Next Gen PES (14-15-16) Stats Explanation

Moderator: Mod's

PES Stats Database

Next Gen PES (14-15-16) Stats Explanation

Postby PES Stats Database » 2015 Aug 07, 13:37

Attacking Prowess:
The Ability to be involved with goal scoring chances (appropriate positioning when attacking, fast reactions to loose balls, getting into the right places for crosses).

Ball Control:
Probability of success on a trap or feint. This will be higher for players who do not often lose the ball when trapping.

Dribbling:
Dribble Acuracy indicates the level of control a player has with the ball at his feet while dribbling.

Low Pass:
Indicates how much accuracy a player has in his grounded passes.

Long Passing:
Indicates how much accuracy a player has in his arial passes.

Finishing:
Relates to the level of accuracy a player has while shooting. Players with high finishing will be more able to shoot the ball into hard-to-reach places for the keeper, such as the corners. High finishing makes a player more likely to score.

Place Kicking:
Indicates a player's level of accuracy when taking free kicks.

Swerve:
Swerve determines how much curve a player can apply to a free kick or corner. One thing that you might not realize, however, is that this value also dictates how well a player can make the ball drop after it clears the defensive wall. A player with high Free Kick Accuracy but poor Swerve may be able to clear the wall and send his kick in the right direction from sub-25 yard distances, but the ball will rarely dip sufficiently to trouble the goalkeeper.

Header:
Rate at winning the ball in the air. This includes all general heading ability, not just scoring headed goals, but also headed clearances and skills as a target man.

Defensive Prowess:
The ability of defending by predicting the pattern of play. It includes how good his reactions are based on intelligent reading of the game when defending, rather than his physical reactions.

Ball Winning:
Tackling ability. How likely the player is to win the ball in tackles. A player whose 1 on 1 ball winning rate is high through normal or sliding tackles.

Kicking Power:
Shot power of the player. Higher value for players who score goals through powerful long range free kicks or shots; judge based on the distance the ball is kicked and the initial ball speed.

Speed:
Top speed when sprinting/running.

Explosive Power:
Explosive power of the player. Higher for agile players who can accelerate to top speed over a short distance.

Body Balance:
Strength when competing with opposition players. High value is essential for players who can keep the ball without falling over. Higher for strong players who can often win physical duels.

Jump:
Jump indicates how high a player can jump to challenge for aerial balls.

Stamina:
Stamina represents a player's level of energy. A player with an excess of Stamina will be able to take part in more, such as running to contribute to the defense or offense. A player with lower Stamina will need to play more conservitively with their energy (less running/less activity that they don't actually need to do).

GOALKEEPER STATS

Goalkeeping:
Ability of making saves. How good the player's shot reactions are, as well as their ability to judge the best option to do in 1 on 1 situations.

Saving:
Includes all the GK skills. The previous value was given by the medium of the down mentioned stats. Replaced by separate goalkeeper stats from PES 2016.

Catching: IN PES 2016
How good is a goalkeeper to do not make errors when catching the ball.

Clearing: IN PES 2016
Goalkeeper clearance ability. How good is a GK at clearing the ball to areas where there are no opposition players.

Reflexes: IN PES 2016
How good is a keeper to react to a shot with his own body and legs.

Coverage: IN PES 2016
Diving ability for a goalkeeper.

Weak Foot Use:
Frequency that a player uses his weaker foot. Highest value is for players who use both feet with the same frequency, and the lowest value for players who only use their stronger foot.
4: Stronger and weaker feet used equally
3: Stronger foot used slightly more often
2: Mostly uses stronger foot
1: Never uses weaker foot

Weak Foot Accuracy:
High for players who can use both feet equally well.
4: Same accuracy for both feet
3: Accuracy with weaker foot slightly weaker than stronger foot
2: Weaker foot accuracy at lowest level
1: Can't use weaker foot

Form:
Ability to keep the same form during the matches of a season. High for players who play well to the same standard in every game and low for players whose form changes significantly game by game.

Injury Resistance:
How difficult it is for the player to get injured.
3: Player who never misses a match during a season
2: Normal Fitness
1: Player who misses games due to 3 or more injuries in a season, or player who is absent for 3 weeks or more

Last edited by Epsi on 2017 Jun 08, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
vialli82

Re: Next Gen PES (14-15-16) Stats Explanation

Postby vialli82 » 2017 Jul 10, 13:12

AFC teams was a total rubbish, that's were i've found most of the 4/4 weak foot... And Japanese teams was only superior on that not because "it's from a japanese dev" but stats was taken directly from previous Winning Eleven J-league version with others standards (directly from We2014, etc.)

But for the rest of AFC teams, they've decreased pratically every players stats, which is weird.

The most broken sets i've seen is on French Ligue 2. But that's the case for every league which aren't on top. In fact it really depends from team to team, and who's in charge with.
PL and Serie A are the most correctly rated and with less mistake, LaLiga too but there were many weird sets.

I think the famous "online tool" needs to be changed, the system needs. Fifa is what it is, but they've got a real rating system based on height/weight/position/age/current league.
There's no big mistake like the one i've noticed, just poorly rated players, and they update players stats regularly if they're over-underrated.

I remember, from PES 2009 to 2013, there was many stats updated after winter transfers... Now that doesn't exist anymore.
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2017 Jul 23, 20:08

Just a small detail from PES 18 demos, body control has been renamed "Strength on the Ball" it appears, so probably any theories about links to agility have a hard time being logical- this seems to clarify that this ability is much more about balance and resistance when dribbling.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
vialli82

Postby vialli82 » 2017 Jul 25, 07:35

But "Physical contact" have the same impact... But also without the ball.

That renaming doesn't really makes that stat clearer but also mystify another one, and how to rate both. PES 2018 feature automatic ball protection too, both attributes will be involved in.

About Agility was tested by someone here (or on Evo-web, don't remember) by makings some sets with extremes value on that attribute, and that guy have says Body Balance isn't related at all.

Testing on training, with extreme values is the best way to understand some attributes impact. But it's a bit hard to made some test on stats without the ball and "mesure" them, and even more tactical attributes like Att/Def prowess
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2017 Sep 16, 00:01

so the PES 18 stats are available on pesmaster/pesdb etc, i've gone through them quickly trying to get a brief sense for changes.

most of the legends sets have been mildly upgraded, but they still all remain hugely underrated, especially compared to contemporary players. the fact that the legends/classics have been adjusted at all, yet still haven't been rated in consistency with contemporary players is baffling to me, i'm not sure what their intentions are, or if those ratings are really how deserving those players are deemed to be by konami/konami's statsmakers.

there are a few exceptions though, like baggio/zidane/maradona/kahn who have enormously rated sets that seem consistent with how they've always been rated. however, the changes made to zidane's stats set in particular though is just baffling. i recall there's a massive massive increase in explose power to 87 from what was previously 78 or something.

i've watched a few analysis videos of PES 18, and the problems that were always predicted due to the removal of key stats seem to be all there: no DS means basically any player can dribble at 99 ds if given enough time/space, no shot technique means there's almost no individualism in shooting, a lack of acceleration makes topspeed/acceleration distinctions nonexistant- rather everyone has a pretty uniform accelerating rate.

but the game itself looks quite good- the new shielding mechanism seems to make an interesting hold up aspect to keeping the ball, and also seems to add more significance to physical contact/body control. i think the transitional animations in dribbling movements are really excellent, goalies are pretty good. i think there are problems with the way defenders are too inadequate at jockeying or lateral defensive adjustments against dribbling/ attacking movement, and i see too much abuse from backheel passing in absurd scenarios regarding the momentum of the passer, the angles where one can execute a backheel pass considering that momentum, and the weight/accuracy/consistency of these backheel passes by even the most mediocre passers, which causes backheel passing to be a ridiculously easy, and overpowered bail-out in situations players should be losing the ball due to poor buildup or bad positioning/tactics/team structure.

more importantly though, on a fundamental level pertaining to the mechanics of the attributes available, it's just clear that the lack of individualism due to the loss of critically distinguishing attributes like acceleration, ds, st, aggression, teamwork, passing speeds, really becomes apparent the more the game is broken down.

there's some other things i have wanted to bring up about the way goalkeepers seem to be rated in a contradictory, or inconsistent way, but i'm starting to suspect that very bad attribute explanations/translations and poor carry-over work from the old gen games are the cause of most of the unbelievable ratings in goalkeepers.

any thoughts on the game vialli or anyone else that's taken a look?
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Sep 16, 05:54

I've been playing for 2 days and the stat system is still a problem, which you explained very well here.

Thanks to the new shielding system, the physicality of players becomes more prevalent and is a lot more important in most aspects of the game. The player movement also seems to have more of a sense of weight, which feels good, realistically good, and make dribbling runs and physical challenges more satisfying.

Body control (which I believe has been renamed strength on the ball) is also a lot more important. Physical stats in general are more important and gaps between players are more obvious. Powerhouses with high speed and high physical stats are basically bulldozers; I'm looking at you, Lukaku and Diego Costa.

The lack of individuality in movement remains the same as in PES 2017 and is just as bad and just breaks some players. The most notable example is Gareth Bale; this explosive power bullshit just means you can't have a realistic Gareth Bale in game.

However I believe Konami have found a better balance between player pace and passing/shooting pace. Crossing is still too accurate and still a problem, but otherwise the weight and trajectory of passes and shots is better than last year.
furymaker

Postby furymaker » 2017 Sep 18, 22:23

i've actually played quite a lot of pes 18 so far, its huge improvement over the 17, animations are neat, passing feels better even tho i'm still undecided which settings are best to have the best control over the passes, full manual is bit hard without practicing it fulltime.
Goalkeepers are superb, as vinnie said backheel passes and crosses are still bit too good, doing 1-2s followed by a cross is the easiest way to score in pes 18.
Corners are decent, i can get so many headers and stuff, but bit hard to keep the shot on target, always go wide or 2 weak.
Dribbling and shielding of the ball feels really satisfying.

Changing players is still buggy and frustrating especially when playing vs someone thats not AI, players waiting bit too long to pick up the pass without you holding R2/RT and moving the player forwards is still problematic in most cases, defending feels better than last year, but something they can still improve.
Overall gameplay feels nice, stats are still little bit awkward, lack of DS hurts this a lot imo, thats the most obvious thing I noticed and they are quite harsh on rating younger players that play for lesser clubs.
But its definitely a step to the right direction, if anyone wants to play (steam), pm/dm me your steam name and I'll add u asap.
Houy

Postby Houy » 2017 Sep 19, 11:34

furymaker wrote:i tho i'm still undecided which settings are best to have the best control over the passes, full manual is bit hard without practicing it fulltime.

furymaker wrote:as vinnie said backheel passes and crosses are still bit too good, doing 1-2s followed by a cross is the easiest way to score in pes 18.

On pes16 atleast i think playing with pass support off is imperative for the game experiernce, it needs practice so you can be effective with average passers, yet with enough experience on just Support level 1 and the adjustment to the assistance patterns, distinction between SPA 75 and SPA 83 is pretty much lost, the passing cap especially. I've forgotten about the crossing :?
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2017 Sep 24, 08:06

I don't think it's out of the question that explosive power is actually acceleration, or mainly to do with acceleration, when i look at the ratings.. this isn't ruled out from what i can judge.. but the effect of this is quite unproven at the moment.

Some examples i've noticed:

sterling 92 ts 95 explosive power, vardy 93 ts 94 explosive power, walcott 94 ts, 93 explosive power, and walker 92 ts 88 explosive power .

walker should be noticeably behind, as the slowest to reach 6 yards, and then 12 yards; and sterling should be ahead of walcott at 6 yards.

instead walker is the FASTEST to 6 yards and doesn't lose his lead until the half line- in fact he wins the race outright. vialli you mentioned that height now has an effect on topspeed, and so maybe walker winning the race is then acceptable, but how can he win the first 12 yards with much lower explosive power?

Spoiler: show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ7JM_iWeP0&t=3m45s

and i noticed this when watching a video of someone trying to play online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGuqWVKD6sQ&t=16m35s

that's usain bolt, with his 99 topspeed and 99 explosive power.

if someone has pes 18, it would be great if there could be some testing done to try to isolate and demonstrate what each stat influences in a clear way.

the default database is too inconsistent to be able to decipher any trends in a meaningful way like we have done in the past.

Return to “Attributes analysed and explained”