Next Gen PES (14-15-16) Stats Explanation

Moderator: Mod's

PES Stats Database

Next Gen PES (14-15-16) Stats Explanation

Postby PES Stats Database » 2015 Aug 07, 13:37

Attacking Prowess:
The Ability to be involved with goal scoring chances (appropriate positioning when attacking, fast reactions to loose balls, getting into the right places for crosses).

Ball Control:
Probability of success on a trap or feint. This will be higher for players who do not often lose the ball when trapping.

Dribbling:
Dribble Acuracy indicates the level of control a player has with the ball at his feet while dribbling.

Low Pass:
Indicates how much accuracy a player has in his grounded passes.

Long Passing:
Indicates how much accuracy a player has in his arial passes.

Finishing:
Relates to the level of accuracy a player has while shooting. Players with high finishing will be more able to shoot the ball into hard-to-reach places for the keeper, such as the corners. High finishing makes a player more likely to score.

Place Kicking:
Indicates a player's level of accuracy when taking free kicks.

Swerve:
Swerve determines how much curve a player can apply to a free kick or corner. One thing that you might not realize, however, is that this value also dictates how well a player can make the ball drop after it clears the defensive wall. A player with high Free Kick Accuracy but poor Swerve may be able to clear the wall and send his kick in the right direction from sub-25 yard distances, but the ball will rarely dip sufficiently to trouble the goalkeeper.

Header:
Rate at winning the ball in the air. This includes all general heading ability, not just scoring headed goals, but also headed clearances and skills as a target man.

Defensive Prowess:
The ability of defending by predicting the pattern of play. It includes how good his reactions are based on intelligent reading of the game when defending, rather than his physical reactions.

Ball Winning:
Tackling ability. How likely the player is to win the ball in tackles. A player whose 1 on 1 ball winning rate is high through normal or sliding tackles.

Kicking Power:
Shot power of the player. Higher value for players who score goals through powerful long range free kicks or shots; judge based on the distance the ball is kicked and the initial ball speed.

Speed:
Top speed when sprinting/running.

Explosive Power:
Explosive power of the player. Higher for agile players who can accelerate to top speed over a short distance.

Body Balance:
Strength when competing with opposition players. High value is essential for players who can keep the ball without falling over. Higher for strong players who can often win physical duels.

Jump:
Jump indicates how high a player can jump to challenge for aerial balls.

Stamina:
Stamina represents a player's level of energy. A player with an excess of Stamina will be able to take part in more, such as running to contribute to the defense or offense. A player with lower Stamina will need to play more conservitively with their energy (less running/less activity that they don't actually need to do).

GOALKEEPER STATS

Goalkeeping:
Ability of making saves. How good the player's shot reactions are, as well as their ability to judge the best option to do in 1 on 1 situations.

Saving:
Includes all the GK skills. The previous value was given by the medium of the down mentioned stats. Replaced by separate goalkeeper stats from PES 2016.

Catching: IN PES 2016
How good is a goalkeeper to do not make errors when catching the ball.

Clearing: IN PES 2016
Goalkeeper clearance ability. How good is a GK at clearing the ball to areas where there are no opposition players.

Reflexes: IN PES 2016
How good is a keeper to react to a shot with his own body and legs.

Coverage: IN PES 2016
Diving ability for a goalkeeper.

Weak Foot Use:
Frequency that a player uses his weaker foot. Highest value is for players who use both feet with the same frequency, and the lowest value for players who only use their stronger foot.
4: Stronger and weaker feet used equally
3: Stronger foot used slightly more often
2: Mostly uses stronger foot
1: Never uses weaker foot

Weak Foot Accuracy:
High for players who can use both feet equally well.
4: Same accuracy for both feet
3: Accuracy with weaker foot slightly weaker than stronger foot
2: Weaker foot accuracy at lowest level
1: Can't use weaker foot

Form:
Ability to keep the same form during the matches of a season. High for players who play well to the same standard in every game and low for players whose form changes significantly game by game.

Injury Resistance:
How difficult it is for the player to get injured.
3: Player who never misses a match during a season
2: Normal Fitness
1: Player who misses games due to 3 or more injuries in a season, or player who is absent for 3 weeks or more

Last edited by Epsi on 2017 Jun 08, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Ramindbroken

Re: Next Gen PES (14-15-16) Stats Explanation

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 May 23, 19:40

How are DEF/ATT Prow and BW beign rated?
Jean_PS

Postby Jean_PS » 2016 May 31, 21:33

Spoiler: show
Epsi wrote:GOALKEEPER STATS

Goalkeeping:
Ability of making saves. How good the player's shot reactions are, as well as their ability to judge the best option to do in 1 on 1 situations.

Saving:
Includes all the GK skills. The previous value was given by the medium of the down mentioned stats. Replaced by separate goalkeeper stats from PES 2016.

Goalkeeper clearance ability. How good is a GK at clearing the ball to areas where there are no opposition players.

LaitP wrote:Here is the accurate description taken directly from PES 2016 demo:

Goalkeeping:
Indicates how quickly a player can respond to the ball when playing in goal.

Catching:
Indicates the goalkeeper's ability to catch the ball. A higher value means that the keeper can catch more powerful shots.

Clearing:
Indicates the goalkeeper's ability to knock the ball away to save areas.

Reflexes:
Indicates the goalkeeper's ability to make quick reaction saves.

Coverage:
Indicates the goalkeeper's coverage of the goal and the size of the area in which he can make saves.

I have not started to implement this in the Brazilian league because I have doubts about this last skill: Coverage.
Through its definition, Epsi comes the idea that Coverage is literally the diving goalkeeper, the word used is this (diving). What would be the side jump.
But I look at Buffon and he has 98 of coverage here and by Konami.
I'm going to Handanovic' and he has 96 here in PSD and 93 by Konami.

Then, I found this definition that I quoted above LaitP, supposedly, puts the definitions given by the Konami in the demo version. And the definition makes sense taking into account the assigned values.

After all, what's Coverage? Please.
vonkomn

Postby vonkomn » 2016 May 31, 23:25

The BW stat in the PES 2016 format are not considering the players positions.
Ramindbroken

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 May 31, 23:37

Jean_PS wrote:
Epsi wrote:GOALKEEPER STATS

Goalkeeping:

Saving:

LaitP wrote:Here is the accurate description taken directly from PES 2016 demo:

Goalkeeping:
Indicates how quickly a player can respond to the ball when playing in goal.

Catching:
Indicates the goalkeeper's ability to catch the ball. A higher value means that the keeper can catch more powerful shots.

Clearing:
Indicates the goalkeeper's ability to knock the ball away to save areas.

Reflexes:
Indicates the goalkeeper's ability to make quick reaction saves.

Coverage:
Indicates the goalkeeper's coverage of the goal and the size of the area in which he can make saves.

I have not started to implement this in the Brazilian league because I have doubts about this last skill: Coverage.
Through its definition, Epsi comes the idea that Coverage is literally the diving goalkeeper, the word used is this (diving). What would be the side jump.
But I look at Buffon and he has 98 of coverage here and by Konami.
I'm going to Handanovic' and he has 96 here in PSD and 93 by Konami.

Then, I found this definition that I quoted above LaitP, supposedly, puts the definitions given by the Konami in the demo version. And the definition makes sense taking into account the assigned values.

After all, what's Coverage? Please.

Coverage is the ability of the keeper to "make himself big" when he has to... well, keep shots, kinda like DEF used to work for older PES.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Jun 11, 02:47

this might help with the ladder somehow?

kuer86

Postby kuer86 » 2016 Sep 02, 09:19

where is the difference between old Attack value und attack prowesse? and between old def and bw? by the explanations i thought Attack=Attack Prowess, Def=BW and by defensive players Resp=Def Prowess.

I ask because every year im building classic teams on my of and i always rated the players like this, but when i look at the new stats i see many differences in the ratings and the classic players still dont have the new rating. so i wonder how to rate them in the new stats system? can somebody help me?
Paablito

Postby Paablito » 2016 Sep 02, 13:33

kuer86 wrote:where is the difference between old Attack value und attack prowesse? and between old def and bw? by the explanations i thought Attack=Attack Prowess, Def=BW and by defensive players Resp=Def Prowess.

I ask because every year im building classic teams on my of and i always rated the players like this, but when i look at the new stats i see many differences in the ratings and the classic players still dont have the new rating. so i wonder how to rate them in the new stats system? can somebody help me?

Well, yes and no. Konami tried to have the same impact in old gen and next gen, but irl cant be like that. In old nex attack is - mostly - danger in offensive and def is dissposition to be impossible to beat. But in old gen has other stats to make much more better to replicate players in game as agg, tw, ment, resp and those stats arent in next gen, for example a player could be excellent making tackles but in a low defensive system, so doesn't make interceptions away of the box so he will be replicate with a high def and low resp.
In next gen - mostly - att prowess is a combination of those stats with att, how good is a player to create danger making fast reactions, be in the right place in the right moment, attack to empty spaces, etc. Same happened with def prowess, intelligent to make tackles in the right moment, appear in a place to dont leave empty spaces, reactions to catch the ball, etc.
Can see the little differences? So, you cant "translate" stats from pes 13 to pes 16 directly, you should make some kind of conversion to make it.
vonkomn

Postby vonkomn » 2016 Sep 02, 15:33

kuer86 wrote:where is the difference between old Attack value und attack prowesse? and between old def and bw? by the explanations i thought Attack=Attack Prowess, Def=BW and by defensive players Resp=Def Prowess.

You can't do a direct translation of the stats from 6-13 style to 14-15-16 style, but if it helps you here the formulas I use for the classic player, I have experimented with them and I find that while not perfect(damn you Kante) they give a decent result.
Using the Pes 6 stats:
Att Prow=Max(2/3*Attack+1/3*Response;2/3*Attack+1/3*Aggression)
Def Prow=Max(2/3*Defense+1/3*Response;2/3*Defense+1/3*Teamwork)
BW=Max(2/3*Defense+1/3*Balance;2/3*Defense+1/3*Mentality)
You can also try experimenting with this formulas or other until you find a something you find that works.
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2016 Sep 05, 10:48

I will give a try, btw we need to rate them as standalone
kuer86

Postby kuer86 » 2016 Sep 12, 09:44

must admit this formular works better than i thought! but i'm still a bit skeptical. i tried some other formulas like Att Prow= 60% attack+20%Respone+20%AGG worked good for benzema (87), Ronaldo (97), Suarez (96) but then i got to messi (92) and robben (91)...
vonkomn

Postby vonkomn » 2016 Sep 15, 20:29

kuer86 wrote:must admit this formular works better than i thought! but i'm still a bit skeptical. i tried some other formulas like Att Prow= 60% attack+20%Respone+20%AGG worked good for benzema (87), Ronaldo (97), Suarez (96) but then i got to messi (92) and robben (91)...

I also tried using a Att,Res and Agg and I had the same problem, that's why I simply decided to use the formulas I post earlier, that way player like Messi or Robben aren't punished because of having a low response.
Orm81

Postby Orm81 » 2016 Sep 17, 22:48

Hello everyone, I just record, but a very long time ago I read the forum... And really good woks is done for those who want stats as realistic as possible to all players...
I wanted to raise a an issue, we could put the classics players to statistics new generation?
It's a proposal.
spykex

Postby spykex » 2016 Dec 03, 11:59

Is Body Control is PES 2017 the same as Body Balance in PES 2016?
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2016 Dec 03, 13:57

Body balance is closer to Physical contact.
Body control is a whole new stat.
spykex

Postby spykex » 2016 Dec 04, 06:10

How can I convert PES 2017 stats into PES 2016?

Most of the stats are still the same. Only things different are 'new Goalkeeper stats' in 2017 and 'Saving' in 2016; 'Body Control' and 'Physical Contact' in 2017 and 'Body Balance' in 2016.

Saving can be calculated by taking the average of Catching, Coverage, Clearing and Reflexes I suppose.
How do I calculate 'Body Balance' (2016) from the new stats?
tomitos

Postby tomitos » 2017 Feb 16, 20:11

What's the difference between the old stat Attack, and the new stat Attacking Prowess????
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Feb 16, 20:49

As far as we know, Attacking prowess is basically what Attack was before (overall attacking ability, dangerousness, and mostly attacking positionning) + response, only applied to offensive situations (while defensive responsiveness and positioning are determined by Def prowess).
Houy

Postby Houy » 2017 Apr 05, 19:13

So i think by now i am at a good level rating the new keeper stats,the first three aren't very hard to distinguish in game and the descriptions are pretty straightforward.The one i'm still uncertain about is Coverage.To start there are these three definitions i've found so far:
1)Indicates the goalkeeper's coverage of the goal and the size of the area in which he can make saves.

2)Goalkeepers' positioning and awareness.

3)Diving ability for a goalkeeper

The first sounds reasonable,although coverage of the goal is a little vague.
The second sounds the best to me ,maybe it's what coverage of the goal is supposed to mean in the first description
The third is very straighforward but i am not sure about this,sounds too specific and i haven't really noticed a differance in ''diving' in game.

All three sound corellated to a bigger or smaller extend,the problem is the second and third sound too different and would obviously be rated quite differently,for some keepers diving ability and positioning have so much distance betwen them that even a compromising value is not appropriate.
I'd really like to hear opinions on this,especially how other Mods have been rating it.
vialli82

Postby vialli82 » 2017 May 02, 15:40

In french it's "dévier" and it's more about the ability to deflect/punch the ball.
For example, Buffon catches less than he deflect with his punch: that's a thing you could see in his stats (89 catching vs 97 coverage).

It's about the "Tendency" if you want to rate a player saves: if he catches more +Catching and -Coverage, and vice-versa
Houy

Postby Houy » 2017 May 02, 18:11

Jesus fucking Navas :shock:, for crying out loud, it's not enough they can't bother to write a decent description, they can't even find one proper word to name it so it remotely relays it's meaning across the board. thanks for the input mate

Return to “Attributes analysed and explained”