Player Index 2011: A General View

Moderator: Mod's

Player Index 2011: A General View

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Nov 01, 11:46

Playstyle Cards

P01 - Classic No.10 (AM) (Offensive)
An old-style static playmaker who makes use of deft touches and passes rather than pace or movement.

P02 – Anchor Man (DM, CM) (Defensive)
A deep sitting defensive midfielder protecting the back line.

P03 – Trickster (SB, WB, SM, AM, WF, SS) (Offensive)
A skilled dribbler who uses the step-over to great effect in wizarding past the opposition.

P04 – Darting Run (SB, WB, SM, AM, WF, SS) (Offensive)
A pacey player who likes to get forward.

P05 – Mazing Run (SB, WB, SM, AM, WF, SS) (Offensive)
A great dribbler whose quick turns and dummies are a handful for any defence.

P06 – Pinpoint Pass (SW, CB, SB, DM, WB, CM) (Offensive)
A long ball expert who can play quality passes from deep.

P07 – Early Cross (SB, WB, CM, SM, AM, WF) (Offensive)
A player with great vision who won't miss the chance to hit an early cross.

P08 – Box to Box (DM, CM, SM, AM) (Offensive)
The indefatigable all-action player covering every blade of grass for the full 90.

P09 – Cut Back Pass (SB, WB, SM, AM, WF, SS) (Offensive)
A player who likes to shoot across goal to bring others into play.

P10 – Incisive Run (SB, WB, SM, AM, WF, SS) (Offensive)
A dribbler whose expertise is to cut in from the wide areas looking for goal scoring opportunities.

P11 – Long Ranger (SW, CB, SB, DM, WB, CM, SM, AM, SS) (Offensive)
A player who needs no invitation to shoot and will always try to create space for a shot.

P12 – Enforcer (DM, CM) (Defensive)
A tough combative player whose sole purpose is to keep the opposition attack in check.

P13 – Goal Poacher (SS, CF) (Offensive)
A predatory striker who plays off the shoulders of the last defender.

P14 – Dummy Runner (SS, CF) (Offensive)
A player who attracts the defence to create space for other players to exploit.

P15 – Free Roaming (CM, SM, AM, SS) (Offensive)
A player with a keen eye for goal who surges forward at any given opportunity.

P16 – Extra Attacker (SW, CB) (Offensive)
An offensive-minded center half who orchestrates the attack from the back.

P17 – Chasing Back (SS, CF) (Defensive)
A forward who likes to track back and help out the defence.

P18 – Talisman (CM, SM, AM) (Offensive)
The talisman who can drive the entire team forward.

P19 – Fox in the Box (CF) (Offensive)
A striker who lurks in the opposition 18 yard box just waiting for the ball.

Skill Cards

S01 – Marauding
The player will regularly run in behind the defence and go for goal.

S02 – Passer
The player will create goal scoring opportunities with perfectly timed passes.

S03 – 1-on-1 Finish
Makes 1-on-1’s easier to put away.

S04 – PK Taker
Makes the player a better penalty taker.

S05 – 1-touch play
Improves the player’s first touch when passing and shooting.

S06 – Outside Curve
Improves touch when using the outside of the foot.

S07 – Man Marking
Makes the player stay tight on the opponent when marking.

S08 – Slide Tackle
Improves the player’s ability to slide tackle.

S09 – Covering
Player will provide better cover for any space left by teammates.

S10 – DF Leader
Makes offside traps more effective.

S11 – Penalty Saver
Improves chances of saving penalties.

S12 – 1-on-1 Keeper
Makes it harder for the opposition to score in 1-on-1 situations.

S13 – Long throw
Improves the range on long throws.

S14 – Speed Merchant
Enables Special High Speed Turns.

S15 - Shoulder Feint Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Matthews Feint and the Upper Body Feint.

S16 – Roulette Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Marseille Roulette or the One-footed Roulette.

S17 – Flip Flap Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Flip Flap or Reverse Flip Flap.

S18 - Turning Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Cross Over Turn.

S19 – Scissors Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Step Over Techniques including Step Over Dummy and Reverse Step Over Dummy.

S20 – Flicking Skills
Improves technique and precision when Lifting the Ball or executing the Rainbow Flick.

S21 – Step On Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the L Feint, Drag Back Turn, Drag Back, Backheel Feint or when taking touches with the sole of your foot.

S22 – Side Stepping Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Sideway Dribble, Sideway Scissors and Sideway Step Over.

S23 – Super-Sub
Improves player’s abilities when introduced late in the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes

In P Cards

There is no more the previous SB cards: P01 – Overlapping Run & P02 – Deep Cover. So, now we should subtract two from each card's number of last year, like P03 -> P01 or P21 -> P19.

The only change in this section is the name of the previous P06 – Speed Merchant card. As you know, it's now called P04 – Darting Run.

Also SW position is added to each relevant card as it's back with 2011.

In S Cards

There is some additions and name changes.

2010's S01 – Reaction -> S01 – Marauding

S14 – Speed Merchant is a new card (it has nothing to do with the old P card Speed Merchant) and by checking the players who have it, we can comfortably say that it's a special one which is for special players. In the default database, Konami's given this card to only 16 players (or all I could find: Arshavin, Wright-Phillips, Krasic, Alexis Sanchez, Piatti, Villa, Messi, Ronaldo, Capel, Ribery, Robben, Elia, Donovan (Dotan :mrgreen:), Tamada, M. Moralez and S. Blanco). I think that everyone's got the logic of it now. Also I strongly recommend you to see the effect of this card by yourself giving it to any player who doesn't have it and seeing the difference in his dribbling style. By the way, it's definitely nothing to do with the previous S14 – Quick Turn card as well. You know, Quick Turn is the Cruyff Turn. I've tried many players (not all) and seen that Vela, Drogba, Nani, Rooney, Ronaldo from them can do this trick. They've only a card commonly: S18 - Turning Skills. For example knowing that Rooney had Quick Turn card, didn't have Cross Over Turn card in 2010 and now has S18 in 2011, we can say that in fact, Quick Turn and Cross Over Turn tricks are now combined with one card: S18. Also I eat my post about that in the 2010 cards thread. :D Terry can't do it of course..

S15 - Shoulder Feint Skills is a newly added card.

The old S15 – Marseille Roulette & S16 – One-footed Roulette cards are now combined with the S16 – Roulette Skills card.

2010's S17 – Elastico -> S17 – Flip Flap Skills

2010's S18 – Cross Over Turn -> S18 - Turning Skills (As I mentioned a few ago, it also includes the Quick Turn skill.)

2010's S19 – Quick Scissors Dribble -> S19 – Scissors Skills

2010's S20 – Scooping -> S20 – Flicking Skills (Also see the explanation.)

S21 – Step On Skills is another new card.

S22 – Side Stepping Skills is a new one as well.

2010's S21 – Super-Sub -> S23 – Super-Sub

Feints Guide

Credits and Sources

the 2010 cards thread here (by Nrby), neoseeker.com and me for arranging them. :)

Last edited by Kanouté on 2010 Nov 08, 17:44, edited 4 times in total.
Kanouté

by »

Re: Player Index 2011: A General View

Postby CollinK » 2010 Nov 18, 11:43

Nice!! been looking for this... thnx-a-bunch

CollinK

Postby tasmin » 2010 Dec 27, 15:51

in pes 2011 daring run acts as overlapping run for SB or WB or SMF.if a side player don't have incisive run he would stuck at the side and with darting run he moves forward to join the attack by the side.but rarely will go to the center or in to the box.but with darting run + incisive run he will make some runs towards the box.
in my best 11 i played with fucile as a LB and zabaleta as a RB.i give fucile darting run but didn't give it to zabaleta.and moreover they both don't have incisive run.so when i play fucile made those forward runs along the left side but never moves to the box or center but zabaleta made those runs lately or even sometimes didn't make a run.but fucile always made those forward runs by the side very quickly.
so in pes 2010 the players had overlapping run could have darting run in pes 2011.because the affect is the same !

vamos arriba la celeste !
tasmin

Postby Kanouté » 2011 Feb 10, 16:25

Einstein, I wish you had checked the previous pages before shouting about your invention. :|

Das ist das! wrote:

I've checked the card shape(same - meaning the picture in the game), the damn Konami explanation(same), the player positions that are appliable for this card and the number p06-2>p04, in comparison with 2010's sm card. so, thought that everything is ok for the translation.

Das ist das! wrote:

as a simple example, if it would be the way you think, why on earth would it (overlapping run) be appliable for an AMF or a SS now?

ad3m4nz wrote:

why would they make overlapping and then forget about deep cover, Darting run is similar to Speed merchant P-card of 2010, deepcover and overlapping runs are controlled by player attack defense tendencies now which we cain include balanced, solely defensive and solely offensive.

Das ist das! wrote:

Ajacied, as regards your test, I think it's sort of a psychological situation. you watched the sidebacks as you never did before and you thought that the card worked. on the other hand, the card might have affected the player similarly to overlapping run of course. cuz the old speed merchant card and its 2011 version darting run could affect the player to be more pacey as its explanation says. aand don't forget the a/d awareness thing here. maybe you have played with a player who has off or s/off for a/d awareness.
hmm, I guess that people is having a misunderstanding because of the cards' name template. you know, "...ing run".
anyway, if you think that van aanholt deserves the overlapping run card of 2010, you should give him offensive or solely offensive a/d awareness in basic settings. if its his style being a speed merchant of 2010, you can give him p04-darting run as well.

Kanouté

Postby JMVP » 2011 Apr 01, 18:29

tasmin wrote:(...) when i play fucile made those forward runs along the left side but never moves to the box or center but zabaleta made those runs lately or even sometimes didn't make a run.but fucile always made those forward runs by the side very quickly.
so in pes 2010 the players had overlapping run could have darting run in pes 2011.because the affect is the same !

Fucile has *side on his default stats. Try it with another one.

JMVP

Previous

Return to Attributes analysed and explained