Freekick Accuracy - different definitions ?

Moderator: Mod's

Freekick Accuracy - different definitions ?

Postby midnight » 2012 Jun 13, 22:04

KONAMI gives high FKA to players that are verry precise in playing them, DIrect or Indirect.
PSD give most of the time (if not all ) a high value in this attribute to only players that are precise in shooting directly ( like scoring or being dangerous/near post )
this question is troubling me for a while now, i just wanted to know if a high FKA value would give a player more precise freekick whens trying to reach a teamate . i know that his (the player) Passing skills are determining in this specific situation but maybe it has some truth in it .
EXAMPLES: Yohan Gourcuff has some verry precise when attempting to make several aerial assist in a season , from long or schort distances,but he doesn't score much almost never.dispite that KONAMI gave him an 86 in pes 2012 and a surprising 88 in both pes 2010 and 2011.
I tried Gourcuff with FKA 88 CURL 88 ,i didn't touch any passing value.and i tried some aerial assists .
Gourcuff with FKA 1 CURL 88,didn't touch any passing value.and did the same as above.
No noitceable differences,i could do assist with both Gourcuffs , even though KONAMI is giving those high FKA valuse to players that makes frequent assists on Freekicks over several versions, i followed Gourcuff's case through a long period (same high FKA).

I just want some more explanations on this attribute regarding KONAMI's values and the huge difference with PSD's one.
NOTE: i remarked this on many players not only Lyon's N 8, players that didn't have dangerous FKs with those values.
sorry if i did some mistakes in the text ;) .

Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
I'm gay
See Shiterable? There's nothing to be ashamed of

midnight

by »

Re: Freekick Accuracy - different definitions ?

Postby bitz » 2012 Jun 14, 06:21

midnight wrote:this question is troubling me for a while now, i just wanted to know if a high FKA value would give a player more precise freekick whens trying to reach a teamate . i know that his (the player) Passing skills are determining in this specific situation but maybe it has some truth in it .

I believe this is true, noticed that when playing with Boca, I could easily reach teammates from set pieces with Riquelme ( default FKA=95). Even If I didn't aim precisely where I wanted the ball to go, It seemed like the ball would take a "predefined" course (probably due to the high FKA) towards my teammates. So its is likely that in set pieces FKA/Place Kicking takes over and LPA has no effect. We should review all players who are good at providing assists from dead ball situations. I'm talking about PES12

Visit my alt thread: http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=1011&t=25348
bitz

Postby BigStu » 2012 Jun 14, 11:54

lets bump up players then due to this

then complain when they start scoring in game

BigStu

Postby midnight » 2012 Jun 14, 12:56

BigStu wrote:lets bump up players then due to this

i'm not trying to change any thing , i just wanted to know why KONAMI is doing this ,their's a reason ,they can't give that kind of players those high values just because they want to . . .

I'm gay

midnight

Postby Kerry » 2012 Jun 14, 14:14

bitz wrote:I could easily reach teammates from set pieces with Riquelme ( default FKA=95).

I don't think it's the best example, since he has world-class crossing stats.

mracho wrote: Well, then he/she was an idiom with a T at the end.

Farés L'arrogante Image
Kerry

Postby vinnie » 2012 Jun 14, 15:20

BigStu wrote:lets bump up players then due to this

But honestly I have way more difficulty scoring with high FKA low CURL players then low FKA and high CURL.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
vinnie

Postby Fantasista » 2012 Jun 14, 16:07

midnight wrote:i'm not trying to change any thing , i just wanted to know why KONAMI is doing this ,their's a reason ,they can't give that kind of players those high values just because they want to . . .

Well in the past most of PSD community thought that KONAMI doesn't know anything so they completely ignored them. Now we have what vicingo73 called "Konamizating of PSD" and in some aspects we are almost copying Konami. Personally I thing the best solution is somewhere in the middle. Konami made some great sets for players(esp for stars) and big differences in stats which they do is a good idea but in lots of cases we shouldn't care what they've done.

Agree with you, but completely not
Fantasista

Postby Review » 2012 Jun 14, 17:18

Shot Accuracy also has an effect on FKA. Something to consider when rating FKA. Been this way since the PES series started.

Review

Postby midnight » 2012 Jun 14, 17:32

Review wrote:Shot Accuracy also has an effect on FKA. Something to consider when rating FKA. Been this way since the PES series started.

well, i did many experiences with Roman since i first posted here: in instance a set with : FKA 91 CURL 96 LPA 92 LPS 86 SA 1.
CONCLUSION:i could score freekicks from almost everywhere 35-20 meters easily, i really don't think that it has somethin to do with scoring freekicks or even makaing an aerial assist i'll post a video illustrating what i said . . .

I'm gay

midnight

Postby jurgens » 2012 Jun 14, 18:17

Maybe because he has 90+ FKA and huge curl?

SA does have an effect. There is no doubht about it. I've always, always used CF's to take free-kicks when I don't have a natural freekick take on, and they are always decent.. while the players with similar FKA and low SA are just awful. Theres nothing to really debate about it.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby midnight » 2012 Jun 14, 20:54

Why don't you try it yourself ? well i did and i posted my results.
It's FKAccuracy why does it have to need SA ? or does it stand there just to avoid the barrier ?

I'm gay

midnight

Postby jurgens » 2012 Jun 14, 21:10

don't you understand what I wrote? the guy you tested this with had 90+ FKA OF COURSE HES GOING TO BE GOOD AT FREEKIKCS
sa is just a bonus

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Anders » 2012 Jun 16, 03:02

Yeah SA does a small impact on Free kicks, that why I end up gave R. Ceni a higher SA even with he being a keeper.

vinnie wrote:But honestly I have way more difficulty scoring with high FKA low CURL players then low FKA and high CURL.

One thing, Konami always gives high FKA and generally less curl than us on great Free kick takers, like Ronaldinho FKA 89 Curl 90 (Us FKA 86 Curl 96) or Ronaldo FKA 93 Curl 85 (Us Fka 83 Curl 86).
Honestly I think the way we rate FKA makes a too big gap between any modern players and a classic one, we basically decrease the FKA of player because is easy to score and increase the Curl because the curl you can put in game is a shit, making very unbalanced when taking Free kicks, too easy at short range and too hard at long ones, when if Konami stats are in some cases more balanced and realistic.

Anders

Postby Review » 2012 Jun 22, 02:52

Midnight, LPA, not SA has an effect on FK crosses, or as you said: Aerial Assists. ;)

Review

Postby midnight » 2012 Jun 22, 11:22

that was for direct attempts.

I'm gay

midnight

Postby buszmen » 2012 Jun 22, 11:31

BTW. PSD is very generous in giving lowest values to player who will never make free kick, like for CB's. 64 is far to much, even Konami rate them 50+.

buszmen

Postby midnight » 2012 Jun 22, 13:18

yeah true i'v always wondered why PSD gives 60+ or even 70+ to players that doesn't take freekick at all.i mean giving them verry low values won't change a bit of the quality of the player.Players like Hazard who doesn't score FKs (at least not on purpose) gets a 79 .

I'm gay

midnight

Postby Review » 2012 Jun 22, 19:17

What about his passes? Does he create any goals from set pieces?

Review

Postby midnight » 2012 Jun 23, 00:23

He does aerial assists, but in accordance to psd's definition of FKA that doesn't count. and his passes are good just look at his set.
And as i said above, he doesn't score on purpose(he scores by trying to reach a teamate ).

I'm gay

midnight

Return to Attributes analysed and explained