting for him. I reckon the following changes could be applied to the first post:
Dribble Accuracy: 74
Short Pass Speed: 76
Long Pass Accuracy: 71
Long Pass Speed: 70
Technique: 75
Aggression: 68

PLAYER INDEX:
P18 – Extra Attacker

He actually started his career as SS*, SM and was later converted to CB. He chose to play as defender because of his physical attributes. He admitted that his ball control and passing ability is above average for a central defender. Feel free to read his interview ;)

A-SK

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Jan 20, 15:46

He can deserved Pinpoint Pass i think. He isn't extra attacker. He is passer.

κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
bjk_melo_151

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jan 20, 17:53

agree :D

A-SK

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Jan 31, 14:32

He use left foot.

bjk_melo_151

Postby A-SK » 2010 Feb 01, 00:37

That would explain why he scored this goal so comfortably. That's another thing that needs to be changed. By the way,melo, what do you suggest we give him for his long passes. I suggested a small raise, but I think he deserves some better figures. This guy is renowned for his ball distribution so maybe his crossing could be raised to 74/75, not sure. His down field passes definitely seem more accurate compared to player like Huth. I don't think it would be wrong to have him on par with someone like Hangeland. I also think his attack could be raised. Just like Tolga Seyhan, Ilhan actually started his career as a striker, but he isn't as threatening from set pieces like Tolga. Attack could easily be raised to 60. He's actually renowned for getting forward and helping out the attackers with his ball distribution. I've gone ahead and given him a very reasonable update ;)

A-SK

Re: Ilhan Eker

Postby general suvorov » 2010 Jun 02, 19:42

he moved to Fenerbahçe! Before moving him I actually would like to discuss few ares like overall passing, and mentality. I think among center backs in Anatolian teams Ilhan is one of the best marker type. However his overall passing seems to me a bit overrated as Thomas Doll cut him as a reasult of being incapable of making simple passes as I mentioned in Mahmut Boz's thread.

I think

Short Pass Accuracy: 72
Short Pass Speed: 72
Long Pass Accuracy: 71
Long Pass Speed: 74

would be better choice for him. If he improves himself of course these values could be re-arranged. And apart from that I consider Ilhan as very influential player who gives his everything to his team. Considering Bilica was considered around 86 mentality I see no reason to give 86 or even 87 to Ilhan.

What do you guys think?

general suvorov

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jun 02, 21:09

Dunno, suvorov. Both me and melo agree that he is a capable passer. There is one thing that seems overrated and that is his teamwork. He often criticizes his own team to the media and isn't the most vocal player as well. He may have been captain in the past, but he has a bad attitude. Bilica doesn't have this sort of attitude. He's a gritty player who carries his role out with a %100 positive and dedicated attitude. He maybe influential, but that's something that's reflected with teamwork more than tenacity. Tenacity is more of an individual attribute that only really influences him and not the the team. He can very Gallas-esque on and off the pitch so it's difficult to rate his tenacity. Considering how passionate and gritty he is, I think his tenacity could possibly be raised to 83. I don't rate him higher than Kyrgiakos. That guy is like the Greek equivalent of Servet. I also don't understand why you've chosen to lower the speed in his passes :? You can naturally lose composure on the ball, but power isn't lost that easily.

EDIT: He's been compared to Franco Baresi...

A-SK

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Jun 06, 12:56

SPA: 75
SPS: 77
LPA: 72
LPS: 74
good for him.

bjk_melo_151

Postby general suvorov » 2010 Jun 06, 14:22

bjk_melo_151 wrote:SPA: 75
SPS: 77
LPA: 72
LPS: 74
good for him.

these passing rates would almost make him par with Ferrari. He isn't that capable passer imo. I believe the best is to wait until his move and focus on his performance on Fenerbahçe

general suvorov

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jun 06, 19:03

definitely, suvorov....

A-SK

Postby general suvorov » 2010 Jun 27, 18:27

now he moved to Fenerbahçe

general suvorov

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jun 28, 00:17

If any changes something from this article needs to be taken into account ;)
http://www.htspor.com/fenerbahce/haber/ ... in-anlatti

A-SK

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jul 04, 15:17

Shirt Name: Ilhan Eker

Club: Fenerbahçe
Number: 6
Position: CB*
Nationality: Turkish _tur

Foot: L
Side: B

Length: 185
Weight: 85

Attack: 59
Defence: 78
Balance: 86
Stamina: 83
Top Speed: 75
Acceleration: 74
Response: 79
Agility: 73
Dribble Accuracy: 72
Dribble Speed: 71
Short Pass Accuracy: 71
Short Pass Speed: 73
Long Pass Accuracy: 73
Long Pass Speed: 76
Shot Accuracy: 60
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 64
Free Kick Accuracy: 61
Curling: 69
Header: 80
Jump: 81
Technique: 74
Aggression: 65
Mentality: 84
Keeper Skills:
Team Work: 78

Injury Tolerance: B
Form: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 7

CARDS:
P08 – Pinpoint Pass

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
-

İlhan Eker is one of the new signings to the club and is a rather interesting player. He didn't start off a defender, but was later converted to one because of his strength. The fact that he hadn't began his career can really be seen from his ball distribution. He has some libero characteristics and can play the ball into play from a withdrawn position. He'll definitely adds some technical elegance to the defence and also some much needed depth to the squad. He as a real captain presence on the pitch and doesn't shy away from barges, tackles and etc. İlhan's fierce nature, vocal and dominant nature really is a force to deal with. He does, however, struggles against poachers with a good aerial ability i.e. Luca Toni. It's difficult to say how good he is. I have this philosophy that unless central defenders in the league gain some international experience and show their capacity at an international level, they really shouldn't be sitting higher than 78. I mean, most people don't like Bilica, but the Brazilian has managed to look relatively solid against European opposition. İlhan isn't a cynical tackler and doesn't dive into the opposition like Bilica, but only time will tell whether he has a future with the club. Just like Bilica, İlhan can join attacks and will make himself threatening when most needed. He's a positive addition to the club and makes Yasin and Can look like the biggest waste men on the planet when you take into account the fact that he was a free signing.

Last edited by A-SK on 2010 Jul 18, 16:30, edited 2 times in total.
A-SK

Postby Razzerian » 2010 Jul 04, 15:42

I don't think Ilhan has been attracted to be a regular started. I don't rate him any higher than Selçuk Sahin or Deniz Baris.

This is just another transfer for the depth of your squad if you ask me.

Razzerian

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jul 04, 15:48

This isn't about rating a central defender higher than midfielders :roll: Ilhan needed some changes and the first post wasn't really showing some much needed changes.

A-SK

Postby Razzerian » 2010 Jul 04, 15:57

Deniz Baris played both as a right and center back for Gençlerbirligi and Fenerbahçe on multiple occassions ;)

I'm not saying they're the same type of player, but the same level of quality.

Razzerian

Postby general suvorov » 2010 Jul 04, 21:04

I wanna ask some questions. the set looks decent but I want to share my impressions about him.

Defence: 78

First of all 78 defence is cool but I also think Bekir's defence shall be closer to Ilhan. Cuz as far as I've seen Bekir in Antep times and Ilhan in Gençlerbirliği, these two players really have similar positional sense. Just wanted to share it.

Balance: 86

I doubt if he's stronger than Egemen Korkmaz or Bilica. Considering Egemen is 183 and 80kgs and Ilhan 185 and 85 kgs with 86 bal Ilhan would be too strong. I think even with 84 he would be strong enough. I see no reason to change balance.

Top Speed: 75, Acceleration: 74, Agility: 73

I'm a bit confused, Bilica is rated with 76 agility, 78 top speed and 79 acc. and Ilhan with these values? I think he would be too slow and unagile.

Technique: 74

He has a soft touch for a center back in TSL standards but I'm not sure if he should be par with Lucas Neill. Maybe 73 would be better. No ?

general suvorov

ILHAN Eker

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Jul 05, 05:24

i like the Ali's set. But TECH will be 73. He is so nice with ball.

bjk_melo_151

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jul 18, 17:13

Both response and teamwork and looked like 77 today against Koln :( Poor game by Ilhan....

Match analysis against Genk:
What a stupid tackle by Ilhan

Ilhan is so slow. Like really slow. I think he is dumb.

Match analysis against Galatasaray:
Well one thing Ilhan is good for is winding our (Galatasary) players.

2 matches after Koln and he's still showing a slow mind and body. At the moment, Ilhan is looking like the slower (physical and mentally) than Bilica, but Bilica is still far too erratic for his own good.

A-SK

Next

Return to Kasımpaşa SK