NEW Classic Players Thread

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, jurgens, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7

NEW Classic Players Thread

Postby jurgens » 2011 Jul 28, 17:48

Just as the topic says, this thread is for NEW classic players. Those who are not yet on the database. Rather than posting a new set and waiting for it to be approved or denied, post it here so members who have more knowledge on said players can deem whether it should or shouldn't be moved to the main site. Continue to post different era sets for already created players as usual, they will be approved in much the same way. This thread is strictly for unmade players who are not yet in the database.

I'll be cleaning up this thread to avoid clutter somewhat regularly.

Note: You must explain your sets.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

by »

Re: NEW Classic Players Thread

Postby adieet » 2011 Sep 18, 12:38

Ajax Huntelaar ?
Spoiler: show
Name: Huntelaar

Club: ?
Number: ?
Position: CF*
Nationality: Dutch _ned

Foot: R
Side: B

Length: 186
Weight: 80

Attack: 87
Defence: 40
Balance: 84
Stamina: 80
Top Speed: 75
Acceleration: 76
Response: 87
Agility: 75
Dribble Accuracy: 75
Dribble Speed: 73
Short Pass Accuracy: 72
Short Pass Speed: 71
Long Pass Accuracy: 70
Long Pass Speed: 68
Shot Accuracy: 87
Shot Power: 78
Shot Technique: 91
Free Kick Accuracy: 74
Curling: 72
Header: 85
Jump: 77
Technique: 86
Aggression: 85
Mentality: 78
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 75

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 6

S03 - 1-on-1 Finish
S05 - 1-touch Play
P19 - Fox in the Box

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
adieet

Postby Korinov » 2011 Sep 20, 13:13

Héctor Berenguel (2000 - 03):

Clubs: Sevilla FC (2000 - 2001) | Deportivo de la Coruña (2001 - 2003)
Era: 00's
Name: HÉCTOR Berenguel | 2000 - 2003
Shirt Name: HECTOR
Number: 24
Positions: SB, CB
Nationality: Spanish _esp

Height: 182 cm
Weight: 81 kg

Injury Tolerance: A
Side: R

Attack: 69
Defence: 76
Balance: 82
Stamina: 85
Top Speed: 81
Acceleration: 78
Response: 79
Agility: 80
Dribble Accuracy: 76
Dribble Speed: 79
Short Pass Accuracy: 73
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 77
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 66
Shot Technique: 65
Free Kick Accuracy: 63
Curling: 68
Header: 74
Jump: 79
Technique: 73
Aggression: 74
Mentality: 80
Team Work: 82

Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Covering
Long Throw

PLAYER/INDEX CARDS:
S09 – Covering
S13 - Long Throw

MOTION STYLE:

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: DEF

Additional links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A9ctor_Berenguel

http://www.bdfutbol.com/en/j/j1021.html

Info/Explanations:
A right-back (could also play as right centre-back) who compensated his lack of technique with hard-work and a pretty solid style of play. Since we have nothing in the DB about him, I took a look at the stats Konami gave him in past years (PES 3, 4 and the like). They weren't very accurate but at least served as a starting point to elaborate the set from. The rest is from my memories, a few matches I keep from his time at Deportivo and also one or two press articles from that time where he's mentioned in a certain degree of detail. He was never a great player, and technically he was quite poor (he could do decent crosses but nothing else), hence the green stats for dribble and passing and 73 technique. I gave him good but not outwordly stamina since he was quite a defensive swift-back (performing pretty well at defensive tasks even when playing as CB), and tended not to cross the midfield line much. About his physique, he was strong, quite agile and could maintain a decent pace, but couldn't compare with players like Manuel Pablo, or even Lionel Scaloni at the time, so I gave him mostly low yellows and high greens for BB, Speed, Response and Agility.

I'd like to have more opinions about him, but he was never a very popular player (even at his prime years) due to his secondary role at Deportivo, and has remained quite obscure for the great public ever since. I've tested for a while this set and I do believe it reflects him quite well: not outstanding nor spectacular, just competent.

Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Postby valdemarcareca » 2011 Sep 21, 07:58

Nickname: "Warrior" | "Tireless" | "Incansável"

Club: Clube Atlético Paranaense

Name: Thiago COCITO | 1999-2002
Shirt Name: COCITO
Number: 4
Positions: DM, CM
Nationality: Brazilian _bra

Height: 179 cm
Weight: 82 kg

Injury Tolerance: A

Attack: 72
Defence: 76
Balance: 85
Stamina: 91
Top Speed: 77
Acceleration: 80
Response: 86
Agility: 82
Dribble Accuracy: 83
Dribble Speed: 78
Short Pass Accuracy: 77
Short Pass Speed: 82
Long Pass Accuracy: 76
Long Pass Speed: 79
Shot Accuracy: 69
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 74
Free Kick Accuracy: 72
Curling: 77
Header: 78
Jump: 82
Technique: 78
Aggression: 72
Mentality: 85
Teamwork: 82

Condition/Fitness: 8
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Centre
Sliding
Covering

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P02 – Anchor Man
P08 – Box to Box
P12 – Enforcer
S08 – Slide Tackle
S09 – Covering

MOTION STYLE:

Growth type: Standard/Lasting

Info, Honours, Video and Add Links:

[spoiler]INFO:
Cocito began his career at Botafogo-SP in 1997 and soon distinguished himself. His good performances attracted interest from Atletico Paranaense who hired him in 1998. He moved to Corinthians in 2003. Guild also had stints in 2004, and again for Atletico Paranaense in 2005, before playing in Europe. In the Old Continent, Cocito served by Tenerife between 2005 and 2006 and Real Murcia in 2006, both from Spain.

For the 2007 season, the player signed with the Fort, returning to Brazilian soccer. The following year, went through Avaí, where he was part of the cast in the campaign team in gaining access to the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A, Series B, 2008. In 2009, he signed with Boavista athlete to compete in the championship. And then went to Vila Nova where he retired aged 32.

HONOURS:

Club
Atlético Paranaense:
Champion selective for the liberators: 1999
Brazilian Série A: 2001
Paraná State Championship: 2000, 2001, 2002

Fortaleza:
Ceará State Championship: 2007

VIDEOS:

ADDITIONAL LINKS:
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiago_Cocito
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocito
http://www.zerozero.pt/jogador/thiago_m ... fault/5409

Explanation of Skills:

This set I've been preparing him already for some time, about seven months ago to be precise. and would publish it.

Attack / Defense: I put it with a green DEF value, because he is an DM who liked to prioritize the defense and was extremely good at withstanding attacks opponents, made a wall so that the attackers could not pass opponents. And ATK, put him at 72 because at times he played the MC, and even he liked playing in that position to prioritize the defense, but went for his attacks as you see, was not very sharp in the attacks was that, despite have a lot of technique.

Balance / Strength: In your balance, put on 85, it was difficult for anyone to beat him in the game of body, he protected the ball so that the opponents were angered by him protecting the ball with his body, and not letting the opponents steal the ball in a race too, it might not be as fast as the opponent that he would steal the ball, more was much stronger than most, he put the body in front and took the ball from the opponent when he needed played almost as a fourth quarterback, it was extremely strong and tough, he was extremely strong. Tireless was his nickname because he highly resistant, angry opponents were pursuing them until he can take the ball from the opponent, and even after you have already stolen the ball from the opponent, still have stamina to go on the counterattack and if someone lost the ball after the counter-attack, he returned to his impressive response to the coverage, I think this explains your card "Box to Box" to get beyond the end of the match and he continued with the same peak that in the beginning, and even when you leave the field as often gave interviews or tired, their resistance was something enviable, so I put it down to a value orange, tested it for a while, and put that 91 is more than deserved for him.

Speed ​​/ Response: He was no great speed, but nonetheless, still managed to arrive at a reasonably good speed, I put it on your TS with 77, tested, and found it was enough for him, and his ACC, I thought good to him with 80, because despite his speed he got it very fast. And its RES, good if Atlético Paranaense was Brazilian champion in 2001, I believe that almost 50% were because of him, because he empty his role well on the pitch, in his impeccable markup and its steals, he was too with this skill, their steals were amazing, his reflexes were very sharp adversaries to intercept passes, and he was very smart to leave the freight of the opponents in the head, often when the opponent thought he head the ball in was giving a bike or take the ball up long before I put it at 86 because I think that's what he deserves for this time, with higher values tested and found that 86 would be ideal for him. I've seen this player play live, and believe to this day I have not met anyone like him.

Agility / Dribbling: His speed was not very good, but he could think of to do some tricks quickly, and some other movements in general, as his first pass, 82 is more than perfect for it. Have your DA, I put it to 83 because it keeps the ball very close to the body, and that was enviable for a DM at the time, he was synonymous with race and idol of the fans for leaving his opponents lying on the ground, with its essential cuts (not his teammate, who won the Brazilian national team visor in the following year, Kleberson, nor was he as good in this skill, as was Cocito). Have your DS, it was not very good because he had to slightly decrease your speed to get around, so I put in 78, which is good for him.

Passes: His passes were passes that were not super passes, passes were those basic goals and to play football, were faster than accurate. Especially in his short pass, they were much faster and more accurate than his long passes.

Shots: His kicks were stronger than precise and technical skills compared with other DM ST the same time and then tested with more than 70, but then I saw that 69 will be very good for him, he really was not very good with precision, but it was still reasonable in his technique of shooting, tried to volley it and bicycles. And your SP, I have tested various values ​​between 70 and 76, and 74 thought it was good value. He kicked off the very strong field, was very strong, these kicks from a distance, but almost always hit out of the beams, was stronger and in their technical skills kick.

FK / Curve: Well, he was in his best CUR, because in his free-kicks he was not very good, he lifted the ball over to the area of ​​trying to kick straight. Have your CUR was good, especially when he kicked combined with its strong effect on the ball.

Header / Jump: He just was very good with this ability, especially in his heels, he went among the opponents defenders with great skill, balls and pulled his head with great precision. It was very hard he lost a bid to head, and was not head the ball he took a bicycle, and how much race and he was available, it was hard to dispute someone on air with him, it was almost impossible, and if perchance lost it found a way to retrieve the ball, very fast even.
Technique: His technique was good and not too bad, because he likes, a few times to hold the ball, and agility as its already 82, I did some tests and put in 78, more than good.

Aggression: He is an DM, and did not like going out to attack, more rarely played by the CM, and acted well, moderately going to attack, even more so with the characteristics of the wheel, finishing far and not doing much to attack, setting more sharply than the game. So to him these 72 more than great.

Mentality / Team Work: He led the team forming the midfield, as I said even though he was very late in the game, even with the other tired, he was still with the same credibility as the beginning of the game, beyond it in 2002 is already the captain of the team. Besides being very dedicated and very smart and be smart on the field, I knew down in time to the judge that the failure for your team and bring more danger to the opposing team. The TW was good he would not risk more than three dribbles to pass the ball to one of his teammates.

Cards:
P02 - Anchor Man (He's a DM who likes to post protecting the line of defense)
P08 - Box to Box (I have explained this card, along with resistance)
P12 - Enforcer (this deserves to be very difficult to be fought, and always kill the enemy counter-attack)
S08 - Slide Tackle (Having a special ability to clean entries, and winning the ball with beautiful stands)
S09 - Covering (By having the ability to cover)

Condition / Injury: Well, I think he deserves to 8, having participated in almost every game in 99 and 00, and when they began playing at the end came, and in 2001 he did just about every game as a starter, in a two games only to be replaced, and yet he fought with the coach saying he did not want to leave, he had the chops to stay in the field, and in 2002 that made all the games with the same regularity, even without his partner who was in Kléberson Selection Brazilian World Champion in 2002. And an A in his injury, because in that period of 3 ½ years he played at Atletico Paranaense, not once does not hurt, got hurt good once, but it was the end of a game when entering the locker room that he just felt the muscle, but in the next game he is normal again.
[/spoiler]

valdemarcareca

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Sep 21, 22:35

I've worked a lot in this set of Miguel Angel Santoro, watching youtube matches, complete matches (as Independiente vs Ajax in 1972 final), special programs of those teams, asking to my dad, etc. Hope that could be nice!

SET BY VICKINGO_73 (with a little colaboration of Julgui in numbers)
Club: Club Atlético Independiente

Era: 70's
Name: Miguel Ángel SANTORO | 1972-1974
Shirt Name: SANTORO
Number: 1
Positions: GK
Nationality: Argentine _arg

Height: 180 cm
Weight: 78 kg

Side: R

Attack: 30
Defence: 86
Balance: 80
Stamina: 68
Top Speed: 70
Acceleration: 73
Agility: 84
Dribble Accuracy: 50
Dribble Speed: 54
Short Pass Accuracy: 58
Short Pass Speed: 60
Long Pass Accuracy: 55
Long Pass Speed: 57
Shot Accuracy: 44
Shoot Technique: 44
Free Kick Accuracy: 44
Curling: 48
Header: 44
Jump: 88
Technique: 50
Aggression: 58
Mentality: 82
Keeper Skills: 84
Team Work: 86

Weak Foot Accuracy:4
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:

MOTION STYLE:

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: S/DEF

INFO:

Miguel Ángel Santoro (born 27 February 1942 in Sarandí, Argentina) is a retired Argentine football goalkeeper. He played most of his career for Club Atlético Independiente and represented the Argentina national football team at the 1974 World Cup.

Santoro made 343 appearances for Independiente between 1962 and 1974, making him the goalkeeper with the highest number of appearances for the club. During his time with Independiente he won 10 titles, 4 league , 4 Copa Libertadores, the Copa Intercontinental and the Copa Interamericana.

After representing Argentina at the 1974 World Cup Santoro was sold to Spanish side Hércules CF where he played until his retirement in 1977.

Managerial career

Santoro has had three short spells as manager of Independiente, his record as manager of the first team is Played 36, Won 12, Drawn 14, Lost 10.
He joined Independiente on the 5th October 2008 and stepped down as manager of Independiente on 22 March 2009.

CAPS:
_arg Argentina - 14 appearances

CAREER:
_arg 1962–1974 Independiente 343 appearances
_esp 1974–1977 Hercules CF 50 appearances

TITLES:
_arg 1963 Independiente Primera División Argentina
_arg Nacional 1967 Independiente Primera División Argentina
_arg Metropolitano 1970 Independiente Primera División Argentina
_arg Metropolitano 1971 Independiente Primera División Argentina

INTERNATIONAL TITLES

1964 _arg Independiente Copa Libertadores
1965 _arg Independiente Copa Libertadores
1972 _arg Independiente Copa Libertadores
1973 _arg Independiente Copa Libertadores
1973 _arg Independiente Intercontinental Cup
1973 _arg Independiente Copa Interamericana

ADDITIONAL LINKS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_%C3%81ngel_Santoro
http://www.taringa.net/posts/deportes/8565071/Idolos-De-Independiente_-Miguel-Angel-Santoro.html
http://www.infiernorojo.com/foro/historia-del-c-a-i/85142-miguel-angel-santoro.html

PERSONAL DESCRIPTION / EXPLANATIONS:
(by Vickingo_73)

Miguel Angel Santoro, Wow! I heard the name of this guy and I feel like an incredible sensations. Why? Because he's in my opinion the 1st in Independiente's history, even more than Bochini. I'm saying that not only because of his great performances in all his career, not only because of titles won in the reds, because he's also the man who most loves Independiente, simply that. He's always in the club, helping since his place, he is called here as "Storm rider". He took the team as coach 3 times when nobody wanted to did it and with a little of money and he did well campaigns. He's loved by fans, because of he was a fantastic keeper, and also because he's a nice person and always with respect to Independiente's supporters.
Having said this, I'll focuse in his keeper's labour. He was fantastic, in my opinion one of the 2 best in Independiente's history and one of the greatest in Argentina's 70 football. He was the "typical" argentinian's 70 keeper of our league, characterizated by being a secure keeper, he prefered catch the ball to punch it, and his first intention was always to catch the ball to don't give rebound, and most of the times that I've watched him in videos, in TV resumen or asking to my dad (he watched mostly of his games in the stadium when he was young), I could confirm that his main virtues was his goalkeeping abilities and his ubication. I didn't want to overrate him in KS, but I have the feeling that could be even better compared with actual European/Southamerican keepers who has a similar value. BTW he has a good value with 84 will be good represented, plus his defence will be enough. His ubication was typical of that era too, always attentive and good positioned to try to catch the ball, logically inferior to Fillol's, I compared him with Ubaldo because was a similar type of keeper in this aspects.
He had a tiny body to be a professional goalkeeper, but he compensated this with awesome agility and response, he was capable to does double saves (I think that in that video vs Atletico Madrid there's an example, I don't remember well) and quickly to save his goal. His balance could be even lower, but taking into account his position and his battles in the box to catch the ball and cut crosses, I opted to assign him at least a yellow number, which in a keeper is less than mediocre. The same with his jump, was world class IMO, he compensated also his lack of height (180 cm) with great power in his legs to jump and doing this in an excellent and atletic way, to be on pair of forwards higher than him.
May be his weakess point was his feet, he sucked with it and usually and most of the times he opted to send the ball from the goal with his hands or give to the 1st defender (as I've explained on Trossero's set) to don't complicate himself, because his powerness was really poor, and I wanted to put a lower value also in his SP, but with 78 is really awful in the game, so will be enough.
Here is may be the most difficult point to rate Santoro, the mix of his AGG-MENT. He was a fighter to be a keeper, a "never give up" attitude as we said, one of the talisman of 1970's team, BUT he hadn't decision to go out and cut crosses or usually he didn't go out to 1 on 1 situation, he prefered wait in the small box and try to save the situation there. I'm not saying that he didn't do it, but was the minor of the times, he was a "line stand up" keeper, 0 aggression, he played too many in the line. So, I wanted to represent that with a poor AGG (58, even with 60 is crap), with a yellow value in MENT to compensate because of his attitude in the field. This could be supported with a high level of TW also, he was a leader to shout to Villaverde and Trossero (as him also did it in that team) to order his defence and his team, always trying to support his teammates with strong shoutes in difficult situations of the game. Compared with AFA current keepers would be the best by far, I didn't watch some similar in the lasts years, may be Navarro Montoya, but I'm not sure, and I feel that this value could be even better, but with the current number I think that's enough.

VIDEOS

As I have time today, I've also made another player of that era: Ricardo Elbio Pavoni.

SET BY VICKINGO_73 (with a little colaboration of Julgui in numbers)

Era: 70's
Name: Ricardo Elbio PAVONI | 1972-1975
Shirt Name: PAVONI
Number: 3
Positions: SB
Nationality: Uruguay _uru

Height: 64 kg
Weight: 167 cm

Foot: L
Side: L

Attack: 73
Defence: 77
Balance: 83
Stamina: 83
Top Speed: 80
Acceleration: 76
Response: 82
Agility: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 78
Short Pass Accuracy: 77
Short Pass Speed: 78
Long Pass Accuracy: 78
Long Pass Speed: 82
Shot Accuracy: 73
Shot Power: 84
Shoot Technique: 77
Free Kick Accuracy: 78
Curling: 78
Header: 76
Jump: 81
Technique: 78
Aggression: 78
Mentality: 88
Team Work: 83

Weak Foot Accuracy:4
Weak Foot Frequency: 3

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Penalties

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
S04 - PK Taker

MOTION STYLE:

INFO:

Ricardo Elvio Pavoni Cúneo (born July 8, 1943 in Montevideo) is an Uruguayan former football (soccer) defender who played the majority of his career for Club Atlético Independiente in the Argentine First Division.

BIOGRAPHY

Elvio Pavoni was born in Montevideo, Uruguay and began his footballing career with the Montevidean club Defensor. Disillusioned with life as a footballer, he was on the point of abandoning the game completely and going to work in a casino as a croupier until he was convinced to play football for Independiente of Argentina. Undeniably one of Independiente's all-time stars, the left-sided full-back has been described as a natural leader and the perfect man-marker. He was also responsible for scoring 57 goals.

He arrived to Independiente at age 21 to replace Tomás Rolan, another Uruguayan who had suffered a serious injury. No-one could have predicted that Pavoni would make people forget about Rolan and would be part of one of the most memorable periods in the club's history. His first match for Independiente was on March 24, 1965 in a Copa Libertadores match. Independiente beat Boca Juniors by two goals to nil.

For twelve seasons (1965–1976) he was idolised by the Independiente fans. He was particularly remembered for his powering runs along the left wing, putting away free kicks with his left foot and for his frequent last-ditch efforts to clear the ball from the goal-line. He is considered by many to be the archetypal Uruguayan footballer.

Pavoni (affectively known as "el Chivo") won many honours during his career, including the Argentine first division championships three times, the Copa Libertadores 5 times, the Copa Interamericana on three occasions and one Copa Intercontinental. He was also a member of the Uruguayan squad that took part in the World Cup of 1974, in West Germany. Since retirement, he has been involved with the club as a trainer with reserve and youth teams. He has also been caretaker manager of the first team on several occasions.

CAPS:
_uru Uruguay - 13 appearances | 2 goals

CAREER:
_uru 1960-1964 Defensor Sporting
_arg 1965–1976 Independiente 423 appearances | 57 goals

TITLES:
_arg Nacional 1967
_arg Metropolitano 1970
_arg Metropolitano 1971

International Club Competitions

1965 - Copa Libertadores de América
1965 - Copa Interamericana
1965 - Intercontinental Cup

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Pavoni

http://www.biografias.es/famosos/ricardo-pavoni.html

http://members.fortunecity.es/acabemia/pavoni.htm

VIDEOS:

I put here 3 videos. The 1st the penalty that he missed vs Boca (showed his strenght in the shoot, may be isn't the best example but it's the only demonstration in youtube). The second one at minute 5 aprox is his goal in WC 1974 with Uruguay vs Bulgaria. And the 3° are 35 mins of Ajax-Independiente final in 1972 where you can watch his performance vs that excellent team.

Pavoni, the great 70's captain, it's the best way that I can describe. A total leader of the team, captain of those wonderful team which won 4 consecutive Libertadores Cup and defeated Juventus 1-0 in Italy in Intercontinental Cup. This guy was a temperamental defender, leader of all the team and obviously of the defence. He was a hard defender, he was (as my dad said) more worried about his defensive position than go to attack, BUT when he has to did it, he did it in a more than decent way (look at his goal in WC 1974 in Uruguay 1 - Bulgaria 1). Because of this reason, he was characteristized by great qualities in attack, but his support to the team in attacking movements was more than decent, doing good combinations with his teammates and pulling the team from the deep since the first minute, commanding the team in difficult moments and ordening the whole team with his shouts everytime; very similar (but 10 years before) to Trossero's TW/MENT despite having different positions.

About his positioning in defence was more than good to be a LB, he was a really hardworker marking, very difficult to pass to any opponent, and typical uruguayan's style in this, with a lot of pressure in the marking, being "annoying", and when he had to "go for all" with his foot, he didn't doubt it, or pass the ball or the opponent, not both at the same time. He had a tiny body, but wait, his strenght was awesome, just with look his type of muscle you'll realize how "rock" he was about his physique, I assigned him a well value in this to compensate his lack of speed (his final speed wasn't good, but decent to the era and type of football but his first sprint was terrible, really slow), agility (normal number, neither a rock to move, nor a super quickly movements).

About technical abilities there isn't too much to say, an average player with good intentions but doesn't gifted in this aspects. He tried always to look for a better technical teammate (Bochini, Pastoriza, etc) and make an accurate pass to them, this must be the best in his technical aspects, secure passes; but I have to discriminate better his long passes, he was capable to does it in a good way and more than accuracy he looked for speed and not being intercepted. His 1st touch was quite decent, an average player in this, capable to stop the balls from the air and in difficult status of the field, but not more than that, enough to his role in the team: receive the ball, stop it, look up his view and find a teammate and try an accurate/fast pass or a long pass to the WF. About his dribble, was decent too, an average dribbler also, capable to carry the ball from deep, pass the midfield and try to combinate with his teammates in attacking movements, very difficult watch him avoiding opponents, he used his dribble to carry the ball and nothing more...with decent speed, doesn't lose too much his low speed in his dribble.

Despite being a LB who doesn't try too much in attack during the match, he was an excellent shooter. 57 goals is a really good number for this type of defender who doesn't pass to much in attack movements. He was in charge of penalties during the first "Golden era" of Independiente, and he has a good record (just the video that I left is one that he missed in 1976 against Boca :?, but was an exception). He based his shooting abilities in his power with his foot, comparable with Trossero but not at that level, Enzo was a better shooter for sure; he made goals in penalties, so I assigned him the card/special abilty. Also scored in gameplays going ahead by his side and trying a powerful left shoot from distance, and are remembered a lot of goals in this way, but I think that's too much assign him Long Ranger.

There's a distintion in his style of playing: He was AMAZING saving goals in the line. All said that and A LOT of times during the match he had the ability to posicionate himself when the ball was going to the goal and save it with spectacular movements.

Vickingo

Postby Cold_Mac » 2011 Sep 22, 01:43

Name: James Quinn

Nickname: *The Mighty Quinn*

Club: Celtic
Era: 1904-1910
Name: Jimmy Quinn
Shirt Name: Quinn
Number: 9
Positions: CF, WF
Nationality: irish _irl heritage but played for scottish _sco national team.

Height: 178 cm
Weight: 76 kg

Attack: 90
Defence: 30
Balance: 96
Stamina: 82
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 81
Dribble Accuracy: 84
Dribble Speed: 80
Long Pass Accuracy: 74
Long Pass Speed: 73
Shot Accuracy: 85
Shot Power: 96
Shot Technique: 87
Free Kick Accuracy: 65
Curling: 71
Header: 82
Jump: 84
Technique: 87
Aggression: 88
Mentality: 91

Weak Foot Accuracy: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Dribbling
Scoring
Post Player
Middle Shooting

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P11 – Long Ranger
S05 - 1-touch play

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: OFF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growth Type: Late Peak
Consistency: 6

INFO:

"He was the keystone in the greatest team the Celts ever had.
James Quinn is recognised as the greatest centre forward we have ever possessed, and we have had many fine leaders...A strong robust player possessed of a wonderful pair of shopulders which he used to great advantage and more fairly than he was given credit for. Quinn was subjected to a lot of abuse in the course of his fourteen years service.
He seldom objected to anything done to himself, but deeply resented ill-treatment to any of his colleagues, all less able to stand up to it."
Willie Maley

"With the deep chest and muscular shoulders of a charging bison he shed festoons of clinging opponents as he hurtled goalwards.
He could dribble and had some outstanding solo runs to his credit, wbut with four forwards who knew all there was to be known about the art, he normally filled the role of rushing their passes to fruition. His left shot was furious [the World Encyclopedia described it "as the hardest shot ever seen in Scotland"]. Repeatedly it stretched the back of the net so taut that the ball rebounded into play ["remember, this balls, when wet, could weigh a ton" Tommy Gemmell]...Even when stumbling under the attentions of the defence he could momentarily retain enough purchase to part with the ball before stretching his length on the ground.
His performances on the field were so famous that even the pencils of reporters in the ranks of Tuscany were compelled to limn his greatness in phrases like "Quinn on Saturday, with all his power, dash and deadliness";"the ever watchful Quinn, ready to spring or burst through when an opening presented itself or fasten on a stray ball, played to his reputation"[eye-sighted];"Quinns bustling bolts and maxim shootings":"Quinns thrilling runs and maxim shooting";"notably Quinn who beat almost the Clyde team himself.";"No centre going equals the Celt in holding on to the ball when pressed and getting in a shot by hook or by crook under great impediments."
James E. Handley

Started as a "hard running left winger" he began his Celtic career rather unspectacular but as the centre-forward was once injured, Willie Maley moved Jimmy Quinn to the CF position and he began to become the Mighty Quinn.
In the Scottish Cup Final of 1901 he stormed through 6 (six!) defenders while they tried to hack him off his feet, of course scored and in his own words "I used to play with the blood running down into my boots."
After he scored again the Scottish Cup Final against Rangers in 1904 after Celtic were 0:2 down till the score was 3:2 in favour of Celtic his fame sprayed all over the world.
He single-handed destroyed Rangers and in the coming Old-Firms he was marked by three defenders of the three-man Rangers defence!
Quinn still was able to score, even though it was disallowed twice by the referee.
There were darksides as well as he was sent-off against Rangers in his most loved game, the Old Firm, as he allegedly trampled on Alec Craig in 1905 and in 1907 for purportedly kicking Joe Hendry.
But he was capable of destroying the english team as well as he played for Scotland against them in 1908 and the newspaper reports reported "Scotlands attack seemed at times to be simply Quinn, all Quinn and nothing but Quinn."
He loved the big occasion, beat the English League Team as well in a single-sided match in 1909.
On Christmas day in the same year he scored his most beautiful goal against Kilmarnock as he shoulder-barged his way through 8 Kilmarnock players and finished in a typical Quinn way, low and hard.
Doesn't sound like a nice guy does it? Well, he was one.
Very humble in his nature, I think this story is the best paraphrasize of his personality and is recorded in his book and various other sources:
After his professional time Jimmy, as always lived in Coronation Row, Croy. It was in the late 20's, when a future Celtic hero called Jimmy Delaney went to see the the famous Quinn in his house.
The two Jimmys talked affably with each other, however much the younger was overawed by the presence of the older one. Just as Delaney was about to leave, Quinn showed him all his medals, which he kept in a biscuit tin and ended up by saying "Hera are ya, son, just tak wan." Such was the humility of the Mighty Quinn.

And to give some statement about the stats so that it is clear I did not just make them up.

Physical values: Any reasoning needed? Read the info text. His agility is that high because he turned into different directions while being hacked, had a general movement ability and used his strength very wise.

Technical values: To keep the ball under controll - even in those raw, anarchic times with this medicine balls - you need some ball controll and I described him mainly as barging through his opponents, but in the various newspaper reports I have read, there are rather dribblings described than pure power. So at least he had the talent for an average dribbling values and needed a very good touch and close controll as he was marked brutally close for that time.

Mental values: You need some kind of mental strength if you want to be at the top of the game and especially in those days you had to be tough.
The centre forwards and wingers at most and he was both. There are various reports about "severe treatment by opponents" and his own "blood running" quote to underline that. Furthermore his strongest games were the big ones and it is one part of mental toughness if you like high-pressure atmosphere. His leadership qualities are testified by WIllie Maley and team mates even though he wasn't the captain as this was Sunny Jim Young but in fairness, Young was the greatest Captain Celtic ever had.

And to give proper information on the size of player he was:
Celtic were unbeatable the best football team in the Edwardian Era, becoming Champions from 1905-1910/14-17 and were unbeaten in 62 games in a row.
They had one of the biggest and certainly one of the most modern stadiums in the world around 1905 and games between the English League pick/national team - back in the time they had a fundament to think they are unbeatable as they usually were ! - and the scottish one were highly competitive and were held a ceremonial two times per year, once at Hampden and once at Wembley and Scotland was the major opponent back then for the English players as outside of this there were certainly brillant, all time heroes but these were mainly individuals and their countries lacked in the developed, logistical part of the game and of course, in the general strengths of players. How things have turned around :lol: Well, at least in the 30's the Austrian developed a magnificent football which marks down the downfall.
So, Jimmy Quinn was, as credited, the best forward of the Edwardian football era in one the biggest clubs in britain, who won 11 out of 15 times the league between 1905-1919 and the highly competitive scottish cup 5 out of 9 times between 1905 and 1914/15 which marks down the time Quinn spent at Celtic.
Hope it does not appear as a cheap fan-boys opinion-

SOURCES: - to name the major
An Alphabet of the Celts, 1994
Jimmy Quinn: Celtic first goalscoring hero, 2007
World Encyclopedia of Football, 1978
http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Quinn ... 1900-15%29
http://www.croyhistorical.org.uk/jimmy-quinn
http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/oUzwv ... GW1075H813

Cold_Mac

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Sep 22, 17:27

Another classic player of Independiente who is reserve in the All Star Team, in his best era, 2005-2006: Sergio Aguero.

Name: Sergio AGÜERO | 2005-2006
Shirt Name: KUN AGÜERO
Number: 10
Positions: SS
Nationality: Argentine _arg

Height: 172 cm
Weight: 68 kg

Attack: 81
Defence: 35
Balance: 80
Stamina: 81
Acceleration: 90
Response: 81
Agility: 92
Dribble Accuracy: 87
Dribble Speed: 87
Short Pass Accuracy: 75
Short Pass Speed: 76
Long Pass Accuracy: 77
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 81
Shot Power: 83
Shoot Technique: 83
Free Kick Accuracy: 76
Curling: 78
Header: 78
Aggression: 85
Mentality: 78
Team Work: 79

Weak Foot Frequency: 6

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Dribbling
Reaction
Lines
Outside

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
S01 – Marauding
S06 – Outside Curve
S19 – Scissors Skills

MOTION STYLE:

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: S/OFF

INFO:

Sergio Leonel "Kun" Agüero del Castillo[2] (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈseɾxjo aˈɣweɾo]; born 2 June 1988) is an Argentine footballer who plays as a striker for Manchester City in England's Premier League and the Argentine national team.

On 5 July 2003 he became the youngest player to debut in the Argentine First Division at 15 years and 35 days, breaking the record previously established by Diego Maradona in 1976,[3] who is Agüero's father-in-law due to his marriage to Maradona's daughter, Giannina.

At international level, Agüero represented the Argentina under-20 team at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2005 and in 2007 winning both tournaments.
In 2006, Agüero moved to Europe to play for La Liga side Atletico Madrid in a fee worth €23m from Independiente.
Independiente

Sergio Agüero joined the youth system of Independiente aged nine. He then started playing for the side becoming the youngest player to debut in the division at 15 years and 35 days (on 5 July 2003 against Club Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro), breaking the record previously established by Diego Maradona in 1976.[5] His first goal for the club came in a 2–2 draw against rivals Estudiantes de la Plata on 26 November 2004.[8] Agüero soon became a regular in the first team, earning a place in the Argentina squad for the U-20 World Cup in 2005.

The Argentine's most famous goal for Independiente came on 11 September 2005 in a 4–0 win against Racing Club de Avellaneda, where he ran from inside his own half before finishing with his left foot.[8] His outstanding performances during the 2005 Torneo Apertura attracted interest from a number of big name European clubs, and after months of speculation, Agüero announced to television in April 2006 that he intended to leave the club at the end of the season

PERIOD REPRESENTED:

_arg 2005-2006 Independiente 38 matches | 18 goals

TITLE IN THIS PERIOD:
_arg 2005 FIFA U-20 WORLD CUP

ADDITIONAL LINKS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Ag%C3%BCero

http://marcador.ec/notas/2011/05/05/sergio-agero-quiere-retirarse-vistiendo-los-colores-de-independiente-de-avellaneda

http://www.taringa.net/posts/deportes/11627650/Sergio-Ag_ero_-Soy-de-Independiente-no-de-Atletico-de-Madr.html

VIDEOS:

(by Vickingo_73)

Probably the best player surged from AFA league in ten years, Kun in this 2005-2006 season showed why he was called as the best proyect in Argentina to export to Europe, where then he'd confirm all his qualities. With only 15 years he debuted in Independiente in 2003, but he had regularity since this season and showed an amazing ability to score and get crazy all the opponents. I had THE LUCK of enjoy his matches (as vs Newell's and Colón in Avellaneda) in the stadium, and always I said that he will be great in Europe in sometime. And I didn't commite a mistake, with only 17-18 years he won a U-20 title being the best of the team with Messi (and the younger), doing great things.

I've compared numbers between the current set, and with Tevez's Boca era and I elaborate this set with my knowledge of watch ALL his matches in this era. What can I say? He was too much for this league, a shame that Independiente's team wasn't good, but only he made ALL. I didn't want to overrate him because he was pretty good but he was in a lower league, but I think that his numbers could be even better.

About the stats I think that there isn't too much to say, are very clear. About positioning, he was one of the best here even being SS, because here played ONLY in that position, he was really good to create spaces and intelligent to look for blank spaces and create dangerous in general. May be the most difference between the current Aguero and Independiente's Aguero is the strenght: before, he was a tiny boy, thin, extremedaly fast (today is better) but he based his strenght in how to use his body, he was really good doing this and his handling was impressive for a child of his age, because of this I didn't want to put a better value. In Europe and with more years he won muscle mass and he got stronger than before, but he conservates his smartness to use his hands/body in general since he was a child. As he was weaker, he had a better agility than today, you can watch it in the videos that I put here, his changes of direction were unpredictable and his "hip brokens" were just amazing, I assigned him a point below current Buonanotte. This is the only value that is better than the current because of a logical sense.

About dribble and passing, in the first one he was magic, too much for argentinian league defenders, as I've said before unpredictable, his control of the ball was really closer to his foot as he makes today but I have the sensation that he used to be quicker with the ball in short runs, not in longs, he used to shoot the ball on the floor and run with it, doing feints, may be better than nobody that I watched here in full speed. I assigned him the same value of current Burrito Martinez and +1 than Patito Rodriguez, who is pretty similar in his movements with the ball, but for sure faster than Independiente's Kun. About passing, not too much to say, decent, may be he could made some killer passes, but for sure were an exception, as the current level, never was his best skill. The same with long passes, sometimes was in charge of corner kicks, but wasn't too much impressive, were well directed but with lack of power, and usually were intercepted by opponents.

About shooting stats, he was far from current accuracy, but he was pretty good, the placement of the ball was one of his best skills, I've never watched him nervous in front of the keeper, and he was really secure where he wants to put the ball, and usually he did it accurately, and with power. Also he showed a more than decent free kick (even he scored a goal vs Banfield), but I didn't want to assign a better value because it wasn't his best performances doing this because I remember that the free kicker was Emiliano Armenteros, and usually he kicked it. Shoot technique was always good as his technique, his 1st touch was impressive to a player of his age, definitely at the level of current Gio Moreno or better than Patito Rodriguez's, and pretty similar to Ortega's in this years. Look in the remembered goal vs Racing the way that he killed the ball to start dribble, just amazing, or vs Instituto in the afternoon that he scored 3 goals; a mix of pure class in his technique with amazing shoot technique with a globe to the keeper.

Mentality and Team Work are two values that I had many doubts how many assign him, but because of his age and his well mentality always to never give up and how were his performances in important matches (mostly vs Racing and River), and how he developed in the lasts minutes of all matches I assigned a more than decent number, combined with a good stamina who allows him to run a lot during the match as he made always (obviously that in Europe he improved this, but he always had a well physical condition); and about teamwork, he understood very good with Nicolas Frutos in this era and with Emiliano Armenteros/Lucas Biglia, he was able to does combined actions during the match and be available for a pass when the team needed him, neither a phenomenal nor a bad, just the average, but hey, he was only 17 years!

He was terrific aggressive, but I didn't want to put a very high level (85 is a nice number I know), but I assigned him Marauding and Lines to represents how he moved constantly in the last line of defenders.

Vickingo

Postby Sean_19 » 2011 Sep 22, 21:58

Qinn-set looks very fine for me - good work!

Pro: HSV, Celtic, Hannover 96, Waldhof Mannheim, Barca, Inter, ManU, Argentina, Spain, Ireland
Contra: Werder, Pauli, Bayern, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan, France, Brazil
Sean_19

Postby jurgens » 2011 Sep 24, 06:45

@korinov, sets looks fine for now, post it.
@valdemarcareca, this set really overpowers him. 85 BB with 86 response, 76 def? That makes him better than 99% of todays DMF's. He deserevs the BB but the rest def+ resp? And why have you given him anchorman and at the same time box to box? These are two opposite extremes.
And why would you give him box to box after stating "and did not like going out to attack, more rarely played by the CM, and acted well, moderately going to attack"?

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby valdemarcareca » 2011 Sep 24, 07:17

Forget, you can delete all my posts here, I will not post any more, so you're not wasting time with me ;) , my posts always have something that is wrong! Sorry for your loss of time with me! :oops:

valdemarcareca

Postby jurgens » 2011 Sep 24, 10:23

@vickingo_73 you can post santoro and pavoni, don't post aguero.

jurgens

Postby Korinov » 2011 Sep 24, 11:01

jurgens wrote:@korinov, sets looks fine for now, post it.

I've posted him in Contemporary Players, but since (if I remember correctly) he retired in 2008 or 2009, you may want to move him to the 00s subforum instead. I'll leave it to you since I'm not sure about how many years have to pass once a players retires to get him out of the "Contemporary" brand.

jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Postby jurgens » 2011 Sep 24, 11:19

valdemarcareca wrote:Forget, you can delete all my posts here, I will not post any more, so you're not wasting time with me ;) , my posts always have something that is wrong! Sorry for your loss of time with me! :oops:

Your not wasting time, but maybe you need a little push in the right direction, and a little more knowledge on stat making. Don't get upset when people question your set, expect criticism and be willing to defend your values. The questions I've asked are pretty logical. For his defense and response values, look at current European players. Do you really think hes only one point below Sergio Busquets in def and response? Outside of the questions I've asked about the stats, the rest looks decent, but the def/resp/bb combo make him a monster defensively in midfield.

I've posted him in Contemporary Players, but since (if I remember correctly) he retired in 2008 or 2009, you may want to move him to the 00s subforum instead. I'll leave it to you since I'm not sure about how many years have to pass once a players retires to get him out of the "Contemporary" brand.

Moved him. Contemporary is for currently active players. Retired is for retired.

jurgens

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Sep 24, 17:22

jurgens wrote:@vickingo_73 you can post santoro and pavoni, don't post aguero.

Great, I'll do it. But why not Aguero? I took a lot of time to create it with explanations and creating the post, and I think that the numbers are pretty accurate, and of that era for sure I'm the guy here that I watched all his matches and also live in the stadium. Why not?

Vickingo

Postby jurgens » 2011 Sep 24, 18:06

Theres alot of stats I'm suspect about and I need to review it further. I mean +1 on lpa for current aguero, but he improved on that, and all passing stats in the last two years, but there all on green. Jump 84? His jump was always crazy and he got a 90 in his first season back here, agility was red too. -1 on fka too. wfa 5? These minus ones and +1's here and there tattle tale of randomly assigned numbers. It looks alright but we have the old set from his first year in atletico, I'd rather use that as a base.

jurgens

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Sep 24, 18:15

Nice, thanks for reply, I wanted to know it. As I've said, I compared him with the current, and I didn't want to overrate him. It'd be interesting if you could watch some matches/videos of him to correct it or at least give suggestions for my set. About AGI could be even better in this era, but as I said I didn't want to overrate him due to his age, but for sure could have a better values. About passing, he was quite average in Independiente's era, I'm not against a decrease to white numbers compared with the current set. When you can, try to compare with the old set of Atletico and PM me or here, and we can make a colaborative using as base this one. Thanks. Then I'll post more players.

Vickingo

Postby valdemarcareca » 2011 Sep 24, 23:50

jurgens wrote:
valdemarcareca wrote:Forget, you can delete all my posts here, I will not post any more, so you're not wasting time with me ;) , my posts always have something that is wrong! Sorry for your loss of time with me! :oops:

Your not wasting time, but maybe you need a little push in the right direction, and a little more knowledge on stat making. Don't get upset when people question your set, expect criticism and be willing to defend your values. The questions I've asked are pretty logical. For his defense and response values, look at current European players. Do you really think hes only one point below Sergio Busquets in def and response? Outside of the questions I've asked about the stats, the rest looks decent, but the def/resp/bb combo make him a monster defensively in midfield.

Well, to explain, it was very similar to Ralf, like I say in quotes, because it was much better today Ralf. They are very similar in style of play, Ralf is only a little faster, in my opinion. Not wanting to compare any other player, because I do not like to compare one player to another, because each player is a player, no play in a manner equal to other, even if they are similar, not identical. But then, to use a current player that looks a lot like the Cocito, using Ralf. Cocito was a little more technical than Ralf, Ralf me if you have 85 at RES, Cocito can have 86, but if you think that is too high, I can put it with 84 at RES, and Ralf has 76 DEF, I believe Cocito can have more than him, I was still logical and put the same value, but if you think that this value is too high I can put it with 74, and his BB I believe he deserves the same 85 because it was too strong even with this ability. And I put the card for him to play the CM, he played a few times in that position, but he played it when he was going to cover the attack several times, and running to schedule, was able to run through every part of the game field whole. But also do not think is very fair to put it with this card, I can put it without him.

valdemarcareca

Postby Korinov » 2011 Sep 26, 13:23

César Martín, spanish central defender who played for Oviedo, Deportivo, Levante, Hércules and Castellón. Was a great promise in the late 90s but several injuries prevented him to fulfilling all his potential. Retired a year ago or so.

Three sets, first one for his peak era (2001 - 2004), second one for his early days at Oviedo (1997 - 99), third one for his late days at Hercules (2007 - 09). Stats made in a joint effort between JuLiTo and me.

Club: Deportivo de la Coruña
Name: CÉSAR Martín | 2001 - 2004
Shirt Name: CESAR
Number: 5
Position: CB

Injury Tolerance: C

Height: 185 cm

Attack: 61
Defence: 85
Balance: 86
Stamina: 84
Top Speed: 79
Acceleration: 77
Response: 81
Agility: 76
Dribble Accuracy: 74
Dribble Speed: 75
Short Pass Speed: 76
Long Pass Accuracy: 72
Long Pass Speed: 78
Shot Accuracy: 64
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: 64
Curling: 69
Jump: 85
Technique: 76
Aggression: 60
Mentality: 79
Team Work: 78

Condition/Fitness: 5
Weaker Foot Accuracy: 4
Weaker Foot Frequency: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Marking

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
S07 - Man Marking

Club: Real Oviedo
Name: CÉSAR Martín | 1997 - 1999
Number: 21

Attack: 63
Defence: 82
Balance: 85
Stamina: 86
Top Speed: 81
Acceleration: 78
Response: 82
Agility: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 72
Dribble Speed: 74
Short Pass Accuracy: 70
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 69
Long Pass Speed: 76
Shot Accuracy: 63
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 63
Curling: 66
Header: 79
Jump: 86
Technique: 75
Aggression: 65
Mentality: 76
Team Work: 75

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Marking

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
S07 - Man Marking

Club: Hércules CF
Name: CÉSAR Martín | 2007 - 2009
Number: 20

Attack: 60
Defence: 82
Balance: 84
Stamina: 81
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 75
Response: 78
Agility: 73
Dribble Accuracy: 73
Dribble Speed: 72
Short Pass Accuracy: 72
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 71
Long Pass Speed: 76
Shot Accuracy: 64
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 64
Curling: 69
Jump: 81
Technique: 76
Aggression: 60
Mentality: 74
Team Work: 76

Condition/Fitness: 5

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Marking

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
S07 - Man Marking

Explanations:
We've used this set by JuLiTo for his last season at Castellón as the base to build the others from. César was a strong, reliable and effective central defender. While technically decent, he was never prone to fancy moves and just concentrated on getting his job done. His main strenght was his sense of positioning, which combined with a pretty strong jumping made him a true stronghold in the air, and boosted his already good marking skills too. Also had a nice passing ability but, since he usually opted for short secure passes we've kept his SPA and LPA at white levels.

His peak as a footballer came at the central years of his Deportivo era, but physically his frequent injuries had started to undermine him, so in terms of pure physique (speed, response, jump) he was probably a bit better in his earlier days, and we tried to reflect that in his Oviedo era set (when he was in his early 20s, he also had a good pace off and on the ball). The third set depicts his years of decline, when injuries and seasons of very limited activity (played very little in his final Deportivo years and at Levante) had already taken their toll.

Korinov

Postby Plava Čigra » 2011 Sep 27, 11:40

Cold_Mac wrote:
Name: James Quinn

Nickname: *The Mighty Quinn*

Club: Celtic
Era: 1904-1910
Name: Jimmy Quinn
Shirt Name: Quinn
Number: 9
Positions: CF, WF
Nationality: irish _irl heritage but played for scottish _sco national team.

Height: 178 cm
Weight: 76 kg

Attack: 90
Defence: 30
Balance: 96
Stamina: 82
Acceleration: 81
Dribble Accuracy: 84
Dribble Speed: 80
Long Pass Accuracy: 74
Long Pass Speed: 73
Shot Accuracy: 85
Shot Power: 96
Shot Technique: 87
Curling: 71
Aggression: 88
Mentality: 91

Weak Foot Accuracy: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Dribbling
Scoring
Post Player
Middle Shooting

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P11 – Long Ranger
S05 - 1-touch play

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: OFF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growth Type: Late Peak
Consistency: 6

INFO:

"He was the keystone in the greatest team the Celts ever had.
James Quinn is recognised as the greatest centre forward we have ever possessed, and we have had many fine leaders...A strong robust player possessed of a wonderful pair of shopulders which he used to great advantage and more fairly than he was given credit for. Quinn was subjected to a lot of abuse in the course of his fourteen years service.
He seldom objected to anything done to himself, but deeply resented ill-treatment to any of his colleagues, all less able to stand up to it."
Willie Maley

"With the deep chest and muscular shoulders of a charging bison he shed festoons of clinging opponents as he hurtled goalwards.
He could dribble and had some outstanding solo runs to his credit, wbut with four forwards who knew all there was to be known about the art, he normally filled the role of rushing their passes to fruition. His left shot was furious [the World Encyclopedia described it "as the hardest shot ever seen in Scotland"]. Repeatedly it stretched the back of the net so taut that the ball rebounded into play ["remember, this balls, when wet, could weigh a ton" Tommy Gemmell]...Even when stumbling under the attentions of the defence he could momentarily retain enough purchase to part with the ball before stretching his length on the ground.
His performances on the field were so famous that even the pencils of reporters in the ranks of Tuscany were compelled to limn his greatness in phrases like "Quinn on Saturday, with all his power, dash and deadliness";"the ever watchful Quinn, ready to spring or burst through when an opening presented itself or fasten on a stray ball, played to his reputation"[eye-sighted];"Quinns bustling bolts and maxim shootings":"Quinns thrilling runs and maxim shooting";"notably Quinn who beat almost the Clyde team himself.";"No centre going equals the Celt in holding on to the ball when pressed and getting in a shot by hook or by crook under great impediments."
James E. Handley

Started as a "hard running left winger" he began his Celtic career rather unspectacular but as the centre-forward was once injured, Willie Maley moved Jimmy Quinn to the CF position and he began to become the Mighty Quinn.
In the Scottish Cup Final of 1901 he stormed through 6 (six!) defenders while they tried to hack him off his feet, of course scored and in his own words "I used to play with the blood running down into my boots."
After he scored again the Scottish Cup Final against Rangers in 1904 after Celtic were 0:2 down till the score was 3:2 in favour of Celtic his fame sprayed all over the world.
He single-handed destroyed Rangers and in the coming Old-Firms he was marked by three defenders of the three-man Rangers defence!
Quinn still was able to score, even though it was disallowed twice by the referee.
There were darksides as well as he was sent-off against Rangers in his most loved game, the Old Firm, as he allegedly trampled on Alec Craig in 1905 and in 1907 for purportedly kicking Joe Hendry.
But he was capable of destroying the english team as well as he played for Scotland against them in 1908 and the newspaper reports reported "Scotlands attack seemed at times to be simply Quinn, all Quinn and nothing but Quinn."
He loved the big occasion, beat the English League Team as well in a single-sided match in 1909.
On Christmas day in the same year he scored his most beautiful goal against Kilmarnock as he shoulder-barged his way through 8 Kilmarnock players and finished in a typical Quinn way, low and hard.
Doesn't sound like a nice guy does it? Well, he was one.
Very humble in his nature, I think this story is the best paraphrasize of his personality and is recorded in his book and various other sources:
After his professional time Jimmy, as always lived in Coronation Row, Croy. It was in the late 20's, when a future Celtic hero called Jimmy Delaney went to see the the famous Quinn in his house.
The two Jimmys talked affably with each other, however much the younger was overawed by the presence of the older one. Just as Delaney was about to leave, Quinn showed him all his medals, which he kept in a biscuit tin and ended up by saying "Hera are ya, son, just tak wan." Such was the humility of the Mighty Quinn.

And to give some statement about the stats so that it is clear I did not just make them up.

Physical values: Any reasoning needed? Read the info text. His agility is that high because he turned into different directions while being hacked, had a general movement ability and used his strength very wise.

Technical values: To keep the ball under controll - even in those raw, anarchic times with this medicine balls - you need some ball controll and I described him mainly as barging through his opponents, but in the various newspaper reports I have read, there are rather dribblings described than pure power. So at least he had the talent for an average dribbling values and needed a very good touch and close controll as he was marked brutally close for that time.

Mental values: You need some kind of mental strength if you want to be at the top of the game and especially in those days you had to be tough.
The centre forwards and wingers at most and he was both. There are various reports about "severe treatment by opponents" and his own "blood running" quote to underline that. Furthermore his strongest games were the big ones and it is one part of mental toughness if you like high-pressure atmosphere. His leadership qualities are testified by WIllie Maley and team mates even though he wasn't the captain as this was Sunny Jim Young but in fairness, Young was the greatest Captain Celtic ever had.

And to give proper information on the size of player he was:
Celtic were unbeatable the best football team in the Edwardian Era, becoming Champions from 1905-1910/14-17 and were unbeaten in 62 games in a row.
They had one of the biggest and certainly one of the most modern stadiums in the world around 1905 and games between the English League pick/national team - back in the time they had a fundament to think they are unbeatable as they usually were ! - and the scottish one were highly competitive and were held a ceremonial two times per year, once at Hampden and once at Wembley and Scotland was the major opponent back then for the English players as outside of this there were certainly brillant, all time heroes but these were mainly individuals and their countries lacked in the developed, logistical part of the game and of course, in the general strengths of players. How things have turned around :lol: Well, at least in the 30's the Austrian developed a magnificent football which marks down the downfall.
So, Jimmy Quinn was, as credited, the best forward of the Edwardian football era in one the biggest clubs in britain, who won 11 out of 15 times the league between 1905-1919 and the highly competitive scottish cup 5 out of 9 times between 1905 and 1914/15 which marks down the time Quinn spent at Celtic.
Hope it does not appear as a cheap fan-boys opinion-

SOURCES: - to name the major
An Alphabet of the Celts, 1994
Jimmy Quinn: Celtic first goalscoring hero, 2007
World Encyclopedia of Football, 1978
http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Quinn ... 1900-15%29
http://www.croyhistorical.org.uk/jimmy-quinn
http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/oUzwv ... GW1075H813

First, if I was a nitpicker I would ask wouldn't SP: 96 make him overpowered since he also liked to keep his shots low and precise in some situations? On the other hand you didn't gave him too high SA and ST so maybe just reduction to SP: 95, but that's up too you since you know him better then I do.

Second, how did you rate his passing values? I couldn't find sentences describing his passing skills. From your info he sounds like LPS>LPA player, but that's only based on his strong shot combined with his first primary position as WF.

Third, based on the texts shouldn't his Dribble Speed be higher? It's hard for me to suggest precise number but based on his runs through many defenders he needed also speed with the ball beside his ferocious strength (even the strongest players can't carry 2-3 defenders on their shoulders and still face the ones in front of them; because of that it seems to me that his DS might be higher, but maybe I'm wrong since I don't have same amount of info about him as you have).

Fourth, his Growth type should be Standard/Lasting IMHO. Late peak is given to those players who manage to show most of their potential in their 30s and maintain it for brief period of time (1-2 seasons).

Fifth, is his era 1904-1910 or 1904-1908 since you've put Age: 26-30?

Sixth (just a suggestion), you could write Stats Explanations a bit more precise and try to compare him more with great CF's from his time if you're familiar with them (if you want to compare him with some of the Before 1930s players done on PSD, feel free to contact me before that since some of those players aren't still updated to proper standards).

Beside these questions, from the research I've done I would say that you're stats look pretty solid and I will most probably approve them as soon as we deal with these few suggestions/questions I made in the previous part of this post.

Plava Čigra

Postby jurgens » 2011 Sep 27, 11:47

@Korinov, did you work with julito on all three of these sets?

jurgens

Next

Return to Classics