Why are arrows never taken into account?

Moderator: Mod's

Why are arrows never taken into account?

Postby qwertyfinger » 2011 Jun 27, 20:37

On the forum I've found MANY people rating players on highlights rather than their overall game, many players' performances fluctuate and with the form, which deciphers what their form is in game and how consistent they are should be relative to real life, rather than players having overrated stats which when taking into account form will give them unreal stats. A perfect example being the Ledley King thread were nothing was done. Form and arrows should be used more when rating stats rather than players being given ridiculous values in stats due to highlights, I'm looking at you Glen Johnson/Nani.

qwertyfinger

by »

Re: Why are arrows never taken into account?

Postby Nrby » 2011 Jun 27, 21:15

arrows are generally taken a bit into account ... but the way konami thought them up is stupid ... as physical for doesn't fluctuate that much ... mental and technical stats should be the ones that oscillate more ... gray and red arrows are flukes if you ask me that shouldn't exist ... there is no form in the world that makes a player 12% faster on a "good day" ... I personally use arrows just to have a bit of variety so I can rotate some players ... but a red arrow (not to mention the gray one) completely changes a player almost beyond recognition

Nrby

Postby Fixer » 2011 Jun 27, 21:44

I try to have in mind the double effect arrows have since the last pes, specially on new sets and updates...but It's not something I have been updating everywhere. I aree with Nrby on that point...

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby jurgens » 2011 Jun 28, 03:37

Nrby wrote: but a red arrow (not to mention the gray one) completely changes a player almost beyond recognition

Exactly. Arrows are another poorly executed idea by konami. In game playing with konami defaults, I can replace any of the stars in my master league team with just an average to bad player who playing on a red arrow. If you consider arrows, you'd have to make some truly messed up players. Konami doesn't conisder arrows either.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby čale » 2011 Jun 28, 08:47

the "arrow system" is crap, that's why me and my friends always play on "all green", and yes the gray and red arrows are one of the dumbest things in the game...

Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
čale

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Jun 28, 14:07

Nrby wrote:arrows are generally taken a bit into account ... but the way konami thought them up is stupid ... as physical for doesn't fluctuate that much ... mental and technical stats should be the ones that oscillate more ... gray and red arrows are flukes if you ask me that shouldn't exist ... there is no form in the world that makes a player 12% faster on a "good day" ... I personally use arrows just to have a bit of variety so I can rotate some players ... but a red arrow (not to mention the gray one) completely changes a player almost beyond recognition

Spot on Nrby. The fact that a red arrow makes you faster, stronger, gives you more energy etc., with the grey arrow doing the opposite, makes absolutely no sense. One of the main reasons why I hardly play ML or League or whatever.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby BigStu » 2011 Jun 28, 16:10

I've always doubted the arrow system effects, I've lost count of the number of times I put red/yelllow arrow player into my team and they've been bloody awful, and also the numbr of times that I've risked a blue (and on a rare occasion played with greys arrows due to incompetence) and they've played like you'd expect on a red day....

BigStu

Postby jurgens » 2011 Jun 28, 16:14

I think the better question is... Paddy, why are you on an alt account talking about how players are rated poorly, in the league that you are in charge of? I mean wtf? hahah weird.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Imnus » 2011 Nov 08, 15:54

Nrby wrote:arrows are generally taken a bit into account ... but the way konami thought them up is stupid ... as physical for doesn't fluctuate that much ... mental and technical stats should be the ones that oscillate more ... gray and red arrows are flukes if you ask me that shouldn't exist ... there is no form in the world that makes a player 12% faster on a "good day" ... I personally use arrows just to have a bit of variety so I can rotate some players ... but a red arrow (not to mention the gray one) completely changes a player almost beyond recognition

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to say something about this because this is something that I consider really important.

I kinda agree to some extent with this, but I would say that even though Physical doesn't fluctuate as much, a player can be indeed 12% faster on a "good day", I would even say 20%, the problem is that this is very rare, realistically a player would only play about 5 games a season in this form. Basically the only problem with this is the high frequency that extreme arrows have.

On the other hand removing the arrows is a really bad idea. For example in ML this is really important, and is one of the reasons to play youngsters, because they more than older players, play closer to their potential when on high form, but are not so useful on regular and worse forms. The problem is that is so easily to attain red arrows that you can play with a team full of youngsters almost every game and still win a lot even in the highest difficulty.

Another thing is that there should be separate forms one physical and one mental. The physical one should fluctuate slowly and constantly, and depend on Form, while the mental should fluctuate more rapidly and erratically and depend on Mentality/Tenacity, but still be affected by match performances.

Imnus

Postby adieet » 2011 Nov 08, 16:50

I thought the percentage is different for each stats (almost) ?
Just for example.
Red arrow TS will increase it for 9% while red arrow ACC will increase it for 12%. However, on a grey stats TS will decrease at 12% and ACC will decrease at 18%. A DA at red or gray arrow will increase/decrease at 9%. On "Injured state" TS will decrease at 24%, and at "Just recovered from injury.....I don't know how to say it" it'll decrease at 4.8%

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
adieet

Return to Attributes analysed and explained