Examples of "new" standards.

Moderator: Mod's

Examples of "new" standards.

Postby ingus » 2012 Jun 12, 12:21

To make easier for people to understand the new standards, I'm going to post 3-5 sets which I feel are good examples of "new standards" with explanaitions. I'd appreciate if every mod whos 100% sure on the standards and sets to do the same in this thread, use explanations too. As a warning though... if the sets aren't in sync with the new standards and I feel they are confusing. I'm going to delete them. I'm sorry it's harsh, but we need absolute clarity on this.
As classic mod, I'll do a few of the high level of the scale, these will be among the best of the best so you will get an idea of the scales used.

First set is Riquelme.

Spoiler: show
[/b]

His lack of speed and agility highlight his lack of use of these attributes (lower could be a good idea too). He doesn't need high values, as he is neither fast nor does it mean anything to his game. His game revolves around holding off players with his immesne balance and keeping the ball away from the opposition with his accurate dribbling. Hes not fast on the ball or off it, he doesn't need to be. He doesn't make killer passes everytime hes on the ball, but when he does they are fantastic... grounded or short. He has the ability to open up the game with his passing, and he dictates the game like a master. The high attack is to show his overall attacking intelligence. His eye for a pass, his ability to maintain possession through dribbling and passing, his ability to be a real threat from range if he gets the chance. His TW is low, as he doesn't need to move much... it's not necessary. His play making ability is represented through his other stats and cards/stars.

Second set is later years Romario.

His speed, stamina and agility have greatly diminished, and now play a very minor part in his game. His technical abilities however, are mostly intact. When he gets a chance, it's usually at least a very good effort. Any kind of shot that comes to him, it can result in a goal. His placement is still among the best in the world, though not flawless anymore. He can hit anywhere in the goal he wants, and quite consistently. His passes have little pace, but they are quite accurate and he uses them to open up the game. Though his stamina and overall physical condition is quite bad, when he needs to, hes able to up his game and exert himself that much more to get a result, even in dire circumstances. When a situation presented itself, he'd suddenly have a burst of enegry and was able to capitalize on it. These are the reasons for his high mentality.

Third is a pure poacher, trezeguet.

not much to say, but a king of poaching. Not really any need for technical abilities or speed. His game revolved around getting on the end of things, and finishing them in anyway he could. The type of shot that was nessacry didn't really matter, he could convert anything that came to him.

Fourth is cafu in his later years.

Club: AC Milan

Stamina might be a little inflated, but the idea is right. Technically still great, physically still quite fast. Low response as it's not important to side backs, and keeps them in their position. The high teamwork is to represent his supportive nature in the side of midfield, he doesn't venture from the side, but hes there up and down if a player close to him needs a passing outlet.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
ingus

by »

Re: Examples of "new" standards.

Postby Korinov » 2012 Jun 12, 12:28

Great idea. I like it so much, I'm taking this spot as a reserve to post my sets/explanations 8-) I won't be using very well known players.

Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Postby gotaa » 2012 Jun 19, 00:49

Let's see if some of this are useful. I'll try to add more later. To begin, 2 strikers of Argentine 2nd division:

First, a giant CF, typical Fox in the box. Compensates his lack of speed with a good physical strenght, which combined with a decent DA (for AFA 2nd Div), which makes him be able to retain the ball and play the Post Player role. Hasn't much mobility, in fact, spends most of the match walking -literally- near the box waiting for a cross to come to his position. Header is his main advantage (doesn't need a higher Jump, wins in aerial battles mainly because of his height) and despite his slowness, -looking contradictory- manages to dribble away some defenders from times to times, even in long distances. Despite looking mostly a 'white' set, he keeps being a menace with these stats in this league. You can think his STA could be high for what I describe, but I tend to rate players a few points above, because in tournaments, if not, they must be replaced in 2-3 matches, whilst he's a constant player in the starting line-up and almost never is replaced.
Club: Patronato
Name: Matías QUIROGA
Positions: CF
Nationality: Argentinian

Height: 196 cm
Weight: 93 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: B

Attack: 79
Defence: 34
Balance: 85
Stamina: 73
Top Speed: 71
Acceleration: 64
Response: 78
Agility: 68
Dribble Accuracy: 77
Dribble Speed: 76
Short Pass Accuracy: 70
Short Pass Speed: 73
Long Pass Accuracy: 72
Long Pass Speed: 70
Shot Accuracy: 77
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: 78
Free Kick Accuracy: 65
Curling: 73
Header: 84
Jump: 76
Technique: 73
Aggression: 84
Mentality: 74
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 71

Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Tactical Dribble
Positioning
Post Player

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P19 - Fox in the Box

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: S/OFF

Second, the top scorer of this 2011/2012 season in Argentina if we take into account the first 2 divisions. Castillejos is the reflect of Palermo: a non-technical player with an great killer instinct for being at the right place, in the right moment, in order to score. Even he hasn't good shooting abilities, many of his goals come from rebounds or just for pushing the ball from near the goal. An absolute goal poacher, I don't have the precise number, but has scored more than 25 goals taking into account League matches and Argentine Cup in around 40 matches.
Club: Rosario Central
Name: Gonzalo CASTILLEJOS
Position: CF
Nationality: Argentinian

Height: 184 cm
Weight: 70 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: B

Attack: 83
Defence: 30
Balance: 82
Stamina: 77
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 79
Response: 84
Agility: 72
Dribble Accuracy: 76
Dribble Speed: 70
Short Pass Accuracy: 71
Short Pass Speed: 70
Long Pass Accuracy: 70
Long Pass Speed: 68
Shot Accuracy: 76
Shot Power: 75
Shot Technique: 80
Free Kick Accuracy: 65
Curling: 65
Header: 80
Jump: 78
Technique: 75
Aggression: 89
Mentality: 77
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 70

Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Positioning
Scoring

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P13 - Goal Poacher
S04 - PK Taker

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: S/OFF

Last edited by gotaa on 2012 Jun 19, 22:32, edited 2 times in total.
gotaa

Postby Akiak » 2012 Jun 19, 11:15

Jurgens' classic Nakamura set looks like a good candidate.

Akiak

Postby Fixer » 2012 Jun 19, 17:05

Good job, good examples. This thread should be high-lighted, some people asked for something like this and I'm pretty sure they'll find It useful.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby Basilio » 2012 Aug 20, 03:19

I'd like to add this viewtopic.php?f=465&t=25841&p=356139#p356139 Like my father likes to call him: Pre-historic player. he doesnt have any ounce of technique, nor speed/agility/stamina. Apart from the extreme values he is rated at the aspects aforementioned where he lacks, there are 2 characteristics I want to mention in this particular case, his SPA and TW: 1. A value of 68 for a DM who's passing succes ratio is not as bad as one would picture, its gonna be controversial, but is notorious the needed ability to succed the passes he doesnt fail( back and easy side ways ) is hardly professional, without going deep into the horrible misplaced passes...-Worth a mention, 68 is not as bad as one would think it to be- A value like this forces to play just like him IRL, without trying to be adventurous 2. I consistenly criticize him for his non existent support, which leads to long balling from the back. He can sometimes attempt to support the side backs( with slooow jogging, nothing a 71 doesnt cover ) but his extremelyy unlikely to not be static. Again the effect of 71 tw is not as crappy.

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby viktoristus » 2014 Jan 24, 16:00

How many players (or which regions particularly) remain to be updated to these new standards? For example, in FK Austria Wien, the last update for most of the players was in 2011 - there I can see it was not yet updated, but how to distinguish other "outdated" players - is there any general basic "tweak" which is applied to those players (lower Def, Men, TW, Cond)?

viktoristus

Postby Fixer » 2014 Jan 24, 16:05

There are some sections that haven't been worked on for a bit. We are still considering on reducing them to a few 'essential' teams due to this. Even though I don't work in those sections I beg you pardon. It's hard to explain for me how to distinguish them from 'old standard' players as I don't really like the term 'standards', but I guess you'll get it if you check around the forum in the main leagues (players with unnecesarily high response, limited attack if they are midfielders, unnecesarily high agility) and so on. Dunno how to say it, I think that if you check around enough you'll difference them yourself, even though there are of course exceptions.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Return to Attributes analysed and explained