Christian Eriksen

Moderators: Phil, Brahms, Jez, BigStu, Welbeck19, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Christian Eriksen

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Feb 21, 14:39

Phil

Re: Christian Eriksen

Postby Phil » 2017 Mar 22, 00:17

I've always seen him as an accurate shooter as well, should probably be low yellows for SA tbh as he is really good at hitting the corners from mid range outside the box and has good composure in front of goal too. I definitely agree with a bump in ATT & LPA too.
ArshNawaJ

Postby ArshNawaJ » 2017 Apr 23, 09:41

When looking at the passing stats,i don't understand whether eriksen is underrated or verratti is overated??
crispycracker

Postby crispycracker » 2017 May 06, 22:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9cRYtmYqRU

That assist for Dele in FA Cup was worth at least 89 value for me...and the amount of swerve he put into that ball was insane :shock:
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2017 Jul 08, 21:26

Hes such an under-rated player (not speaking about here), really just a genius. His ability to spot runs, spot runs even when players aren't even making runs is absolutely phenomenal... don't think there is anyone in the world better than him in this regard. Gotta be the definition of playmaking* Such an intelligent player, probably he is under-rated here still, but I'm not sure really, I woudn't say over a 90 in lpa is wrong for him, and more attack.
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2017 Jul 09, 00:41

actually i'm a bit surprised by that opinion because i've been keeping an eye on him for a while, i think he's technically a flawless passer and worth more spa, but he doesn't really create danger per se from what i've been seeing.

He's absolutely crucial for how he can flawlessly execute key passes, but he's never the one to make the direct through ball. I think Tottenham has built their current squad with incredible savvy, because i really don't think the core they've built their team around, the likes of dembele, eriksen, dele, kane, who are the core of their buildup and attack, would improve any title challenging team, or are players that top clubs really feel compelled to spend too much time/money chasing. They're all rounded players who are not dominant in their roles, but add up together to make a super effective buildup/offensive half of a team- one that's been top 2 for two seasons now.

Dembele is one of those players everyone loves- he's strong as an ox with a fantastic technical level, and has impressive speed, and his tackling has risen to a very decent level- but not enough to be a pure midfield holder, nor is his passing enough to make up for that fact. Eriksen is a flawless passer but i think he doesn't command a match and thread killer passes to the ability he can. I think he is probably an orange spa as high as 91, but he just uses that level of pass so seldomly- I have seen these passes though here and there the past season or two in matches. If you compare Eriksen to Dele you can see Dele has far more attacking instinct and creativity; when dele is engaging in an attack he's making dangerous touches, unpredictable turns or cuts, and impressive one touch passes to set up shots. Eriksen is just so important because of how technically good a passer he is, so he's the one the team has to rely on to make those passes only the best passers can make to shave a few seconds off of a transition into attack with the tightest margin key passes; he's the one to keep the team ticking with consistent passing, and technical prowess. I've had a set i've worked on casually for a while but didn't get comfortable enough to post yet, i started it because i saw that eriksen was way underrated in his passing/build up ability, (this was when he had 83 or something spa), but i'm working on other things and probably can't return to this for some time and so far what i have saved is this:

Spoiler: show
Attack: 81
Defence: 58
Balance: 78
Stamina: 85
Top Speed: 80
Acceleration: 83
Response: 73
Agility: 80
Dribble Accuracy: 86
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 89
Short Pass Speed: 85
Long Pass Accuracy: 87
Long Pass Speed: 87
Shot Accuracy: 77
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: 78
Free Kick Accuracy: 88
Curling: 90
Header: 68
Jump: 72
Technique: 89
Aggression: 79
Mentality: 74
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 90

i believe i made some slight further adjustments or changed my mind on some areas, but can't find where i saved that version. This is not what i consider a finished or convincing set, but it conveys some areas i see differences in and i hope it can be useful to bring up discussion on areas of his ability.
The only definites are that he's an orange/near orange spa, but doesn't deserve Passing*- also that his technique is underrated. I originally thought he's a pretty low sps like this set, but i vaguely recall seeing in other moments how comfortable he is to pass over a distance. i have no argument about sps though, it's just how the set i've saved is.

Anyways i haven't watched him in a few monthes now so i don't have anything to reference back to, but I'm interested in hearing more about what you think about him, i've watched quite a bit of spurs matches here or there and seen what vs vids i could and this is the impression i had. I'm also having a laugh trying to understand exactly what this means
His ability to spot runs, spot runs even when players aren't even making runs is absolutely phenomenal

i think, when players make runs but don't expect a pass or yell their head off trying to ask for a pass? Passes that come to them and their surprised they were spotted?
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2017 Jul 09, 01:17

i think he's technically a flawless passer and worth more spa,

meant to say, im specificaly talking about lpa, his short passing never impressed me much

His ability to spot runs, spot runs even when players aren't even making runs is absolutely phenomenal

he sees the run potential that a player doesn't, plays the pass before they are in position, and they follow his lead, talking about LPA again, thats the crucial part
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2017 Jul 09, 08:58

great posts, not conviced SPA needs to be higher, but agree fully on LP, was being conservative when I lat raised it,
Webad

Postby Webad » 2017 Jul 12, 20:55

He has pretty good stats for passing but I think he deserves a higher, around 90, superb passing skills, both short and long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTLfpv_ii-A

He also has a great shot, scores from freekicks and from 20 meters in games.
Yazid

Postby Yazid » 2017 Jul 15, 02:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTLfpv_ii-A - Just a glimpse of what he was about over the last season for those who didn't see him. Quite an outstanding player.

Also, from the matches I've seen on sky this year, I'm very surprised he hasn't been given orange curling here. Its not just curling with the inside of his boot he is phenomenal at, he can create wicked spin cutting across the ball and with the outside too (though less frequently).
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2017 Jul 16, 19:31

made some tweaks, what do you guys thunk?
Webad

Postby Webad » 2017 Jul 23, 10:42

Yazid

Postby Yazid » 2017 Jul 23, 11:29

BigStu wrote:made some tweaks, what do you guys thunk?

Good job Stu
moxolotl

Postby moxolotl » 2017 Aug 15, 22:09

I see him underrated in terms of SPA. Neymar was updated and have a 89 spa value...i mean, i dont see Eriksen under Neymar in terms of passing. I think that a 89 or 90 for SPA and his current attack value (83) representing him very well.
In the other hand, he developed a lot last season and his Technique value keeps at the same level that players like Lamela, Bonaventura or Brozovic.. i think that, in terms of ball control, he is above them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me4zvE3S-UU
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2017 Sep 05, 19:01

At last, he's taking a major role at NT level. He was in many highs and lows for Denmark NT in previous years, but the experience has taken him with a more leading profile at international level. No matter whether he plays alongside Kvist, Wass or Delaney, Eriksen is the key playmaker for the Danes. He's also scoring a bit more often for his national side.
Edit: TS could still be a bit lower. Long, off the ball runs worthy of yellow TS are not so common on him. It could be lowered like 2 or 3 points. ACC seems reasonable at 83. But DS could be boosted as well, if TS is set to be lowered.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
moxolotl

Postby moxolotl » 2017 Sep 26, 03:32

Why FKA has been downgraded?
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2017 Sep 26, 09:13

moxolotl wrote:Why FKA has been downgraded?

hes been much less of a threat with them, and often doesn't even take them now. Was harsh so rasied it to a midpoint value
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2017 Nov 15, 01:07

Already commented this on the Mango chat, but Eriksen plays so much better with a mobile, tactically developed CF ahead of him. You can see that often at Spurs. While Kane has still become a deadly striker himself, his off the ball movement and vision make much easier the duties of both Alli and Eriksen, who take advantage of this to roam and/or take mid range shots with ease.

Probably Hareide also took note of this phenomenon, so that's why he orders the Danish attacking trident to rotate a lot between themselves. The idea is to avoid having an actual target man for reference. This didn't worked well on Saturday, but it did wonders tonight in Dublin. Best example: Danish 2nd goal. N. Jorgensen gets at the edge of the box, luring for both Irish CBs for marking. Jorgensen sees Eriksen roaming freely from the left and assists him with a 1st touchpass. Then Eriksen scores with a perfect, deadly 1st touch strike.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"

Return to “Tottenham Hotspur FC”