Christian Vieri | 1997-1998 & 2001-2003

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7, ingus

Christian Vieri | 1997-1998 & 2001-2003

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 12, 21:46

Nicknames: "Bobo" | "Bobogol" | "Muto" ("Silent one") | "Mostro" ("Monster")

Club: F.C. Internazionale Milano

Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

VIDEOS:

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Vieri

http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/ ... vieri.html

Nickname: "Bobo"

Club: Atlético de Madrid

EXPLANATIONS:

Fast, poachy, absolutely lethal in front of goal when given enough space. A beast, really, probably the best 'classic 9' I had the chance to witness in the 90s. 1997/98 was his Atlético de Madrid season, he arrived at a club filled with great but inconsistant players (Juninho Paulista, Lardín), with the key players of the past 'double' (spanish league + cup) of 1995/96 already aging and in clear decline (Caminero, Pantic, Kiko, Futre). Vieri didn't even have a real continuity of play, since between small injuries and cards he could only play 24 league matches... in which he scored 24 goals, becoming topscorer of the league. After that he went to the World Cup and also scored 5 goals in 5 matches. That said, his most iconic goal that season was against Paok Salonica in the UEFA Cup.

Despite the injuries, the man was physically at his prime: great body strenght (although he probably became even bulkier and stronger in later years), a very nice speed over long distances, both on and off the ball... he was also quite a poacher, able to react quickly to through passes, and possesed the pace and body strenght to keep defenders at bay in counter-attacking runs. In terms of shooting he was a great placer and could smash the ball certainly hard, although I haven't found his ST as impressive as I thought it was (still good, but not to deserve oranges IMO). Also a huge threat on the air, specially due to his magnificent heading ability, although to be honest his leap didn't seem to be more than just good. In terms of positional sense and sharpness when roaming the opposition area he was absolutely lethal... you gave him a clear chance and it was a goal.

VIDEOS:

Last edited by Uzair on 2010 Oct 20, 17:54, edited 6 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Christian VIERI | 2001-2003

Postby Gent Soc » 2012 May 28, 16:55

BUMP

based on consistency and consequences.
Gent Soc

Postby Korinov » 2012 Jun 16, 11:55

Not sure about decreasing SA and ST. I remember him as a very good placer during pretty much all his career, and could also display very clean connections and good shots from difficult angles and uncomfortable positions.

That said, I agree Header could go higher (96/97) and BB also deserves reds. But maybe both Ment and TW could come down a bit.

I'm also working on a set for the late 90s, 1997-98 mostly (Atlético Madrid spell and World Cup).

Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2012 Jun 18, 00:18

Very well, here's the thing.

Christian Vieri 1997-1998
Injury Tolerance: C
Foot: L
Side: B

Attack: 97
Defence: 30
Balance: 93
Stamina: 80
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 82
Response: 94
Agility: 76
Dribble Accuracy: 75
Dribble Speed: 84
Short Pass Accuracy: 73
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 70
Long Pass Speed: 73
Shot Accuracy: 93
Shot Power: 88
Shot Technique: 87
Free Kick Accuracy: 74
Curling: 72
Header: 96
Jump: 83
Technique: 81
Aggression: 96
Mentality: 73
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 70

Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
★ Positioning
★ Reaction
★ Scoring
★ 1-1 Scoring
★ Post Player
★ Centre
★ 1-Touch Pass

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
S01 - Marauding
S03 - 1-on-1 Finish
S05 - 1-touch play

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: S/OFF

Fast, poachy, absolutely lethal in front of goal when given enough space. A beast, really, probably the best 'classic 9' I had the chance to witness in the 90s. 1997/98 was his Atlético de Madrid season, he arrived at a club filled with great but inconsistant players (Juninho Paulista, Lardín), with the key players of the past 'double' (spanish league + cup) of 1995/96 already aging and in clear decline (Caminero, Pantic, Kiko, Futre). Vieri didn't even have a real continuity of play, since between small injuries and cards he could only play 24 league matches... in which he scored 24 goals, becoming topscorer of the league. After that he went to the World Cup and also scored 5 goals in 5 matches. That said, his most iconic goal that season was against Paok Salonica in the UEFA Cup.

Despite the injuries, the man was physically at his prime: great body strenght (although he probably became even bulkier and stronger in later years), a very nice speed over long distances, both on and off the ball... he was also quite a poacher, able to react quickly to through passes, and possesed the pace and body strenght to keep defenders at bay in counter-attacking runs. In terms of shooting he was a great placer and could smash the ball certainly hard, although I haven't found his ST as impressive as I thought it was (still good, but not to deserve oranges IMO). Also a huge threat on the air, specially due to his magnificent heading ability, although to be honest his leap didn't seem to be more than just good. In terms of positional sense and sharpness when roaming the opposition area he was absolutely lethal... you gave him a clear chance and it was a goal.

The above set works pretty nice ingame IMO, although to be honest Reaction could even get into reds.

Some vidya:

Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Re: Christian Vieri | 1997-1998 & 2001-2003

Postby Adrien » 2014 Jan 18, 21:36

They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Adrien

Re: Christian Vieri | 1997-1998 & 2001-2003

Postby PES Stats Database » 2014 Jan 25, 20:30

PES Stats Database

Previous

Return to 00's