Moderators: conker8, Ocrin, Adrien, Helios, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Marco Verratti

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Oct 11, 18:05

VIDEO:
Spoiler: show

Comment:
Spoiler: show
Marco Verratti is a young talented midfielder, currently playing for Pescara. He grew up in Pescara youth system and became of their most important player in 2009/2010, when he started to play with continuity, showing his great qualities. This season with Zeman he seems to be on fire, and he's part of the spectacular game of the bohemian coach. In summer he was close to sign with Sampdoria and then with Roma, that saw him as a perfect replacement for David Pizarro.

He may seem a bit overrated for his age but actually he's one of the most young talented players at the moment, and he's gradually showing it. As I already said he's similar to Pizarro, but he assembles also qualities from Pirlo and Sneijder.

I remember he was awesome in Football Manager :lol: I think he's mostly known in Italy and in the world just for this :lol:

daft_pablo

Re: Marco Verratti

Postby daft_pablo » 2015 Jan 11, 05:24

Pablinsky wrote:
bistokd wrote:What's the point from this 97 DA you're rating his DA better than ronaldinho 96 okocha 96 and laudrup holy moly 95 he didn't approve this 97 DA imo , someone explane this please!!

Take the pleasure of reading a few preview pages, Verratti is an absolute monster in terms of DA, he has an incredible close control, even higher than laudrup, not sure about Okocha which could pull off tricks whenever he wanted. Also, think, the mods had been seeing Marco since his beggining of his career they must have reasons to put him in these levels of DA

agree with the 1st guy. for me, a Red DA is for players who usually dribble past the oposition or penetrates the area with quite easy and fancy style, rather than keepeng ball posession, or as the newer PES calls 'Ball retention'. if thats the point, then Xavi or Riquelme would have 99 at them prime. for me, the only few ones with 97-98 should be Zidane, Ronaldinho and Okocha. Maradona and Messi = 99. (cause there is no 100) personally i'w suggest a Red Stamina (Great Enforcer) but a 86-88 DA.

also i'd suggest to compare his DA with Cabella (DA=92, wich for me at this moment is perfect). i know is to compare a DMF with a AMF, but the DA makes the difficulty of beaing an attacker rater than a deffensive MF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Z1qpGPIwU

Respect
Roy

Postby Roy » 2015 Jan 11, 09:44

If you'd have actually watched him you wouldn't have suggested lower DA. I advice watching him first before making such trite suggestions.
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2015 Jan 11, 10:38

I know well both Cabella and Verratti because I'm watching Ligue 1 only. I can say without a doubt that there is a world between them to compare DA. Verratti never lose a ball while dribbling, he's close control is absolutely perfect, the ball always staying in his feet like glue. Cabella has a nice close control, but never in my mind I could compare it to Verratti.

Anyway I don't like to compare both, Cabella running faster with the ball, he try to fix opponents also by speed, so it makes him something pushing the ball to far or loosing the control of the ball. You can't compare DA only as an isolate stats, you have to take also DS at least, if not also EP. Messi and Maradonna are master because they got both, DS and DA. Verratti as an amazing DA, high red for me, but he running slowly with the ball, that's also the reason his close control is such good. In game you will past more player with Messi than Verratti even with same DA for simple reason he also get high DS.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
ballmer

Postby ballmer » 2015 Feb 05, 13:54

Injury issues aside, who'd be the most fitting Xavi replacement, Thiago or Verratti? Though he's positioned deeper, Verratti has a comparable skillset, but Thiago probably has more attacking/assisting threat than Verratti. In terms of metronomic game control, if not such a key passer, Verratti surely edges it.. Thoughts?
Frans

Postby Frans » 2015 Mar 15, 22:51

great game. his tackling is just perfect, look at 2:15, 4:43. WFF could go down to 3.
2headedEagle

Postby 2headedEagle » 2015 Mar 16, 02:05

A very good player , but 98 DA ? IMO this value is overrating him .
He isn't better than Messi in this aspect and can never be , and you just can't compare Him with Messi in terms of DA .
His performance in the both games vs Chelsea was great , very great , but to be sincere I never saw him even in RED DA .
I don't know how a 22 year old player can be rated as high as this ? Why does He need this value for DA ?
Was there any 22 year old player or less than 22 rated as a 98 in DA in the Konami History ? Is he really so consistent ?
I mean Messi and Iniesta have such a big career behind , dribbled almost for 10 years constantly , and Messi is consistent nowadays too dribbling almost every defender , dribbling the whole squad , and He is below a 22 player like Verratti ?

IMO , DA should be lowered to 93-94 ,
Agility can be raised by 1-2 points ,
Response can be raised by 1-2 points ,
Stamina can be raised by 2 points ,
Tenacity needs a huge upgrade , This may sounds ridiculous but for me He is easily in Yellow TEN .
Last edited by 2headedEagle on 2016 Feb 18, 02:53, edited 1 time in total.
From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.
Tellmo

Marco Verratti

Postby Tellmo » 2015 Mar 16, 12:49

2headedEagle wrote:Tenacity needs a huge upgrade , This may sounds ridiculous but for me He is easily in Yellow TEN .
KEEP CALM and HURRAY BENFICA!
Roy

Postby Roy » 2015 Mar 16, 15:45

It's astounding to see that people are still mixing up high mentality with a hounding style of play.

Verratti hunts down players and has an aggressive defending style but I have yet to see him stick out in big matches. I hardly watch much from him but he's rarely on his form in the biggest matches, and THAT is what mentality is really about - being there in big matches when it matters. In that regard even Ibra is above him.
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

2headedEagle

Postby 2headedEagle » 2015 Mar 16, 16:32

Roy wrote:It's astounding to see that people are still mixing up high mentality with a hounding style of play.

Verratti hunts down players and has an aggressive defending style but I have yet to see him stick out in big matches. I hardly watch much from him but he's rarely on his form in the biggest matches, and THAT is what mentality is really about - being there in big matches when it matters. In that regard even Ibra is above him.

The match vs Chelsea wasn't a big Match ?
You are a fucking moron , You always like to disagree for everything .
From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.
Tellmo

Marco Verratti

Postby Tellmo » 2015 Mar 16, 21:21

2headedEagle wrote:
Roy wrote:It's astounding to see that people are still mixing up high mentality with a hounding style of play.

I totally agree. It was a huge game!
Although they played with only 10 players gave a lot of fight (especially the small Verrati, he was a warrior in the field).

2headedEagle wrote:You are a fucking moron , You always like to disagree for everything .

You have to be careful with the vocabulary, there are many difficult people in the forum... :?
Roy

Postby Roy » 2015 Mar 17, 09:38

2headedEagle wrote:

You are a fucking moron , You always like to disagree for everything .

He was barely good against Chelsea, for me he certainly didn't stick out.

@Tellmo why do you want to have him raised?

Tellmo

Marco Verratti

Postby Tellmo » 2015 Mar 17, 12:39

Roy wrote:@Tellmo why do you want to have him raised?

Simple, who seemed to be the captain of PSG in the game (especially in difficult moments) against Chelsea was Verrati, he was the soul of the team. He was the player who never gave up on winning the game (even when they were at a disadvantage), was the most nonconformist.

Moreover he was a warrior on the field, even with their 165 cm and 60 kg.

He deserves at least green. It is unfair he be classified with whites...
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2015 Mar 18, 14:54

Yeah he was good but that's not hide all the previous misconcentration he had in the past in important situation and games. May be an increase to green area, I'm not against the idea. But I'm gonna think Def should increase and Attack go back to greys.

And I can't see him under at least 96-97 DA. Best player I ever seen in Ligue 1 in control of the ball. I already said in the previous page that you can't compare With Messi, Messi is fast with the ball, not Verratti.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
martins7

Postby martins7 » 2015 Apr 01, 04:36

MENT e DEF should Be uptade to higher greens or low yellow and his DA should Be lowered to 95-97.
''There are two methods of fighting, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts.''
fantantonio

Postby fantantonio » 2015 Apr 08, 10:50

Verratti higher DA then Messi ?
Viyut

Postby Viyut » 2015 Apr 21, 23:15

Verratti is a really interesting player. His passing ability and godly control together with his defensive commitment can make him unplayable at times. But PSG has failed yet again at the CL. And to me, that is because PSG's other midfielders: Thiago Motta, Pastore and Cabaye (and also Cavani) aren't good enough. They aren't bad players, but they are clearly not top players. they all seem to be missing something. And that something is what keeps PSG from succeeding in the highest stage.

First is Cavani. It's funny how two seasons ago he was one of the most feared Strikers in europe and now he is playing like shit. And that's because PSG's playing style doesn't suit him (because of his low DA). His best quality is his workrate, and he needs a team that plays counterattacking football to be at his best. That team is not PSG.

Thiago Motta is tall and a very good passer but not more than that. He is also too static to be a real asset to PSG. And (to me) his presence on the pitch is one of the reasons Italy's world cup campaign was so disappointing (not to mention he left italy with ten men in the euro 2012 final, but it's all Prandelli's fault i suppose).

Pastore is very very talented, but whenever i see him play i feel that he lacks something, i can see why we gave him low Ment. He is very similar to Ozil in that aspect as he tends to go missing in games just like Ozil does. But Ozil is more Incisive than Pastore is, and Ozil is also stronger/faster than Pastore. Yet Ozil is a player that probably wouldn't complement Verratti well (unless he plays as a RMF). I just wish Pastore had half of Matuidi's commitment, because right now he's a waste of talent.

And you have Cabaye. Cabaye is a complete midfielder, good passing ability, decent defensively and he can shoot too. But sadly he is merely an above average footballer. He was very good at Newcastle, but that's a midtable PL team. You can see that he is out of depth when PSG is playing at the final stages of the Champions League.

They are all good players, yet you can see that they're not going to fulfill PSG's CL ambitions. I think PSG has been terrible on the transfer department after Leonardo left. Their key players are aging fast, and they'll need to spend big just to keep up with Lyon next season.

Also, maybe Italy has a good chance at euro 2016. A midfield trio of Valdifiori-Verratti-Candreva has potential. And they will certainly do better now with Conte instead of Prandelli.
The goalkeeper isn't another one, he is THE number one!
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2015 Apr 22, 01:34

Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2015 Apr 22, 16:36

I don't share your opinion on every points you mentionned.

Indeed PSG wasn't good at all this season, not only on CL, but even in Ligue 1 in wich they struggle for the title (Lyon is still 1st the day I'm writting this message).

For example Pastore is making his best seasons since he joined PSG. He really not as lazzy as last season, and his passes and technical skills are really great, and helpful for his team.

Thiago Motta is indeed not as important as last season in PSG line-up and tactics, but he start to be old... there were a lot of criticism aginst him this season.

But the points you didn't mentionned is Ibrahimovic: he was so bad this season, he doesn't made anything, just scored some penaltys and made may be two or three good games only.
Viyut

Postby Viyut » 2015 Apr 23, 19:08

Adrien wrote:I don't share your opinion on every points you mentionned.

Indeed PSG wasn't good at all this season, not only on CL, but even in Ligue 1 in wich they struggle for the title (Lyon is still 1st the day I'm writting this message).

For example Pastore is making his best seasons since he joined PSG. He really not as lazzy as last season, and his passes and technical skills are really great, and helpful for his team.

Thiago Motta is indeed not as important as last season in PSG line-up and tactics, but he start to be old... there were a lot of criticism aginst him this season.

But the points you didn't mentionned is Ibrahimovic: he was so bad this season, he doesn't made anything, just scored some penaltys and made may be two or three good games only.

About Pastore, i agree with you. He is indeed playing a lot better this season when you compare to how he was the last few seasons, But i believe he can play better than he is at the moment. One of the reasons is lack of incisiveness, he doesn't create enough danger from his passing. At least not what you'd expect from someone with his level of accuracy. (Or maybe i was just unlucky to miss those matches where he was really dangerous on his passing, do you have any examples?)

About Ibra, he is just not the same after that injury he got earlier this season. But PSG have their hands tied regarding him, that's why i didn't mention him. They can't bench him (because of the press and his influence in the dressing room) and they won't be able to move him, so they can't do anything.

This is an example of Ibra's influence in the world: zlaaatan.com . We're just now seeing the effect of the Zlatanification.
The goalkeeper isn't another one, he is THE number one!
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2015 Apr 28, 10:51

Return to “Paris Saint-Germain FC”