Xabi Alonso

Moderators: brazilianpesfan, Korinov, Fixer, Mod's

Xabi Alonso

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:43

Image




CLASSIC SET(S): 2009 - 10 | 2004 -05

Last edited by Markulur on 2009 Aug 18, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
PES Stats Database
 
Posts: 9522
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 114 times

by »



 

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 Feb 23, 16:22

Ok 91 for Ronaldinho then?

I also have an issue with the 7 point gap between the LPS of Alonso and Gerrard.
It currently is:
Gerrard 96
Alonso 89

Personally I think it should be
Gerrard 96
Alonso 93

The reason for this is Alonso hits his passes with a lot of pace, certainly much harder than any of the other world class long passers such as Pirlo, Fabregas, Scholes, Carrick and Deco.

Beckham is the only person superior to Alonso, capable of perfect floated ball or a driven pass over 70 yards.

Think about goals scored from a players own half and the two players that instantly spring to mind are Beckham and Alonso. The reason they are capable of this is because of their LPS meaning the keeper doesnt have time to get back to save it, combined with their precision accuracy and vision.

Gerrard still deserves 96 because he gets incredible pace on his crosses but he lacks the accuracy and vision to score from his own half like Beckham or Xabi.

User avatar
lfc 4 eva
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: 2008 Dec 10, 11:12
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby that guy » 2009 Feb 23, 22:44

His cross passes hasn't got more pace than Scholes does. I'd put them as equal in that department.

that guy
 

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 May 29, 09:11

http://footylounge.com/films/musicvideo ... =c8e5941e0

For the first post. ;)

Doesn't it just bring tears to your eyes? One of the best long range passers I have ever seen. You can keep your Pirlo's and Beckham's!!

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
User avatar
Alcohomicide
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: 2009 Jan 15, 17:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby fishdalf » 2009 May 30, 10:14

The reason Alonso's Long Pass Speed sits in the 89's is because he tends to float the ball across rather than ping it like Gerrard does. Of course he is capable of hitting the ball harder, but in general terms he doesn't.

User avatar
fishdalf
 
Posts: 966
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 07:34
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 May 30, 10:58

fishdalf wrote:The reason Alonso's Long Pass Speed sits in the 89's is because he tends to float the ball across rather than ping it like Gerrard does. Of course he is capable of hitting the ball harder, but in general terms he doesn't.

The way I see it is Alonso pings them but Gerrard pings them harder.
Anyway Xabi certainly doesn't float them, the ball travels much quicker than the likes of Pirlo and Carrick.

User avatar
lfc 4 eva
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: 2008 Dec 10, 11:12
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby fishdalf » 2009 May 30, 11:01

I would definately call 89 a ping, so no worries there.
I'd also say he has a fast long pass than Carrick, which he does, so no worries there.
He also has a slightly faster pass than Pirlo, that's 3 out of 3, everyone goes home happy.

User avatar
fishdalf
 
Posts: 966
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 07:34
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 May 30, 11:08

fishdalf wrote:I would definately call 89 a ping, so no worries there.
I'd also say he has a fast long pass than Carrick, which he does, so no worries there.
He also has a slightly faster pass than Pirlo, that's 3 out of 3, everyone goes home happy.


However is it realistic to have a 7 point gap between him and Gerrard?
Watch the vid Alcohomicide posted, at about 3mins it shows some great examples of Xabi pinging the ball with terrific speed and accuracy

User avatar
lfc 4 eva
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: 2008 Dec 10, 11:12
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby fishdalf » 2009 May 30, 11:11

Yes i know he can do that, but we're talking about on a consistent basis. GENERALLY he floats the ball. Gerrard is the fastest long and short passer in the world, don't forget that.

User avatar
fishdalf
 
Posts: 966
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 07:34
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 May 30, 11:16

fishdalf wrote:Yes i know he can do that, but we're talking about on a consistent basis. GENERALLY he floats the ball. Gerrard is the fastest long and short passer in the world, don't forget that.

I wouldn't say he GENERALLY floats it at all, he is an expert of using the right tranjectory for the particular situation. Gerrard doesn't drill the ball 100 mph every single time either and he can float the ball but he still has a very high value rightly so because he is capable of it.

User avatar
lfc 4 eva
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: 2008 Dec 10, 11:12
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby fishdalf » 2009 May 30, 11:22

Mascherano is capable of pinging the ball from one corner of the pitch to the other, and has in some high profile matches, but i'm not proposing 90's for him, why? Because consistently he doesn't.

I hope my point is coming across. If it's not; let's go give Messi a 90 for heading. :P

User avatar
fishdalf
 
Posts: 966
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 07:34
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 May 30, 11:30

fishdalf wrote:Mascherano is capable of pinging the ball from one corner of the pitch to the other, and has in some high profile matches, but i'm not proposing 90's for him, why? Because consistently he doesn't.

I hope my point is coming across. If it's not; let's go give Messi a 90 for heading. :P


Yes your point is coming across the issue now is a case of how often. But for me Xabi pings the ball just as consistently as Gerrard but not quite as quick.

Surely we can come to a compromise of a low 90's?

User avatar
lfc 4 eva
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: 2008 Dec 10, 11:12
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby fishdalf » 2009 May 30, 11:32

Sure, a difference of 1 would be more than acceptable, even looking at the ladder. I've always put Alonso in the 89/91 bracket.

User avatar
fishdalf
 
Posts: 966
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 07:34
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 May 30, 11:44

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.ph ... ount=13172 an excellent post.

Most important bit is the last bit about the height of passes and trajectory.

I actually think that a player like Carrick should have a much lower LPS because he hits his passes very high and lofty like he describes.

As for Xabi the usual trajectory of his passes is fast and lower so he needs a high number. 91 sounds good to me though

User avatar
lfc 4 eva
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: 2008 Dec 10, 11:12
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby fishdalf » 2009 May 30, 11:47

Alonso: 89/90
Fabregas: 86/87
Carrick 84/85

That's exactly where i'd have them

User avatar
fishdalf
 
Posts: 966
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 07:34
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 May 30, 11:50

fishdalf wrote:Alonso: 89/90
Fabregas: 86/87
Carrick 84/85

That's exactly where i'd have them


Im gonna test it later but I think it would be interesting to see the effects of something like 50 in LPS

User avatar
lfc 4 eva
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: 2008 Dec 10, 11:12
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby fishdalf » 2009 May 30, 12:09

Haha i've tried that. Looks rather good in-game actually, especially with those long diagonal cross-field balls.

User avatar
fishdalf
 
Posts: 966
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 07:34
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 May 30, 15:05

Looks like lfc managed to get it across. I don't know where this floating stuff came from TBH. He smashes his foot through the ball when he does them and obviously they hang in the air more than they do with other players, (Height, trajectory) but what you have to remember is where as Stevie passes into space and general areas Alonso passes into body.

91/92 LPS is what I'd have given him, but 90 is fair enough too. Xabi has been doing these passes since he debuted for Real Sociedad. NO worries about consistency. ;)

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
User avatar
Alcohomicide
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: 2009 Jan 15, 17:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby CDDRodrigo » 2009 May 31, 01:23

NO PENALTIES? :shock: :shock:

CDDRodrigo
 
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 18:25
Location: Brazil
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2009 Jun 02, 19:10

CDDRodrigo wrote:NO PENALTIES? :shock: :shock:

I think he may deserve it but we don't see him take enough penalties as Gerrard is Liverpools taker.

Also I think his Defence value would sit nicely on a 75.

User avatar
lfc 4 eva
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: 2008 Dec 10, 11:12
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Xabi ALONSO

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jun 09, 02:09

Well seen as we have plenty of agrees over the history of this thread, and it's also been suggested on the old board; i'll update hios long pass speed now.

User avatar
fishdalf
 
Posts: 966
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 07:34
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Real Madrid CF

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests