New Goalkeeper Stats

Moderator: Mod's

ballmer

New Goalkeeper Stats

Postby ballmer » 2015 Aug 27, 18:25

At this stage it's not clear what kind of standards will apply for the new stats (we don't how sharp 90 reflexes are, how mobile a GK with 80 coverage is etc), but how do we think some classic goalkeepers might be rated in the new goalkeeping attributes?

I mean, in principle, now the distinction between pure-reflex goalkeepers, and intelligently-positioned goalkeepers should be easier to create.

Some classic goalkeepers then, Kahn, Schmeichel, Cesar, Buffon, Van Der Sar, etc etc.. How would you rate them for:

Goalkeeping:
Ability of making saves. How good the player's shot reactions are, as well as their ability to judge the best option to do in 1 on 1 situations.

Saving: (Catching in PES 2016)
How good are cleaning sheets for goalkeepers.

Clearing: IN PES 2016
Diving for goalkeepers.

Reflexes: IN PES 2016
How good is a keeper to react to a shot with his own body.

Coverage: IN PES 2016
Goalkeepers' positioning and awareness.

LaitP

Re: New Goalkeeper Stats

Postby LaitP » 2015 Aug 27, 20:55

The description provided for the new stats is not accurate for some of them.

Here is the accurate description taken directly from PES 2016 demo:

Goalkeeping:
Indicates how quickly a player can respond to the ball when playing in goal.

Catching:
Indicates the goalkeeper's ability to catch the ball. A higher value means that the keeper can catch more powerful shots.

Clearing:
Indicates the goalkeeper's ability to knock the ball away to save areas.

Reflexes:
Indicates the goalkeeper's ability to make quick reaction saves.

Coverage:
Indicates the goalkeeper's coverage of the goal and the size of the area in which he can make saves.
elalva_M8

Postby elalva_M8 » 2016 May 31, 19:46

Can anyone simplify the definitions? What's the difference between Reflexes and Goalkeeping? Coverage is the new stat for positioning? And how doea Ball Winning and Defence Prowess affect GKs in the new gens considering that it doesn't affect their OVR at all? I think this is important so that we can edit each goalkeeper individually and more accurately.
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2017 Oct 26, 01:43

i saw this when you posted it; i had been eager to see how the new gk stats work, but honestly i STILL can't decipher anything about how these stats are supposed to be rated from the default sets. The ratings are unbelievably inconsistent, and i can't find any patterns that indicate what qualities each attribute is responsible for.

it would be fantastic if someone could actually test each stat and try to isolate what they have influence over. until then i'm reluctant to say how any of the new gk stats should be rated. For example if i had tried to rate some goalkeepers based on a faulty definition or understanding of how a stat works, then there would be an enormous mess in the database filed with flawed ratings.

elalva_M8 wrote:Can anyone simplify the definitions? What's the difference between Reflexes and Goalkeeping? Coverage is the new stat for positioning? And how doea Ball Winning and Defence Prowess affect GKs in the new gens considering that it doesn't affect their OVR at all? I think this is important so that we can edit each goalkeeper individually and more accurately.

This is still my question as well, i really still don't know what the new goalkeeping stats do. There is little to no way to decipher meaning or logic from the default sets, and i can't test the ratings myself as i don't have the game.

I saw someone post a translation of the japanese description of the new gk stats, and the meaning was completely different. So it could be that we can't even use the descriptions given in game about what the stats are supposed to do. the only way to get a better idea of how the new gk stats work is by testing different values and trying to observe cause and effect.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
ballmer

Postby ballmer » 2017 Oct 26, 11:26

elalva_M8 wrote:What's the difference between Reflexes and Goalkeeping?

Not going to add any comments or opinion, but here are the rankings for reflexes and goalkeeping in PES 2018:

Reflexes:
Spoiler: show

Goalkeeping:
Spoiler: show
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2017 Oct 27, 09:05

As far as it has been explained to me:

Goalkeeping: odd of making saves, how much the player makes saves (like the former Response)
Reflexes: the ability of using his own body to make saves

Return to “Attributes analysed and explained”