Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, jurgens, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7

Cristiano Ronaldo | 2003-04 | 2006-07 | 2007-08 | 2010-12

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Jul 07, 01:49

2003-2004

Club: Manchester United

Growth type: Early/Lasting

INFO:
Spoiler: show
Ronaldo the Kid: not the smartest player, always diving and a crybaby but he already did those insane stepovers and you could see that was an unshaped diamond with a complete encyclopedia of trickery. - p1rha

2006-2007

VIDEOS:

2007-2008

Growth type: Early/Lasting

VIDEOS:

2010-2013

Club: Real Madrid

S13 - Step On Skills
S15 - Knuckle Shot
S17 - Scissor Kick

VIDEOS:

Last edited by p1rha on 2009 Dec 10, 22:20, edited 29 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-2008 & 2003-2004 & 2002-2003

Postby Fantasista » 2011 Nov 06, 06:20

A few suggestions, nothing fancy here
-Da 91 and Ds 95(check the post above)
-Agility 94, maybe even 95. A true monster back then. The quickest stepoverist(?) since Denilson. Could make fantastic turns at speed. Amazingly agile considering his size, unlikely the current Ronaldo(however still very good)
-Header 85. Not a big decrease, but 86 doesn't seem right. He was still in phase of improving heading ability.
-Long Pass Speed 90. It was already suggested a page ago I think. He was simply a great crosser and his main strenght was power and curve.

Agree with you, but completely not
Fantasista

Postby Brezza » 2011 Nov 06, 16:05

I can agree with lowering dribble accuracy around 2 points from each set and your right about an agility raise. The speed of his footwork and his general nimbleness were almost as good as Denilson, and if you take height/weight into account he's easily worth 95 imo

I think we could move the majority of jurgens 'old' Cristiano Ronaldo set from his evo-web here. But keeping Attack/Stamina/Balance/Shot Power/Teamwork the same as in the first post.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Fantasista » 2011 Nov 06, 16:25

Could someone post it here? I'm not registred to evo-web.

Fantasista

Postby Brezza » 2011 Nov 06, 16:50

This is a pretty old set made for pes 2010. Basiclaly made a few months after his move to madrid. Out dated now though. have a diffent one for pes 2011.. though I'm not really happy with it so won't post for awhile

Name: Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro "RONALDO"

Club: Real Madrid CF
Number: 7
Position: SS*, WF, SMF
Nationality: Portuguese _por

Foot: R
Side: B

Length: 186
Weight: 84

Attack: 86
Defence: 35
Balance: 83
Stamina: 87
Top Speed: 92
Acceleration: 95
Response: 86
Agility: 95
Dribble Accuracy: 90
Dribble Speed: 93
Short Pass Accuracy: 80
Short Pass Speed: 81
Long Pass Accuracy: 81
Long Pass Speed: 88
Shot Accuracy: 79
Shot Power: 93
Shot Technique: 84
Free Kick Accuracy: 83
Curling: 91
Header: 85
Jump: 88
Technique: 91
Agression: 95
Mentality: 76
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 76

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 8
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 6
Consistency: 7

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P05 - Trickster
P06 - Speed Merchant
P12 - Incisive Run
S01 - Reaction
S04 - PK Taker
S05 - 1-touch Play
S06 - Outside Curve
S14 - Quick Turn
S18 - Cross Over Turn
S19 - Quick Scissors Dribble

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Dribbling
*Tactical Dribble
*Positioning
*Reaction
*Scoring
*Penalties
*1-Touch Pass
*Outside

To start of I believe people have judged C Ronaldo as much more of a finesse player than he actually is. I mean look at his stats.. his technical attributes are insane... yes, he is extremely gifted in these areas, but hes not this all round solid. He has the passing abilities akin to a creative holding midfielder, the shooting stats to rival many strikers. Is this accurate? No. To me, his main strengths are his physical abilities, combined with his unwavering confidence and determination.. you know that attitude, where he thinks he can do absolutely everything himself? He seemed to believe this so much for so long that it actually became true.. to an extent. Well, his strengths reached a new level, that being his physical aspects. His body has considerably changed over the years, hes bulked up and actually gained more control and speed rather than losing it.. as most usually do as they bulk up.

In his current from he is one the most physically capable players of all time. He is extremely tall, yet insanely agile... the level of control he has over his body is simply phenomenal, this is his greatest strength. Not only is he agile, hes also incredibly fast.. hes among the fastest in the world atm. As for his technical skills, well his dribbling/speed, technique and shooting power/techniques are all his main technical abilities. But they are rated incorrectly.. I'll go into these in more detail later. Atm his main strengths are his technical abilities, combined with very good physical stats.. and decent playmaking/shooting stats. This is wrong, his main strengths should be his physical attributes, these should be bordering and on god region in several areas, his technical abilities such as dribbling and technique should still be very high.. but more along the lines of world class rather than.. the high end of world class, or god region. Then his passing/shooting stats, should be significantly decreased.. and judged for what they are.
So instead of having a godly dribbler, with incredible speed and solid passing and an extremely accurate shooter... You know have a very determined, bulky/tall man with godly physical attributes (agility/speed) with great dribbling.. but not godly dribbling, decent passing and a thunderous shot that lacks placement, less all round solid, less technically sound, but more physical capable.

Stamina/Mentality Sta 85 > 87 Mentality 74 > 76
His physical condition just keeps improving. He is in ridiculously good shape, runs and runs and keeps going at the 90 minute mark. 87 is big raise... but I'm actually sure hes deserving of this. Hes also matured as a player.. his mentality is too low. Yeah, sometimes he can disappear from games and sulk and act like a baby, but other days he just takes the weight of the world on his shoulders and keeps playing relentlessly, he doesn't let fatigue affect his performance anywhere near what the 74 assigned to him represents... I figure hes deserving of a value close to the 77/78 mark nowadays.

Body Balance 84 > 82
This needs to come down to an 82... this combined with his stature of 186 84 kg and god region agility make him WAY TOO STRONG. He could deserve 84 if these abilities didn't work in relation to BB, but since they do it needs to be lowered. It could even be 80 tbh..

Top speed/acceleration Top speed 90 > 92 acc 96 > 95
Holy shit he is fast... its greatly overlooked just how fast he.. I'm not sure why. Hes among the fastest in the world for his position. Once he hits top gear, hes faster than players like Robben, Klasic, lennon... but 93 makes him too fast.. Sitting on a 92 seems perfect for me. Considering his acceleration, hes definitely god region.. but 96 just feels too fast for me in game. So a 95 here will be suffice.

Agility 93 > 95
This is highly debatable and most people will disagree... but his main physical quality is his agility. He is huge, yet he moves like a man 15 cm's shorter than him. His control, precision and speed in his movements are pretty much second to none. Yes, messi is more agile than him.. but he has a very different body movement style.. not to mention a good 10+ cm's less. Also consider, since his old stats were changed, he went up 7 kgs and 5 cm's, thus he would need a raise in agility to maintain the same level. But these aren't the main reason, he was simply rated incorrectly.. with his dribbling being on terms with his agility. Wrong, agility > da. 95 is god region, which he deserves, mainly because of his size, hes 6 cm's taller than robben and towers over him, he won't move as nimble as robben in game due to this, regardless of his agility being higher.

Dribble accuracy/dribble speed DA 93 > 90 96 > 93
Well, first of lets say.. It's just not possible to recreate ronaldos exact dribbling movements in game.. there far to complex for the pes engine to recreate. I've gone back and forth and back and forth, switching up agility and DA trying to get something that felt right. Higher and lower values for both.
Originally I started on a 92.. and went to as low as a 89 for DA.. these just didn't feel right though. I believe 90 is the perfect number for him. 88 DA is what I assign to players who have pretty much flawless dribbling, players who keep the ball glued to their feet, the likes of D'Alessandro, pirlo, micoli etc. 88 is the breaking point of world class imo. Yet.. 89 just felt to low for ronaldo, he was failing in areas where he wouldn't in real life, especially dribbling at speeds, the ball wasn't quite as close as he could keep it in real life. However,. 90 worked perfectly.

Before you say 90 is far too low... first off WATCH HIS FEET WHEN HE DRIBBLES. Many times the ball is static on the ground and hes simply moving his leg/body around the ball.. this isn't DA, this is agility, but for the most part.. you can't even do these tricks in pes. Watch where the ball is while hes dribbling, he keeps very close control, yeah. But look at it compared to the likes of Robben/messi/ibrahimovic, they have considerably better control, all of these players touch the ball while dribbling a lot more than ronaldo. Ronaldo tends to dance around the ball while it rolls, not touch it and control where it goes.. well he does, but not anywhere near as often. The aforementioned players beat their markers with control, Ronaldo's more about deception and bamboozling his markers.. combined with decent accuracy.. but not world class.

As for speed... well I've lowered it alot. 96 > 93... Compensating for the increase in TS, aslo it feels right. Higher makes him too fast, this works just right imo

Short pass acc/speed SPA 83 > 79 SPS 80 > 81
WOW 83 spa? Wtf is this? Seriously? This is what I've been talking about with people rating him as a finesse player, that he isn't. 83 is the sort of number assigned to creatively capable cental midfielders like Thiago Motta and Inler. Players who keep the game flowing in the midfield and can make some defense splitting passes from deep. Why does Ronaldo have spa on par with them? It's stupid. He simply doesn't deserve this, these are very high/solid numbers for passing.. something thats never been ronaldo strong point. He makes decent passes... nothing special, on occasion he'll make that incisive pass.. but he can do that with a far lower spa. I've dropped him to 79 spa, which is a fine number. 83 is on par with berbatov and ahead of miccoli.. why the hell would he deserve this???

Shot ACC/Power SA 83 > 79 SP 91 > 93
SA is way to high. His SP, ST, and curl make him extremely dangerous in game. Actually it makes him completely unlike his real life self. His shots in real life are RARELY if ever SA based. They are pure SP/ST and curl as an after math. It's his ability to hit clean that makes his shots accurate (on the rare occasion) usually they can go basically anywhere, but when there on target theres so much power and curl... they can easily result in goals. The high SA isn't needed at all.. he can have something more like a 78/79 and still be realistic in game. As his shots aren't placed, they are just hit in a general area and his high ST allows him to do this, his SP and curl are his threats. Not accuracy. His shots accuracy is purely ST imo.

SP can come up to a 93... he freaking annihilates the ball. I wanted him over ibrahimovic in this aspect, so I think a 93 is fair. ST can remain the same.

Freekick ACC 84 > 83. Like his shots, his free kicks are just power and curl... he doesn't really place them, just hits them in general area. They are completely wild in their movement and seem to go anywhere.. keepers don't know where there going and this often results in goals. He can place it in top corners on occasion.. but he also blasts them out of the stadium constantly. It's hit and miss, mainly miss... but when there on target, its so much pace and curl, highly likely its a goal.

Technique: 93 > 91
Too low huh? I don't like Ronaldo sitting so close to god region.. hes along ways away imo. I rarely see him control very difficult passes with extreme ease or just stop the ball dead. 90 is worldclass, thats where he should be imo. 93 is among the best of the best.. I don't think hes there at all. Closer to a 91 for me... but that may be too low ladder wise so a 92 would work too.

Teamwork 78 > 76
Damn, he is selfish.. I want to have him on a number closer to 72/73.. but he does link up decently, and has at least some understanding with his team mates. But hes so freaking selfish! It shouldn't be so close to 80. I think its better off around the 76 mark.

Aggression 92 > 95
Big increase here. Though this may not fit in with PSD ladders, I use slightly higher aggression ratings in my OF because players tend to hang back and not get forward due to teamwork/defence.

Ronaldo is ALWAYS looking to get forward, and I feel he is far more aggressive in his play than he was back in his united days. Constantly in the box... perhaps 95 is too high, but he should be considerably higher than messi in this regard, and higher than his united days, I have 95 because it plays realistically to me. Others may disagree. A raise of some kind is needed though.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby jurgens » 2011 Nov 06, 16:59

TBH I'd keep most of the first post and just make a few slight changes, i think that set is too much of a hybrid.... one of my earlier sets :( Defintly wouldn't agree to decrease header to 85 now.. it should be 87.. he was possibly even better in united with his head than madrid

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby bssm » 2011 Nov 06, 21:35

I think he is quite a bit better nowadays in terms of technique and his first touch, yet he has 91 for both today's set and at United. I am not sure if its more a case of being currently underrated or the United set is overrated, i don't think today he is as consistent as David Silva(92).

Current day Ronaldo is better then current day Fabregas(90) but not at United.

Technique:88/89

bssm

Postby Fantasista » 2011 Nov 08, 19:49

Although I agree he improved his technique he still deserves orange for 2007/08 season.
BTW please correct the mess with his height. In 1st set he's 185 cm. In 2nd 184 cm, In 3rd again 185cm. He got smaller while he was teen and then grew in 19-23? And in current set he's 186... :?

Fantasista

Postby Korinov » 2011 Nov 09, 00:35

Teamwork in the 2007-08 set could go down a few points if you ask me. Considering the aggresive WF role he played at United, giving him a green doesn't make much sense.

Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Postby jurgens » 2011 Nov 09, 01:27

DAMN that is incredible. I forgot just how insanely good he was at headers during uniteds era. 88 minimum imo. That first set I made a few years ago was weird... and not about making him too effective, but it was a personal thing, should be ignored for PSD. There is several players in the classic section sitting above ronaldo, who don't have that type of technique and accuracy in their headers. 88 minimum, but being fair he'd be in the 90 region I'd say.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Basilio » 2011 Nov 09, 01:34

i always think that so, but i never though someone would agree with that. His technique in his headers is just insane, and have always been. Its perfection

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby Fantasista » 2011 Nov 09, 09:39

I think you underestimate how important in most of these goals were his excelent positioning, evading the marker, timing. I'm not saying he wasn't great in header but I find the abilities I mentioned before a bit more important than pure header precision.
And IMHO his headers are better now than back then.

One more question: Is 2002/03 set necessary? If this season is so important I'd rather extend the era to have 2002-04 CR. I don't find a big difference between 2002/03 and 2003/04 Ronaldo.

Fantasista

Postby Fantasista » 2011 Dec 02, 22:23

What's with the agreement we were trying to achieve with the update?

BTW I've just played some Manchester matches and even with values I have on my of(da 91, ds 95, agility 94; ts, acc, blnce, tech like on psd) it felt way too easy to pass opponents with him, sometimes even easier than with Prime Ronaldinho or Messi, dunno why :?

Fantasista

Postby bssm » 2011 Dec 14, 17:47

Why is his stamina in his younger days (2002-2004) so low, his stamina has always been one of his biggest attributes. The guy was bombing up the wing close to his top speed after 90 minutes regularly.

Mentality hasn't always been there and still isn't at times but he has pretty much always been a high 80's stamina player.

bssm

Postby jurgens » 2011 Dec 14, 17:54

Good point. What value would you suggest?

jurgens

Postby bssm » 2011 Dec 14, 18:12

I think 88 for the 2003-2004 set probably one point less for the 2002 set

bssm

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-2008 | 2003-2004 | 2002-2003

Postby jurgens » 2012 Jan 26, 04:34

This channel has a ridiculos amount of his matches from manchester united years http://www.youtube.com/user/mrkleinb2

jurgens

Postby Fantasista » 2012 Feb 03, 08:27

What's with the update? Just for the record I put all given sugg to 07/08 set here:
-Da 91(TBH I consider even 90)
-Ds 95
-Agility 95
-Lower tw(my pick would be 72)
-Lps 90
-Header 85(by me) or Header 87/88(by jurgens)

Fantasista

Postby Brezza » 2012 Feb 03, 16:19

jurgens wrote:This channel has a ridiculos amount of his matches from manchester united years http://www.youtube.com/user/mrkleinb2

I honestly think he was better finisher in in last season at United than today actually, especially when watching a goal compilation on MUTV recently. I forgot how many times his goals actually came from pure 1-1 situations where he he just cooly slot the ball past the keeper into just inside the post.

Also despite the lower goal tally I actually think his best/most productive season was in 06-07, especially in terms of being a pure winger. His agility and ball control and dribble speed was on another level from what it was now imo, not too dissimiliar to prime giggs on the ball to be honest even in terms of pure close control when running at players. He had a crazy amount of assists that year as well.

The two earlier sets could probably be merged.

Brezza

Postby Mr. Evans » 2012 Feb 03, 17:37

Totally agree with you on 06/07 Brezza, his overall game was superb that season. But then he changed after that season and nowadays all he does is score goals basically. He was such a great dribbler back then, how do you lose that..
Anyway he definitely needs a set for that season

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Brezza » 2012 Feb 03, 19:52

Quite a few individual match highlights from 06/07 season on this blokes channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Andy9skill2 ... 6A15867227

Brezza

PreviousNext

Return to Contemporary Players