Julian Draxler

Moderators: conker8, Ocrin, Adrien, Helios, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Julian Draxler

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Jan 26, 19:16

Oriello

Re: Julian Draxler

Postby Oriello » 2016 Dec 24, 21:21

Well then you ain't gonna watch PSG till Emery leaves :lol: , no matter what the circumstance in a match at Sevilla he always used his 4-2-3-1 and did the shoe horning in of players - when everything ticks in the formation his teams are like firecrackers, zone press high up the park and break like tsunami into the opposition, sometimes with fullback crossing and the other fullback streaming in to finish the cross - you can check the Sevilla formation thread to get an idea of what he is about. PSG were kinda looking like it in pre-season.

He tried a 4-4-2 with Gameiro and Llorente early last season, but quickly abandoned it after like two games as the front two were isolated. His whole scheme is very dependant on the Rakitic/Banega player linking everything.

I don't think he is a great tactician, and your right he currently lacks the experience to change things up on the fly to maximize his personnel...Him and Krychowiak deserve each other, both only really good in that 4-2-3-1 otherwise out of their depth..PSG under Blanc played a much more fancy passing game seemed 'romantic' footy at times - Emery is definitely a more pragmatic man and likes to grind out results, with a penchant to make comebacks if need be - these late game PSG rallying efforts this season, happened a bit at Sevilla too.. :lol:

Yeah I'm with you on the GK, the Areola guy looks bad, don't know why Trapp was dropped.
Relja

Postby Relja » 2016 Dec 25, 23:11

Oriello wrote:Well then you ain't gonna watch PSG till Emery leaves :lol: , no matter what the circumstance in a match at Sevilla he always used his 4-2-3-1 and did the shoe horning in of players - when everything ticks in the formation his teams are like firecrackers, zone press high up the park and break like tsunami into the opposition, sometimes with fullback crossing and the other fullback streaming in to finish the cross - you can check the Sevilla formation thread to get an idea of what he is about. PSG were kinda looking like it in pre-season.

He tried a 4-4-2 with Gameiro and Llorente early last season, but quickly abandoned it after like two games as the front two were isolated. His whole scheme is very dependant on the Rakitic/Banega player linking everything.

I don't think he is a great tactician, and your right he currently lacks the experience to change things up on the fly to maximize his personnel...Him and Krychowiak deserve each other, both only really good in that 4-2-3-1 otherwise out of their depth..PSG under Blanc played a much more fancy passing game seemed 'romantic' footy at times - Emery is definitely a more pragmatic man and likes to grind out results, with a penchant to make comebacks if need be - these late game PSG rallying efforts this season, happened a bit at Sevilla too.. :lol:

Yeah I'm with you on the GK, the Areola guy looks bad, don't know why Trapp was dropped.

IMO Emery is quite a better coach than Blanc. Blanc's 4-3-3 with Verratti, Motta and Matudi was nice, but i am sure that PSG have (or should have) better chances to win the UCL with Emery, than with Blanc. I am not the french league follower, so idk, i watched like a one half of PSG this season, but Emery is very good coach and i liked him at Sevilla, because he was one of very few coaches in La liga with strong defensive qualities, he knows how to find the balance between attack and defence. One of the key things in Emery's perception of football is to protect the backline with mostly 2 defensive midfielders, also to relieve the playmaker (Rakitić, Banega) offensive players and give them freedom to do what they want upfront. Also, i liked how Emery used Iborra last season, something like Fellaini's role at Everton in 2011. Also remember how Mbia was important for them, with his unexpected all round role, under Emery Mbia turned from a clumsy defensive midfielder into a complete box to box beast. Many players revived their careers under him or turned into complete beasts. Very interesting and quality coach, but after all, i am not sure that he suits the plastic club full of "superstars" like PSG, but surely isn't a manager that relies solely on his playmakers creativity, he's much more than that IMO.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Dec 26, 20:56

He might be a very good coach, and can help players grow, but I was going on about his tactics being system dependent - and in that system Banega was kinda irreplaceable. Your right he has good defensive ideas/approach which are good qualities for some teams..well see if with Draxler and the winter break, he can make PSG reflect his ideas and if those are actually successful week in week out in Ligue 1..Sevilla didn't win away from home all last season in Spain, and truthfully their home form in Europa was a huge component of their success in the competitions.

I'm not convinced he can make a big club perform well consistently, his ways just seem great for club trying to punch above their weight and sometime getting the knockout, but since they are outclassed its okay if they are not top dog, its almost expected - at PSG as you say with the superstars, expectations are much higher. Time will tell.
amine

Postby amine » 2017 Feb 01, 21:19

The grace on this boy, I tell ya. Everything he does looks so effortless. I'm quite confident that TEC is much, much higher.
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Feb 01, 23:21

Came here to say this. He's been showing superb technique and composure since he's at PSG. And most importantly: it's starting to look consistent.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2017 Feb 01, 23:26

He was this way in Germany, has that gliding like manner to him... like some frail warlock with awsome powers - but as you mentioned he just was inconsistent in end product, maybe Emery believes in him like no one else did before and he his performing to his full level finally.

EDIT
Its great btw that he is working out thus far. :)
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2017 Feb 10, 18:47

I've always found him really underwhelming, and I still do, certainly extremly talented.. but just underwhelming apart from brilliance here and there. I think he needs to find a new role or something to bring out the best in him.
mr.Boss

Postby mr.Boss » 2017 Feb 16, 15:17

Very good update ! He is showing an amazing form with PSG but you should add even WF to him as a second position cause i think that he is playing there in their 4-3-3 ;)
PMTP & Mia San Mia
Relja

Postby Relja » 2017 Feb 27, 19:54

He's taller than this, he's 1.87 and 72 kg.
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Mar 24, 17:07

Thoughts about his body control?
I have it at 82. He's good in this aspect but I don't want to overrate him, a high value allows crazy turns in the game, which he doesn't perform in real life, but overall he has very good balance.

BW could be in the 50s as well (52-53) and the Hole player playstyle seems fitting for him.
amine

Postby amine » 2017 May 08, 13:24

I don't understand the ATK downgrade at all.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2017 May 08, 13:30

And I don't understand how he could be at 81. I don't see him involve in much goals for his teams. Can you explain me why you see it on yellow ?
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
amine

Postby amine » 2017 May 08, 13:56

Erm, let me think. Why wouldn't you? His games speak for themselves: Barcelona, Lyon, Monaco (x3), Marseille all suffered against him.

He's a direct player, who always looks forward when he's on the ball, can create danger from literately anywhere through various ways be it dribbling his way into the box or shooting from outside, and he's got very good decisions making despite of his play-style.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2017 May 13, 10:42

It's true about Draxler, but I don't share the same view for attack. I hink decision making doesn't have much thing to do into the rating. It been pretty rare to see Konami giving high attack for anything else than goals involve for the teams. PES system looks more simple and attack more as how much a player is involve in the goal of his teams. Decision making is very relative. Someone can find his decision good and another one bad.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Relja

Postby Relja » 2017 May 15, 23:24

He's been quite good for PSG since arrival. Playing as a side midfielder or as a wide forward, he's been quite good in several ways, first of all he seems like a very disciplined player tactically, very good tehnically but in the same time not wild, selfish, very good in supporting fullbacks in the build up, very good in cuting inside with both off and on the ball. And good shooter, scored a brilliant goal against Rennais in his debute.

He's a complete package too, physically good material, tall, lanky. It will be interesting to see his progress, he may loose his flair if he start to lift more, i mean he's almost 190 cm tall, considering how todays football works and how they treat such a technical, tall and fast players playing wide, he may become a physicall monster like Bale or Ronaldo, i really hope he'll keep his flair and this style.
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Jul 03, 04:25

His recent games for Germany were weird.

He looked like he wanted to do everything. He's been trying to be everywhere on the pitch. That's not a bad thing, but that's just not his thing. His decision making (which is one of his best qualities IMO) wasn't the best and I suspect it's because he tried to do things he's not used to do. His dribbling was especially weird, there was always that one "too much" touch. He's not used to dribble like this.

I saw some footage from last season again and I still don't know how to replicate his technical ability. I mean, yeah, his ball control is worldclass at times and is fine on oranges, but his DA?
Speaking in PES terms, his DA isn't awesome. 86 looks fine, I don't see him displaying the crazy DA you'd expect from a player like him. But he has been so damn effective, more than a 86-rated player in DA. The way he uses his dribbling and body movement to out-smart his opponent is just awesome with PSG. Not sure how you do this in PES stats-wise, higher DA would just cause him to dribble Isco-style and slalom between 2-3 players. Yet, I feel like 86 DA makes him less effective than he actually is.

He also has that slopiness in his moves which is hard to replicate. Some observers call him a "faux lent" in french, a "falsely slow" player who looks sloppy but actually makes a lot of differences with smart body use and elusiveness.

I'm tinkering with body control in PES 17, it has a lot of effects on dribbling efficiency and the way a player's body reacts after a dribble. Won't touch ATT (though I guess it's part of the equation) but given the quality of his decision making and offensive contribution at club level, he could be a candidate for an even higher value if his next season is as good as his first six months for PSG.
Major general Woof

Postby Major general Woof » 2017 Jul 03, 10:52

I think the first thing we should look at is agility. It's almost equal to his DA - how many times have we seen him beating someone with agility? I don't recall that moment myself. When agility is lower, DA gets more limelight on the stage. He looks like he is agile sometimes, but it's just the ball following his every move, he always has control of it, but never looks like he is chasing after it, which players with high AGI look like sometimes (Dembele, Alexis...). If you lower his agility, there might be logic to upgrade his DA by 1-2, but not neccessarily. Depends on what you know from watching him this season.

Edit: Isco is also more nimble than Draxler, it's not just control which allows him to dodge players like cones. Draxler has great control actually, but he doesn't have the ability to complement it with agility, hence he doesn't look like a mechanical dribbler who does his thing by changing directions left and right.
Mrky_MNE

Postby Mrky_MNE » 2017 Oct 01, 21:13

His DA is definitely underrated
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Oct 09, 03:01

Honestly I'd say it isn't, he has glimpses of orange DA at times but his usual dribbling isn't worth more than 86-87. What impresses me the most is his first touch, 91-92 TECH is easily deserved, but his DA is fairly rated for now.

I'll keep an eye on his performances this season, he has the potential to deserve more DA indeed but I want to see it consistently on the long run.

Return to “Paris Saint-Germain FC”