Carlos MOZER | 1987-1989

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, jurgens, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7

Carlos MOZER | 1987-1989

Postby p1rha » 2009 Apr 01, 15:02

Name: José Carlos Nepomuceno Mozer

Mozer charges his rival F.C. Porto's Fernando Couto, in a duel between two of the hardest defenders to have played in the Portuguese league.

Club: SL Benfica
Number: 3 (?)
Position: *CB
Nationality: Brazilian _bra
Era: 1987/1989

Foot: R
Side: B

Height: 186 cm
Weight: 80 kg

Attack: 62
Defence: 84
Balance: 87
Stamina: 84
Top Speed: 78
Acceleration: 77
Response: 78
Agility: 77
Dribble Accuracy: 73
Dribble Speed: 70
Short Pass Accuracy: 70
Short Pass Speed: 71
Long Pass Accuracy: 70
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 64
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 66
Free Kick Accuracy: 77
Curling: 79
Header: 82
Jump: 84
Technique: 75
Aggression: 64
Mentality/Tenacity: 81
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 75

Injury Tolerance: A
Form/ Condition/Fitness: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5 (?)
Weak Foot Frequency: 5 (?)
Consistency: 6

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Marking

INFO:

Mozer was a fans' favorite due to his commitment and love for the club. He was a tough marker, hard to pass through him. He could easily go up the field scoring some important goals or passing the ball to his team mates. I think he was a free-kick taker but I'm not sure of that now...

Last edited by p1rha on 2009 Jun 07, 01:39, edited 2 times in total.
p1rha

by »

Re: Carlos MOZER | 1987-1989

Postby yourigo » 2009 Apr 01, 21:19

i think he deserves better response, that's what defines a defenders ability to guess the ofensive moves, tackling timing and i think he was good enough for an 81-82, although he did rely more on his balance

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

Postby p1rha » 2009 Apr 13, 13:36

i´m not shure, antecipation was neaver his best weapon, he was a fighter, a real pitbull: strong and determined... but i'll be earing from yall

p1rha

Postby kevanos » 2010 Jan 25, 16:46

Carlos had an extraordinary jump for a guy of his height he is considered as one of the greatest central defenders ever in french national championship : before his arrival to marseille he was described as one of the best CB in Europe in the magazine France Football a lethal offensive weapon on set pieces with an extraordinary header game (a good relance too ) with Basile Boli they terrorized all attackers (i saw him broke a leg in one game on a slide a little bit "strong" ) . he let the same remembrance in benfica :

http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&ct=cltr&c ... Muf_SCIoHg

http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&ct=cltr&c ... 2qEnKjdYYQ

one of the strongest CB i saw in my life an extraordinary commitment ....all those who saw him regularly will tell you the same thing impressive physically : a Beast

come on p1rha with this stats he is at the defensive level of Franck Leboeuf who is anyway stronger technically . 84 in defence is very low for someone who is considered as one of the greatest CB wherever he passed (flamengo benfica marseille) defensively he was at least at the level of aldair (89 ), he was faster than ricardo gomes that i always found very slow in comparison : and his header game is superior by a far to this of Ricardo (without speaking of relaxation that i locate in the low 90's without overate him) Chris Waddle described him as the best header he saw in his career and he was english . Response is easily at the level of other greats CB of his rank ( 78 :shock: ) and his mentality is also very high (a pitbull that's right ) so why 81 ? i've always find his long passing decent : he had a good shot . In my country there's no doubt for : who is the stronger between him and ricardo ? (much more stronger in all technical aspects and a very good left foot yet ) ask around you to olders .......and i never saw him scored a free kick by cons he ascended on almost all set pieces .

kevanos

Postby p1rha » 2010 Jan 25, 17:09

Mate sorry for not having answered before... i really need to have a chat with u over msn.
I really apreciate this input, i can understand u think he is underrated (i admit he probably is) i just want to make sure ur aware the magnitude of the numbers sugested. I also made Ricardo Gomes and i would like to have some input on that one too. Btw, Valdo? Branco? U must remember them too! :D

My msn: jpmrt@hotmail.com

p1rha

Postby HFClub » 2010 Jan 26, 11:13

kevanos wrote:come on p1rha with this stats he is at the defensive level of Franck Leboeuf who is anyway stronger technically . 84 in defence is very low for someone who is considered as one of the greatest CB wherever he passed (flamengo benfica marseille) defensively he was at least at the level of aldair (89 ), he was faster than ricardo gomes that i always found very slow in comparison : and his header game is superior by a far to this of Ricardo (without speaking of relaxation that i locate in the low 90's without overate him) Chris Waddle described him as the best header he saw in his career and he was english . Response is easily at the level of other greats CB of his rank ( 78 :shock: ) and his mentality is also very high (a pitbull that's right ) so why 81 ? i've always find his long passing decent : he had a good shot . In my country there's no doubt for : who is the stronger between him and ricardo ? (much more stronger in all technical aspects and a very good left foot yet ) ask around you to olders .......and i never saw him scored a free kick by cons he ascended on almost all set pieces .

Agree with everything. Let's make honour to this memorable defender.

HFClub

Postby kevanos » 2010 Jan 28, 17:14

sorry for not answered quicker your ricardo is very well ;)

Carlos is underrated comparatively : Ricardo gomes 's positionning and especially concentration was better by a far while Mozer used and abused of his physical strength which turned sometimes against him (too intense) but the capacity of carlos to made defensive interventions with more vivacity and determination with a speed very superior : carlos was quite fast on long distance and he had a surprising capacity to turn on himself fastly and start for a guy of his height he ended often that by a STRONG slide ( between both of them Carlos deserve more the star sliding )

after for all is question of personal assessment : who is the best defensively those who thought more because he was phisically more limited or those who was able to scare all attackers by his physical prowess and was everywhere ? response is higher for Ricardo no doubt ! the defensive level shall be close . The biggest strength of this duo (very dissimilar ) was the fact that one was a lefty and the other a righty : in an alternate coverage ( no sweeper in brazil ) for the balls in the back of the CB's at the moment of the slide the defender was always on his best foot . The best duo ever in benfica but personally for the poll i will vote for Germano (not yet chosen the second ) this guy had the class as we said in my country

i found this for his jump read the last testimony em portugues ;) ( " O meu pai contou me que o poder de impulsao deste jogador era tanto , que quando , nas bolas paradas .......durante o tempo que passava suspenso no ar ecoava na na velha Luz um AAAhh ! de admiraçao ) my father told that the power of impulsion of this player was so great .......... carlos had an incredible jump think about it .... .
http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&ct=clor&c ... tlLSdFjKZg
a relative small exposure (82 too young 86 hurt )one player always underated he really deserve more recognition . to marseille he was a legend ...............

me too i've really appreciate this input ;)

Last edited by kevanos on 2010 Nov 29, 15:22, edited 2 times in total.
kevanos

Postby p1rha » 2010 Jan 28, 22:26

Again thnx ;)
This is the kind of post that made me join PSDB, too bad we usually just have +x here, -y there kind of sugestions, but what i really apreciate is this kind of input were people make coments about the players abilities then I can tweak them stats. :P

About his jump ur just too damn right, his leap was really something i noticed that in some midfield battles in a game i saw a couple months ago, there's one were he jumps so high that he even falls because his oponent is too short. I haven't edited him yet, i'll do it once i have the opurtunity to discuss his stats one by one with u. Looking foward for it ;)

p1rha

Postby yourigo » 2011 Jan 16, 14:52

i think his jump is underrated, my dad keeps telling me how he was better than bruno alves in this aspect and how he could literally leap over other players...maybe someone who has seen some footage of him playing can sugest a value closer to bruno alves's 95

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

Postby Sharp Eyes » 2011 Mar 21, 19:18

I've always thought his jump should be in orange i saw a match of him and he jump really high like a horse :shock:

Barca4ever
Sharp Eyes

Postby AlexDantas2009 » 2012 Nov 17, 18:08

he deserves the card P17 – Offensive Fullback, playing for Flamengo, Mozer scored many goals.

Flamengo, FC Twente e Real Oviedo só.

AlexDantas2009

Return to 80's